Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- VexillaRegis said I can’t help feeling sad for them. They have...
- Grateful to be Catholic said The nuns are “standing up to the government&...
- The Cobbler said Anyone here ever try to depict an angel accurately...
- seattle_cdn said Sweet ride, sisters! I had been all wrong about yo...
- Cheesesteak Expert said Now that really is fantasy.
- Adam Welp said Should the position of sacristan at St. Ipsidipsy...
- MargaretC said When I was going through RCIA, I was initially ske...
- Mojoron said A better choice of cognac would be Remy Martin XO,...
- ProfKwasniewski said Dear All, First and foremost, I did not intend any...
- Lori Pieper said I recall reading that St. Michael is the one who i...
- av8er said I have a devotion to St. Michael. He’s helpe...
- AnAmericanMother said Bravo! Bravo! You are welcome to come slay quantit...
- AnAmericanMother said I note that Tobias’ faithful dog is in atten...
- Andrew D said My daily prayers are incomplete without the St. Mi...
- Janol said I’m sure many of us can recount stories of t...
- stjoe said Hi Fr. Z, I have a great devotion to St. Joseph an...
- OrthodoxChick said There’s a perpetual Adoration chapel 5 minut...
- dp0p said P. G. Wodehouse, call your office!
- Martlet said I love these angels. I call often on St Michael &...
- JKnott said A great place for the angels is http://www.opusa...
- Sandy said I call on the angels every day! Including angels...
- wanda said I say daily the Guardian Angel prayer, saying Ange...
- Charles E Flynn said The Ignatius InsightScoop posting “The Twelv...
- majuscule said I have a devotion to St. Michael but I have been s...
- Unwilling said New to Fr Z’s blog, I checked back on previo...
- benedetta said frjim4321 above would like us all to believe his m...
- Ichabod said Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’...
- benedetta said Tour de force — bravo!
- Henry Edwards said “In the new calender today all the Archangel...
- FranzJosf said The Anglicans call the feast “St. Michael an...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
- Pope Francis to change the name of St. Peter’s Basilica
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
- SSPX officials met with Card. Müller, Prefect of CDF
- Card. Burke: “It simply makes no sense to talk about mercy which doesn’t respect truth.”
- BOOK: Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: December 2006
AdventÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s final days have come. The first candles on our Advent wreaths are now very small. From 17 December to Christmas Eve the haunting Ã¢â‚¬Å“O AntiphonsÃ¢â‚¬Â are sung for Vespers. They express our longing for the Coming of the Lord: Ã¢â‚¬Å“O come! O come!.. to teach usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ redeem usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ deliver usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ ransom usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ free usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ enlighten usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ save usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ save usÃ¢â‚¬Â¦.Ã¢â‚¬Â While we enjoy the season of preparation, let us not forget also to do some penance so that our Christmas joy is that much sweeter. Please accept my prayerful best wishes to you and yours for a very Merry Christmas.
I understand that there may be a short feature on the Fox News Channel about the "Tridentine" Mass, during the Fox Report starting 7 p.m. EST.
Be sure to post reports here.
Here is the first prayer for the Mass of 23 December, the last full day of Advent before the Vigil of Christmas. It is also Ember Saturday and the Roman Station is St. Peter’s Basilica.
COLLECT: Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, nativitatem … Continue reading
It is bleak midwinter here at The Sabine Farm. It is snowing now – huge featherlike slowmotion snow.
I have music on fit for the season. I was working on the text of a sermon I will need to … Continue reading
On the question of whether the SSPX is schismatic or not (some say yes – that would be the late Pope) I found this on the SSPX website. It concerns whether or not people who follow the priests of … Continue reading
The text of the Pope’s annual address to members of the Curia is out, in Italian. I won’t do a translation, but I can let you know what is going on for the most part.
The Pope looks at the … Continue reading
Over at Rorate, we have a report of the SSPX bishop Bernard Fellay making a speech in Argentina. You can get more of the speech at Rorate but here is something that interested me (emphasis mine).
"…it seems like … Continue reading
Here is the Collect for today’s Mass on 22 December. The Roman Station today is the Basilica of the Twelve Apostles.
COLLECT: Deus, qui, hominem delapsum in mortem conspiciens, Unigeniti tui adventu redimere voluisti, praesta, quaesumus, ut, qui humili … Continue reading