"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jbpolhamus said Fascinated to hear about Constable’s importa...
- jacobi said The indissolubility of marriage, proclaimed by Chr...
- avatquevale said I usually assist at a NO Mass but this Sunday also...
- James C said Father, I visited the scene where that Constable w...
- JimP said We had a Norbertine father celebrating the Mass at...
- kylie said Fr Z asks if the Synod was mentioned in the homily...
- Allan S. said This is certainly a stumbling block for me. My usu...
- Landless Laborer said Unwilling, Thank you for your input. Yes, respond...
- Austin said St John Cantius was commemorated at the church of...
- greg3064 said @ Traductora One of the things that disturbs me mo...
- Giuseppe said Lepidus, I thought the same thing – I though...
- Unwilling said Landless, excuse my presumption in addressing the...
- Geoffrey said “In the ‘for what it’s worth’ ca...
- Bea said We had the diocesan vocation director speaking at...
- Geoffrey said Two questions: (1) What about during a ‘sede...
- marcelus said Traductora says: 19 October 2014 at 4:52 pm One of...
- Norah said This is but the first shot in a long battle. The L...
- boxerpaws1952 said By the way. Did you see how some loons are saying...
- Marc M said *should read more clearly- the world expected a ch...
- Marc M said Good read on indulgences, and appropriate to the d...
- MikeToo said No mention of the synod or the beatification. We o...
- FoxLaniado said Today i attended mass not in my parish, but in a c...
- Franklinwasright said I belong to a very liberal parish, but our priest...
- Andrew D said That painting is beautiful. Do tell about its impo...
- NancyP said The Synod was not mentioned in the homily, only in...
- acardnal said My parish priest is humble and bold. He opened his...
- KatieL56 said Well, no, there wasn’t really. The usual ...
- Elizabeth D said Homily about evangelization solely from the point...
- Eowyn22 said Today’s homily by a visiting priest (the for...
- Monica said That photo of eggs Benedict is just cruel. Proper...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
- The Robber Synod!
- ¡Hagan lío! Synod Bishops revolt against leadership and get their way – UPDATE!
- VIDEO: Holy League – Trailer
- 13 October? I’m just sayin’
- Card. Kasper’s observations about Africa – UPDATE: Interview REMOVED!
- Is the leadership of the Synod dealing from a stacked deck?
- ASK FATHER: Is Jesus a human person? Catechism 101
- Devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus
- ASK FATHER: Anointing in the Time of Ebola
- NEW Z-SWAG! (This one might surprise you.)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2006
What Does the Prayer Really Say? 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time
ORIGINALLY PRINTED IN The Wanderer in 2005
I have received e-mail from DM (edited): “Thank you for your WDTPRS work, which a friend of mine, a high school Latin teacher, … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Mary Magdalene.
The 3rd c. writer Hippolytus in his Commentary on Song of Songs identifies Mary Magdalene with both Mary of Bethany the sister of Martha and Lazarus (Luke 10:38-42; John 1:10) and also the … Continue reading
The Vox Clara Committee has concluded its meeting in Rome. Here is a text of their press release (emphasis mine):
The Vox Clara Committee met for the tenth time from July 17-21, 2006 in the offices of the Congregation for Divine … Continue reading
There was a great interview with the former (if this makes sense) "Maestro in perpetuo" of the Sistine Chapel Choir, Mons. Domenico Bartolucci. In keeping with the usual practice of men who are over 90, lucid, expert, and thwarted, … Continue reading
St. Hilary of Poitier (+367) interpreted the passage from the Gospel of Matthew used for today’s celebration of Holy Mass (in the Novus Ordo). Here is a brief excerpt from Hilary Commentary on Matthew:
We must first point out … Continue reading
It might be, from time to time, that we take too much on ourselves. While it is good to tackle challenging things and keep our hands busy (for idle hands are the Devil’s workshop) we need to do things in … Continue reading
I see that out there in the blogosphere others, including the estemmed fellow patristoblogger Mike Aquilina, have mentioned that today is the feast of St. Macrina. However, we need to be sure about which woman named "Macrina" we are … Continue reading
Life at the Sabine Farm continues to be very good. A dear friend came for a couple days on the weekend. Monday another friend, a priest of Australia who lived in my residence in Rome for last year, … Continue reading
This is from an WDTPRS article long past, reworked and presented for your consideration. We are in the liturgical season called “Ordinary Time”. What does this mean? After all, while green (for some) symbolizes hope, this “green” season seems … Continue reading