Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- VexillaRegis said Dear Supertradmum, I’m praying for you!
- Supertradmum said urgent..house I had to live in for six months is n...
- Charivari Rob said Thank you, PostCatholic – that made it easy...
- Therese said Thanks, Father G, for running that St. Joseph prop...
- Therese said “There’s a liturgical change coming up that...
- carolina publican said I am not a canon lawyer, or a civil one, though I...
- PostCatholic said Nice letter from a Unitarian hero. There’s a...
- The Sicilian Woman said YES! **fist pump** In contrast to his being the m...
- Tina in Ashburn said Dear @Imrahil, The excerpt is about unlawful powe...
- Skeinster said Two requests, please: For a young mother of two,...
- Father G said Jimmy Akin from Catholic Answers says he spoke to...
- Kathleen10 said I’m long convinced the Americans of the past...
- brhenry said I am confused. Are the dates of “accomplish...
- jaykay said jhayes: it will provide a view of how well they...
- Subvet said Oh Mommy, please make the stupid man shut up!
- MangiaMamma said Attended a Thanksgiving Mass today for one of our...
- xsosdid said My daughter Mary had her grade 8 grad last evening...
- Mike Morrow said O’Hannigan writes: “Second (and also...
- rcg said ‘O’zymandias.
- jhayes said Jaykay, July 12 is coming. It should give us a cha...
- Imrahil said I tend to make one exception. Those who went to wa...
- ridiculusmus said You still have not corrected the text in the post.
- Supertradmum said Well, people need to make little decisions daily...
- jaykay said jhayes: Yes indeed, and that exists also in the Re...
- cwalshb said Father, perhaps we could have a post, with sources...
- Doge of Venice said Adding St. Joseph to the Canon may have been a tes...
- padredana said Here in the diocese of Sioux Falls, SD we just rec...
- BridgetTheresa said Let’s ask the intercession of Saint Patrick...
- jhayes said Jaykay wrote: “we don’t have to find a...
- Laura Lea said Father Z’s post today certainly reflects wha...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 20 March 2006
This all has implications for everything which is chosen for the ChurchÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sacred rites and worship. Proper understanding of active participation as Ã¢â‚¬Å“active receptivityÃ¢â‚¬Â the perfection of which is reception of Holy Communion in the state of grace, must have an impact on choice of music, placement of choirs, organization of processions, how the reading are handled, use of vestments, organization of the sanctuary, and nearly everything else you can think of about Holy Mass. Continue reading
“Lord, your Church often seems like a boat about to sink, a boat taking in water on every side. In your field we see more weeds than wheat. The soiled garments and face of your Church throw us into confusion. Yet it is we ourselves who have soiled them! It is we who betray you time and time again, after all our lofty words and grand gestures. Have mercy on your Church; within her too, Adam continues to fall. When we fall, we drag you down to earth, and Satan laughs, for he hopes that you will not be able to rise from that fall; he hopes that being dragged down in the fall of your Church, you will remain prostrate and overpowered. But you will rise again. You stood up, you arose and you can also raise us up. Save and sanctify your Church. Save and sanctify us all.” Continue reading