"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- AnnTherese said Suburbanbanshee: I’m glad these new prayers...
- DamianF said I”m in need of some clarification: In the e...
- TomG said Patti Day: Neither was I.
- Amateur Scholastic said cwillia1 is quite right. Equal opportunities law a...
- Mgoog said Is this it http://www.laprocure.com/
- pelerin said And don’t forget the Picpus Cemetery where L...
- snoozie said “This is not really much of a story, except...
- Patti Day said I was unable to donate with the link.
- Massachusetts Catholic said Donated.
- marcelus said I’ll tell one thing is wrong in the good Fr....
- Tamara T. said Prayers and contribution via the Monastery of Our...
- Unwilling said FOX online has Cardinal Burke’s “demot...
- Henry Edwards said “Not exactly hugs and fluffy lambs for every...
- Gregorius said With all due respect to our host here, Fr. Kirby...
- Suburbanbanshee said AnnTherese – We don’t simplify the wor...
- skvie5738 said I love Laduree!! Did you have an enjoyable time th...
- Marissa said Now I must ask: What’s wrong with this picture? Ch...
- PMK said Donation sent, prayers begun
- Mike said Praying. I love his website. Will make a donation...
- brotherfee said “Not exactly hugs and fluffy lambs for everyone.”...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Prayers and contribution via the Monastery of Our...
- Peggy R said On our honeymoon, my husband and I walked up a dar...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said For anyone who can’t read the carving at Sac...
- pelerin said Good to see the photos. Those fountains are dotted...
- JabbaPapa said May I suggest at least one lunch at the Polidor, o...
- Titus said I suspect it’ll take a trip into the bowels...
- StWinefride said Fr Z – I hope you have had a chance to strol...
- Landless Laborer said There are some really good answers above. Elizium...
- marcelus said In the end it all comes down to love for this Holy...
- SimonDodd said I continue to think that this is a lot of fuss abo...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
- Card. Sarah: Worst discrimination against poor is not to give them God
- MAGISTER: “words and gestures left purposely vague”
- Francis. He puzzles me sometimes.
- More reasons to by Mystic Monk Coffee and to shun Starbucks
- Rite of Exorcism approved in English
- Fr. Michael Rodríguez – UPDATE
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 25 June 2006
Will this be hard? Of course! Will priests face some people who are irritated or confused? When donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t they? Are priests are going to bear the main burden of this challenge in a parish. When have they not? And if that isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t enough, when did the role of the Catholic lay faithful in the Church become easy? Catholics trying to live their lives well in this world as it is today are often faced with challenges that would make most priests curl up in a ball and suck their thumbs. Do parents of children simply flop down and whine about how hard it is going to be to educate their children, feed them, shelter them, see to their needs? “*sniff*… ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s soooooo harrrrrrrrrd!” I am tempted to put this in terms more suited to Tony Soprano, but Ã¢â‚¬Å“Boo hoo!Ã¢â‚¬Â You want a real challenge? How about the state of life of a mother in a military family with several children and her Marine husband in Iraq? Can we please get some perspective here?
Note the balancing of ideas: timor/amor (fear and love) and instituo/destituo (establish and abandon). In instituo I hear a Ã¢â‚¬Å“setting downÃ¢â‚¬Â in the sense of how God made us and by that making He takes us upon Himself. He has our care and our governance. God sets us down next to Himself, under His watchful eye, so that we donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t go wrong. In destituo I hear a Ã¢â‚¬Å“setting downÃ¢â‚¬Â in the sense of a setting to one side away from Himself, an abandonment of interest. In gubernatio God is our pilot, our steersman, keeping his hand on the wheel of our lives. We are solid because His loving hand is firm. Were He to abandon us, our ship would wreck and we would be Ã¢â‚¬Å“destituteÃ¢â‚¬Â. Amidst the vicissitudes of this world we depend in fear and love on His Holy Name. We stand planted in the proper place before GodÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fearful glance and under His guiding hand of love only through both love and fear His Name which points to His Person. Continue reading