You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- maryh said Addition: the 2011 incident was not reported as a...
- maryh said @xgenerationcatholic I followed the links you gave...
- JuliaSaysPax said I had no idea that something needed to be done aft...
- Desertfalcon said I don’t know why he did it, but no reason ca...
- Lynne said The problem in Archbisop Meyer’s diocese lea...
- Giuseppe said Catholic middle school memory (nerd edition): I b...
- Conchur said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. He ch...
- Thomas S said Thank you, Charles. It seems to leave a lot of ro...
- wmeyer said As usual, Dr. Peters’ clarification is excel...
- maryh said Hmmm. I can see why the Vatican rejected the 1998...
- Vecchio di Londra said I was at a NO Mass a few weeks ago when the (very...
- e.davison49 said Ask yourselves what the point is. Sure, there are...
- Charles E Flynn said After a Church Is Attacked....
- wmeyer said I’ve heard that there are more sex abuse cases in...
- Scott W. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, everyone el...
- Will D. said The Roman Canon is used regularly at my parish, wh...
- PostCatholic said No doubt the act is cleaner, but there are plenty...
- THREEHEARTS said Is it me? Am I wrong in considering that the prela...
- Will D. said At my parish, all the altar servers (boys and girl...
- Dave N. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, every...
- Tradster said I believe the LCWR is the only issue on which I wo...
- Thomas S said What other acts committed in a church would consti...
- cornelius74 said I got accepted to the BA course in theology at the...
- charismatictrad said I go back and forth with things like this. Yes, se...
- VexillaRegis said Fr. Jim: “I was at a very large con-celebrated mas...
- Scott W. said I’ll reserve judgement until I see the fine...
- xgenerationcatholic said I wanted to believe that the bishops had cleaned u...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said And, having read over the comments, I’ll wag...
- Deo volente said Fr. Z, Part of your sage advice was to “use...
- SimonDodd said I’m tentatively in the same place as Marion...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 23 June 2006
There is a great article about His Excellency Albert Malcom Ranjith Patabendige Don, Secretary of the CDWDS.
Vatican liturgical official seeks recovery of the sacred
Here are some excerpts:
"But unfortunately," he said, "after the Council, certain changes were made rapidly, without … Continue reading
The ubiquitous fair-minded writer for the lefty National Catholic Reporter in his weekly Word From Rome piece. He discusses some very interesting things with his usual insight.
Do check out his brief interviews with The Chair and with Msgr. Moroney.
I will … Continue reading
When Father Robert Altier and I were in seminary together, and ever after, we joked about working on a project that would cover things "from A to Z". Who’da thunk it….
You remember Fr. Robert Altier of St. Paul and … Continue reading
Opinion Journal arrives in my inbox everyday and I look forward to it. Imagine my delight that a fellow patristicist wrote a piece on the recent vote of the USCCB to approve the English translation! Here it is. (Emphasis and … Continue reading
Here is an image for you.
In the Litany of the Sacred Heart we pray: "Jesus, meek and humble of heart… Make our hearts like unto Thine."
This certainly must be the aspiration of all Christians.
Perhaps you might take a moment … Continue reading
We have been looking extensively at "dew". Another of the controverted proposed translations for the texts of Mass concerns the words before reception of Holy Communion: "I am not worthy that You should enter under my roof… Non sum dignus … Continue reading
I understand from Amy Welborn’s über-blog that Art Bell dediced he wants to convert. He married a woman from the Philippines.
It makes perfect sense! Not only should all people become Catholic, it will now be far easier to score interviews … Continue reading