Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- robtbrown: Why is McCarrick still a Cardinal?
- robtbrown: At KU I enrolled in a course in Ancient Philosophy taught by a man who was neither Christian nor Jew. When he was speaking about the Sophists, he said they were the sociologis ts of...
- HvonBlumenthal: Would it not help if clergy were required to wear proper cassocks at all times? An SSPX priest of my acquaintan ce tells me it is a remarkably effective aid to staying on the...
- Imrahil: Well, dear Geoffrey, I think you did receive the minor order of acolyte (though not the order of subdeacon) ; the difference is that Church law draws the line between a cleric and a...
- Paul of St Paul: The Rod Dreher story and another of his I found in his twitter feed, + his readerR 17;s comments have opened mine eyes. A man like that could become a prince of the church. And...
- HvonBlumenthal: If the Pope has forgotten that he received a letter, it will not be the first time. Remember Barros?
- stephen c: Well …. the forsaken pagans of Ireland voted for a system where the war between people who want fetuses dead upon demand, on the one side, and on the other side people who want the...
- trespinos: Another military force, another academy, the students of which institutio n will be known as space cadets. (h/t to the droll tweeter whose name I wish I could remember)
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Silence implies consent?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Heterodoxy is a huge red flag. If a priest publicly dissents from the moral law, why should we be surprised to find him failing to conform his life to that same law that he...
- restoration: Hmmm… ;ordained by Cardinal Spellman in 1958. Who wants to bet that Uncle Ted’ s homosexual ity goes all the way back to at least the beginning of his priesthood ? If he was...
- byzantinesteve: I remember that Cardinal Mccarrick was one of the original authors/si gners of the Land O Lakes Statement. He set out to destroy (and succeeded) Catholic higher education in this...
- Charles E Flynn: @Teomatteo : https://ww w.reddit.c om/r/Stanl eyKubrick/ comments/1 n5d2a/a11_ work_and_n o_play_by_ mark_engle rt/ For the record, the talented artist does not believe in this...
- Charles E Flynn: I am waiting to see if anything special happens on day 666.
- richiedel: Dear Anita Moore, T.O.P., I was going to respond to your comment by not responding to it and so prove your point, but then I thought you might think I was ignoring you, but then I...
- Eric: Every bishop that knew and did nothing should resign or be forced to do so. Semi-Chile an Protocol. On the bright side of things, the SSPX is ordaining strong orthodox men today in Virgin...
- Fr. Kelly: Keep praying for Fr. Phillips. As the memo says: We now prayerfull y await the response of His Eminence, Blase Cardinal Cupich, Archbishop of Chicago, for the return of our pastor. Pray...
- MrsMacD: Yay! My heart rejoices. Something told me that it was a wicked injustice. Blessed be God. St. Joseph please pray for Father McCrae. Don’ t forget your priests O Lord, you are all...
- VP: While the priests are made out to be the monsters, the bishops as a group, so many of whom are sexually or otherwise corrupted, are now the real problem. And if the bishops have to sacrif...
- teomatteo: I wouldnR 17;t trust the leadership in the Vatican with my guppy. River or no river.
- Dimitri_Cavalli: Forgot the link, http://dig italarchiv e.wilsonce nter.org/d ocument/11 0705
- Dimitri_Cavalli: The Soviet defector and KGB archivist Vasili Mitrokhin made handwritte n copies and summaries of thousands of documents. A big one is posted online at the Wilson Center Digital...
- The Astronomer: I grew up and then worked for the U.S. Government in Central NJ when “Unc le Ted” held high ecclesial office here. It was an open secret among heterosexu al, orthodox RC...
- Kenneth Wolfe: Father Kelly — When speaking of who may serve as subdeacon at a Missa Solemnis, I don’ t believe there are many people who would interpret “par ticular appropriat e...
- Kenneth Wolfe: “Why were so many journalist s willing to let the rumors go unexplored ?” Ditto for Newark Cardinal “Nig hty Night, Baby. I love you.” ; Has anyone in the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
- ASK FATHER: Celebrate Prudence and not “Pride”!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
READER DONATIONS FROM…
- - JUNE -
To set up a recurring, monthly donation via PAYPAL (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! Do you want yet another alternative to PayPal? I have set up an account with CONTINUE TO GIVE Get a link to donate via CONTINUE TO GIVE using your smart phone.
They take a larger percent taste, but they are an alternative.
Send snail mail to:
Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603 Madison, WI 53744-4603
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank" "Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy" "the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'" - Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog.
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!