Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- frjim4321 said . . . to increase the manpower (sic) associated w...
- Mojoron said As one who has gone through the lengthy process of...
- Philippa Martyr said Me too. We’ve got militant Islam now on the...
- Mojoron said St. PP of P is my all time favorite saint, next th...
- Supertradmum said Contrary to the lib-Catholic-spinners, all saints...
- RichR said I seem to recall that a required quality of saints...
- Lin said Fr. Z said: “Right now I have a sense of growing e...
- frjim4321 said They could easily roll back some of the more draco...
- Elizabeth D said There is chaos right now. The thing that is bother...
- Supertradmum said I think something will happen just before the Nove...
- aquinas138 said I’m OK with calling Mass “liturgy̶...
- Supertradmum said Fr. Z, daily people die in mortal sin, and some kn...
- msc said O.k., huge can of worms being opened…. Suz.:...
- Eric said Yes, four nearby parishes recently were merged int...
- JSII said LOL! And then I LOL’ed again.
- Long-Skirts said THE BATTLE We battle for Mass Daily it’s said. We...
- Tom Piatak said TWF: I would be interested in any evidence showing...
- William Tighe said “He was the typical royal who slept with any...
- SaintJude6 said @ Suz. That priest’s post was insulting. So...
- Cincinnati Priest said Yes, not donuts and coffee but rather cappuccini e...
- Kathleen10 said Each of the people who processed and prayed as an...
- Susan G said At the Christ Our Life conference in Des Moines, I...
- frival said I was once informed in an online discussion that s...
- pelerin said Please Fr Z don’t frighten us like that too...
- Paulo said The announcement under the Tiber Creek sign isn...
- Magpie said The sad thing is, I would not be surprised. ItR...
- Irenaeus G. Saintonge said Suz., in my opinion, to call the SSPX’s rosa...
- Suz. from Oklah. said This article sums up very well what I cannot seem...
- marcelus said At lunch in Santa Marta , Bp Fellay incidentally &...
- marcelus said meant: or the Lord has shown the way finally?
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
- Pope Francis to change the name of St. Peter’s Basilica
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
- SSPX officials met with Card. Müller, Prefect of CDF
- Card. Burke: “It simply makes no sense to talk about mercy which doesn’t respect truth.”
- BOOK: Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: April 2006
This might be old news to all of you, but I have been überbusy and travelling to boot. Another CWN piece, (emphasis mine):
Cardinal Jorge Medina EstÃƒÂ©vez, the former prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, … who … Continue reading
In Catholic World News there is an article on Vatican and traditionalists: rumors continue In that article you read:
For the past month, a recurrent rumor at the Vatican has been that Pope Benedict will issue a motu proprio allowing the … Continue reading
I have arrived back at my apartment in Rome, overlooking the City from two very fine and very high views. So, I am back.. yep, sure am… with about six zillion tourists who have invaded! Here is a shot from … Continue reading
I had posted audio of my sermon for Easter here some days ago. Here is an image. I think it is obvious that I have been in Italy for a long time. Continue reading
Thanks to all of you who have been reading regularly and posting comments. Your participation makes the blog work more fun and rewarding.
I am a relative newcomer to the Catholic blogosphere (though I am a battle hardened vet of … Continue reading
As some of you might remember, I am presently in the USA at "the Sabine Farm", as I like to call it. Spring is really happening, and this is my LAST day here. Today I will be starting … Continue reading
When visitors come to St. Agnes Church they often comment on the fact that the clergy wear birettas. The biretta used to be obligatory on the part of the priest celebrant and deacon and subdeacon. Now it is an option, … Continue reading
It is sometimes possible to remember precisely where you were and what you were doing when historic events took place. People often cite examples like where they were when they heard that JFK was shot, or when Neil Armstrong … Continue reading
Many thanks to "F and the wild bunch" for my spiffy new copy of the little collection of essay on the reform of liturgy by Klaus Gamber entitled The Modern Rite. I am grateful for the thought and the … Continue reading