Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- JudicaMe said Safe trip, Father. Just wondering, do you make it...
- robtbrown said Rachel K says: I am very sorry reading this that...
- CradleRevert said Looks like someone landed some first-class tickets...
- wanda said May extra angels go along with you, Fr. Z, especia...
- cwillia1 said The law is clear. The law was clear in the Hobby L...
- Random Friar said Quo vadis?
- Frank_Bearer said The local parish here has a sign on the screen on...
- SKAY said When the governor of Oklahoma was finally able to...
- ajf1984 said At Mass yesterday, our priest made a comment in hi...
- JesusFreak84 said If Obama even appeals the case, the DC court’...
- iPadre said First picture rewrite: Confessions Sinless Center...
- SKAY said Have a safe trip , Father.
- Forty Years Of Abuse | Mundabor's Blog said [...] to restore some sanity (some and some are th...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said Jefferson was not Christian. Neither Madison. For...
- The Astronomer said AVI is correct, Father, regarding the picture of t...
- Johnno said The criminals that the ARMED Mexican citizens are...
- jcr said The miraculous protection mentioned in the article...
- Gratias said Merci Père pour les madelaines. They are delicious...
- Chon said Priam1184: Witness? Among other things, martyrdom.
- AVL said Just as an FYI, in the picture of the tattooed men...
- Priam1184 said Very beautiful Father thank you. And thanks for t...
- Pope Francis Prays for Anglican Conversions - BigPulpit.com said [...] MORNING EDITION Published July 23, A. D. 201...
- CharlesG said I would agree with the Pope and the bishops that p...
- mr205 said Sadly, Obama’s court packing plan at the DC...
- Laura R. said May the Exploration Day be a blessed occasion for...
- Philip Gerard Johnson said In case it helps anyone, I learned the hard way (b...
- Lin said The health care system in the USA used to be the B...
- CordiaGrace said It is saddening, disheartening, and extremely frus...
- Michaelus said Many, many thanks for the passage from Augustine....
- Mojoron said One thing you can count on with this band of misch...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of They people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
- UPDATE: 2013 Scalfari Interview now BACK on the Vatican website. Why?
- Great article in FIRST THINGS: Correcting Catholic Blindness. ACTION ITEM!
- 30 A.D. INTERVIEW OF SCALFARIUS WITH JESUS OF NAZARETH
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2006
What Does the Prayer Really Say? 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time
ORIGINALLY PRINTED IN The Wanderer in 2005
I have received e-mail from DM (edited): “Thank you for your WDTPRS work, which a friend of mine, a high school Latin teacher, … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Mary Magdalene.
The 3rd c. writer Hippolytus in his Commentary on Song of Songs identifies Mary Magdalene with both Mary of Bethany the sister of Martha and Lazarus (Luke 10:38-42; John 1:10) and also the … Continue reading
The Vox Clara Committee has concluded its meeting in Rome. Here is a text of their press release (emphasis mine):
The Vox Clara Committee met for the tenth time from July 17-21, 2006 in the offices of the Congregation for Divine … Continue reading
There was a great interview with the former (if this makes sense) "Maestro in perpetuo" of the Sistine Chapel Choir, Mons. Domenico Bartolucci. In keeping with the usual practice of men who are over 90, lucid, expert, and thwarted, … Continue reading
St. Hilary of Poitier (+367) interpreted the passage from the Gospel of Matthew used for today’s celebration of Holy Mass (in the Novus Ordo). Here is a brief excerpt from Hilary Commentary on Matthew:
We must first point out … Continue reading
It might be, from time to time, that we take too much on ourselves. While it is good to tackle challenging things and keep our hands busy (for idle hands are the Devil’s workshop) we need to do things in … Continue reading
I see that out there in the blogosphere others, including the estemmed fellow patristoblogger Mike Aquilina, have mentioned that today is the feast of St. Macrina. However, we need to be sure about which woman named "Macrina" we are … Continue reading
Life at the Sabine Farm continues to be very good. A dear friend came for a couple days on the weekend. Monday another friend, a priest of Australia who lived in my residence in Rome for last year, … Continue reading
This is from an WDTPRS article long past, reworked and presented for your consideration. We are in the liturgical season called “Ordinary Time”. What does this mean? After all, while green (for some) symbolizes hope, this “green” season seems … Continue reading