Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Benedict Joseph said Bull’s-eye.
- pseudomodo said Actually now that I look at the video a little clo...
- discens said In response to robtbrown, I say ‘artificial&...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Yes, the line from the bishop about “looking...
- haydn seeker said Oh dear. My children were fighting over the newsle...
- Aquinas Gal said I certainly understand the need for attention and...
- Tominellay said I was fortunate enough to witness the calcio fiore...
- Auggie said Kickstarter…
- Theodore said One of my kendo sensei once told me that the bout...
- Henry Edwards said Clearly needed to chase down and apply some peak t...
- pannw said Moral_Hazard says: “And I didn’t notice the...
- robtbrown said If I might amplify: I thought of referring to en...
- Julian Barkin said Do the African Bishops have emails and know Englis...
- pannw said pseudomodo, I am literally laughing out loud. We...
- robtbrown said discens, 1. All contraception is proscribed, not...
- jeffreyquick said Gee, I wish that were funny. There’s a Twitter bot...
- LarryW2LJ said “Is she not a doll?” Yeah, an empty he...
- FrMJPB said Awesome! Two teams of men throwing punches in a f...
- Marcus der mit dem C said Never too late to spend the viaticum with this car...
- Traductora said As usual, at first glance, I didn’t realize...
- pseudomodo said Oh… has the Synod started already? I thought...
- Moral_Hazard said And I didn’t notice the satire. Shame on me.
- Moral_Hazard said Barf. “Caitlyn” Jenner is not a woman....
- pray4truth said “face palm” … because there are
- TNCath said With apologies to Helen Reddy, cue to the music: &...
- JonM said This is a very relevant question for those who pra...
- discens said Continuing what tjmurphy says: artificially contra...
- JesusFreak84 said 1) Put chantgirl in charge of the Synod! 2) While...
- pmullane said Emilio: “To echo the comment above, one has...
- robtbrown said Andrew, Actual intention is not necessary for va...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Can friends of same sex “marry” to avoid deportation?
- BUGATTI UPDATE!
- Vanity Fair and the Synod
- If you are a little bored someday
- ASK FATHER: When does Paschaltide end?
- Fathers! A serious warning!
- Madison, WI – Thurs 4 June – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- June and You
- Your Good News
- Congratulations Newly Ordained Fr. Tim Ferguson!
- The upcoming “environment” encyclical, “human ecology”, and the everlasting pains of Hell
- An angry Fr. Z’s Trinity Sunday with help from Fr. Rutler
- A Trinity Sunday question for readers
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- My View For Awhile: Shore to Shore Edition
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 11 December 2006
I see that there is a blurb going around from a Reuters story that His Eminence Card. Andrea Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo, Archpriest of the Basilica, "belittled" reporters.
What happened in the conference was that one reporter after … Continue reading
I attended the press conference today about the excavations of the tomb of St. Paul in the Basilica St. Paul’s outside the walls.
The presser was interesting, but there was nothing really earth shattering about the excavation.
What was interesting … Continue reading
La Repubblica had an article that the Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei" will meet in plenary session tomorrow (12 Dec) to discuss the derestricting of the older form of Mass. Here is my translation of the article:
The Pope: Time drawing … Continue reading
Here is the Collect for Monday of the 2nd Week of Advent
COLLECT:Dirigatur, quaesumus, Domine,in conspectu tuo nostrae petitionis oratio,ut ad magnum incarnationis Unigeniti tui mysteriumnostrae vota servitutis illibata puritate perveniant.
This prayer is in Rotulus 13 which is published together with … Continue reading
Blogger John Sonnen at Orbis Catholicus as photos of an interesting Mass at the Basilica of San Nicola in Carcere, in Rome. I directed a Gregorian chant schola there years ago and was ordained deacon in that basilica. Sonnen has … Continue reading