Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Geoffrey said This is something that hopes to help the Latin cau...
- Joseph-Mary said The learning and use of Latin is was probably too...
- TuAutem said Sorry, the author of the article “On Mediaev...
- TuAutem said To anyone whom this post speaks to, may I heartily...
- Giuseppe said I had 4 years of Latin in high school. The first...
- JesusFreak84 said Heh, I have a non-practicing LDS friend, and the o...
- Iacobus M said When I was studying for a masters degree in Englis...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Andrew D has given a good analysis of the history...
- RomeontheRange said Belmont Abbey College in Charlotte NC has hosted a...
- Mike said Plug-in on Chrome under Windows 7 worked fine. Tha...
- SKAY said Thank you, Father.
- Bryan D. Boyle said Ahhhh…but who can (sadly) forget: http://you...
- MrsMacD said Searched for the Benedictines of Mary Queen of Apo...
- The Masked Chicken said Sorry. That should be Duke Ellington, not Count B...
- The Masked Chicken said “The question about modal jazz peaked my cur...
- MrsMacD said Day four of clicking on Here link and ending up at...
- The Masked Chicken said “Nothing new under the sun. The Church Fathe...
- Sonshine135 said I sat on my hands believing what everyone told me-...
- Christopher Hunt said Good Padre, The link to the Benedictine music goes...
- Caritas said I do not mean to downplay the importance of the is...
- barre218 said Could you please tell me where it’s written...
- PA mom said Absolutely love the Bells of St Mary’s. May...
- JJZ said The Constitution De Fide Catholica, mentioned in F...
- Legisperitus said Here is where I’m confused about “the...
- Deborah Maxwell said In my parish in the UK, the children go out at the...
- liebemama said Did you notice how all the children’s heads...
- Phil_NL said Another point is whether or not the first marriage...
- Fr_Sotelo said What is this discussion is about? Is it about some...
- JohnNYC said In this sweet clip from the film “The Bells...
- Sword40 said I have an adopted son, who is now 45 years old. He...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
- ADVENTCAzT 14: Mary’s reaction to the angel unfolds in three steps
- ASK FATHER: Will I have my pets again in heaven?
- Congratulations to a long-time participant and commentator for his ORDINATION!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ASK FATHER: Direction of the couple exchanging vows
- ADVENTCAzT 13: “A type of the manly vocation”
- In The Wild: motorcycle edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: April 2007
It just doesn’t get better than this.
Benedict XVI and Augustine of HippoThis gives me shivers.
Years ago in the hallway of the Palazzo del Sant’Uffizio where I was working, just after the release of the CDF document on the Vocation of … Continue reading
Today’s PODCAzT, on the eve of my trip to the USA for Msgr. Schuler’s funeral, features s. 3 of St. Leo the Great (+461), on the anniversary of his election to the See of Peter. In light of what we … Continue reading
I decided to fly to the USA for the funeral of Msgr. Richard Schuler, of St. Paul (MN -USA).
The cosmic laws governing phenomena like rain when you leave your umbrella at home or when you wash your car will also … Continue reading
When I travel and stop at parish churches, or when I surf their sites, I scan their parish bulletins.
Bulletins often include a "Pastor’s Page".
I am delighted when these commmentaries are well-written, informative, and not condescending.
I am rarely … Continue reading
There is a blog award thingie taking place right now. Religion blogs are a category. It is called the Blogger’s Choice Awards.
WDTPRS has been nominated.
I am reading in the blogosphere some interest that blogs with a Catholic focus make a … Continue reading
Msgr. Richard J. Schuler passed away on 20 April at about 2:20 a.m., Central Time.
He leaves a great legacy which will endure.
"Well done, good and faithful servant… enter into the joy of your master." (cf. Matthew 25:23)
A … Continue reading
My good friend Mr. John Allen of the NCR*, in his weekly blurb has this interesting quote:
"An April 3 letter from Cardinal Walter Kasper, who among other things heads the Vatican’s Pontifical Commission for Religious Relations with Jews, responds … Continue reading
UPDATE: I am bumping this back to the top. Let’s have another round. If you have seen this before, thanks! If you haven’t, read on!
The English language weekly The Wanderer has a new website and a new online edition available. … Continue reading
You all know and love the video (La métamorphose d’un autel) embedded in my entry Talk about an ALTARation! in which we see a rather banal modern altar being dressed for an ad orientem Mass.
Some of you … Continue reading