You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Bea said Offer it up, Father That “ugh” lady ma...
- VexillaRegis said Fr. Z said: “The woman next to me was so bizarre,...
- Jerry said The Sisters of Mary received the most popular vote...
- Ken.Hendrickson said > Fr. G wrote: > There is a sequel to this v...
- Ken.Hendrickson said This video is a great example of why, when I conve...
- LisaP. said Micah Mattix’s Prufrock just linked to a Bar...
- APX said You might, for example, hear that the Trinity is l...
- Mike said “Pope Benedict definitely did not think so –...
- Nancy D. said Although at the end of the Day, The Blessed Trinit...
- Patti Day said Father, Will you let us know how you like the new...
- Therese said “The woman next to me was so bizarre, so irr...
- kneeler said Latin rite / Novus Ordo priests … you CAN ce...
- PostCatholic said I met that lady on her outbound journey last week....
- southIndia said At the drop of a hat I can make a video comparing...
- Granny said MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!
- StJude said Yep.. still funny.
- MaximusXVI said Fr. Z, where are you headed now?
- maryh said First of all, I also like the Catholic concept of...
- Bruce said When I was younger I helped sail a few boats in Ha...
- JonPatrick said Supertradmum, you said what I was trying to say, o...
- Katylamb said Father, I understand about the Eastern Catholics a...
- boxerpaws1952 said rock concert or Mass?
- Tom in NY said Quaeritur: Why would the author not have used mitt...
- patrick.lynch said “Their hatred and condescension is sufficien...
- patrick.lynch said “I have no problem with this – as long as yo...
- Cincinnati Priest said janeway529: Thanks for posting the L.A. Religious...
- PatB said Carrying an umbrella means you are walking around...
- PatB said I hear plenty of mispronounced Latin from the alta...
- Supertradmum said I love sailing, but have not done so for years. Th...
- Supertradmum said The lack of objectivity in argumentation on this p...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Monthly Archives: December 2005
I am gratified to find that some other folks are now thinking through the Successor of Peter’s wardrobe when contributing to the blogosphere.
For example, over at the catty Whispers in the Loggia a piece was published (finally) about … Continue reading
Pillar of Truth is up and running. It looks as if Dave might be a sensible fellow, in that he also comments on the sport God loves the most. He seems to be a former Lutheran … Continue reading
What Does the Prayer Really Say? Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
Your feedback brightens my dark wintry days! Fr. FW of WA writes via e-mail (edited): Ã¢â‚¬Å“I hear very little but have picked up that the US Bishops … Continue reading
I have returned to my native place for the Octave of Christmas. At St. Agnes in St. Paul, MN, there was a fine midnight Mass. A full orchestra and large choir began with traditional and modern … Continue reading
I am back in the USA for Christmas and at my home parish of St. Agnes in St. Paul (MN). There is a marvelous tradition here on Saturday mornings: after the Latin Mass sung in Gregorian Chant by schola … Continue reading
Papal ceremonies must set liturgical standards, Pope says
This is just the sort of news we need to spread around.
But first, a comment: I wrote this for the WDTPRS column for the 4th Sunday of Advent:
On 5 December I … Continue reading
Well… let’s just look at this one. This is on the so-called “Angel Bridge” in front of Castel Sant’Angelo in Rome. In contrast to the heralds of great joy at the birth of the Lord, this angel … Continue reading
If you are using an aggregator, please use this link. I am having a hard time getting my RSS links set up.
You can cut and paste that into the right stop when you add a new bookmark. It … Continue reading