Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- robtbrown said jhayes, Although I’m not enthusiastic about...
- pelerin said Martlet’s comment made me laugh and reminded...
- Philippa Martyr said ASPM Sem: anyone may wear a biretta properly! Even...
- vetusta ecclesia said ASPM Sem: anyone may wear a biretta properly!
- Philippa Martyr said Waiting for a busload of nuns to come and complain...
- Philippa Martyr said PS. Ordination to the Priesthood this Saturday in...
- Philippa Martyr said A dear young couple from our church welcomed their...
- Siculum said To my own surprise, I feel as if I have substantia...
- Dienekes said I think that there IS a certain duty incumbent upo...
- mo7 said By their fruits you shall know them. Followed by...
- ASPM Sem said Can seminarians properly wear birettas?
- rcg said Please pray that one of these new priests will be...
- Rachel said I enjoyed reading everyone’s news and prayed...
- Rachel said Just ordered it. :) Thanks Father!
- zag4christ said This morning at Mass, Fr. Connall’s homily b...
- catholiccomelately said Our younger daughter and her husband are expecting...
- Gargoyle & Chimera - BigPulpit.com said [...] Incarnation, Relics & Buddy Holly’s Glas...
- Skeinster said A companion to a recent sermon on fraternal correc...
- Skeinster said A dear young couple from our church welcomed their...
- acardnal said The Working Document (Instrumentum Laboris) for t...
- jhayes said Also from Francis: “Two years ago, a priest...
- jhayes said Regarding not offending the Orthodox or other reli...
- Kathleen10 said Scripture gives us a blueprint but doesn’t c...
- Deacon Augustine said Whatever the merits of the diocese concerned, any...
- Robbie said If this investigation remains primarily about the...
- Wiktor said Ah, the Weeping Angels… just don’t bli...
- JudicaMe said @Stephen Matthew Re: Jailbreaking – ThatR...
- robtbrown said Dundonianski says: This interview strikes me as a...
- LeslieL said yes – here’s hoping that your friend w...
- Matt R said Donadrian, yes, the exception being of course when...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2006
What Does the Prayer Really Say? 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time
ORIGINALLY PRINTED IN The Wanderer in 2005
I have received e-mail from DM (edited): “Thank you for your WDTPRS work, which a friend of mine, a high school Latin teacher, … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Mary Magdalene.
The 3rd c. writer Hippolytus in his Commentary on Song of Songs identifies Mary Magdalene with both Mary of Bethany the sister of Martha and Lazarus (Luke 10:38-42; John 1:10) and also the … Continue reading
The Vox Clara Committee has concluded its meeting in Rome. Here is a text of their press release (emphasis mine):
The Vox Clara Committee met for the tenth time from July 17-21, 2006 in the offices of the Congregation for Divine … Continue reading
There was a great interview with the former (if this makes sense) "Maestro in perpetuo" of the Sistine Chapel Choir, Mons. Domenico Bartolucci. In keeping with the usual practice of men who are over 90, lucid, expert, and thwarted, … Continue reading
St. Hilary of Poitier (+367) interpreted the passage from the Gospel of Matthew used for today’s celebration of Holy Mass (in the Novus Ordo). Here is a brief excerpt from Hilary Commentary on Matthew:
We must first point out … Continue reading
It might be, from time to time, that we take too much on ourselves. While it is good to tackle challenging things and keep our hands busy (for idle hands are the Devil’s workshop) we need to do things in … Continue reading
I see that out there in the blogosphere others, including the estemmed fellow patristoblogger Mike Aquilina, have mentioned that today is the feast of St. Macrina. However, we need to be sure about which woman named "Macrina" we are … Continue reading
Life at the Sabine Farm continues to be very good. A dear friend came for a couple days on the weekend. Monday another friend, a priest of Australia who lived in my residence in Rome for last year, … Continue reading
This is from an WDTPRS article long past, reworked and presented for your consideration. We are in the liturgical season called “Ordinary Time”. What does this mean? After all, while green (for some) symbolizes hope, this “green” season seems … Continue reading