Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- The Masked Chicken said “I’m not sure that discomfort with this post...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said ALL: Re: Muskrat on Fridays. See my update, above...
- Eric said I give up alligator wrestling every year for lent.
- wmeyer said Of course, owning tools for self defense without t...
- cl00bie said This proves that civil “marriage” has...
- wmeyer said “Unseemly” is a highly subjective word...
- Imrahil said In the Second World War, German women could marry...
- Mike Morrow said Archbishop Sample’s homily is extremely effe...
- Dr. Lee Fratantuono said “Of course, as with so many teachings, Prote...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I won’t rule out that alligator may be invol
- wmeyer said “And yet there is a striking dearth of citations i...
- The Masked Chicken said “So, when the woman dies, can another man de...
- The Masked Chicken said “Errr, didn’t I correct myself or does that...
- Chon said Sword40, just to let you know, Holy Rosary has had...
- Joe in Canada said If the alligator is from tropical waters, is it st...
- SteelBiretta said If you’re ever in New Orleans, you can, on t...
- amenamen said “It’s not you. It’s me.” S...
- The Masked Chicken said “Feel free to yell at me O Floridian faithfu...
- mschu528 said Heading south for a proper Lenten alligator dinner...
- kat said This was very enjoyable to watch. Thank you Fathe...
- VexillaRegis said Volanges et al, thanks for the info! Alligator see...
- incredulous said The Masked Chicken says: 10 March 2014 at 11:42 am...
- Paulo said Coming a little late to the combox, but I thought...
- Langsey said It will be interesting when she asks for a divorce...
- The Masked Chicken said “And yet there is a striking dearth of citat...
- acricketchirps said Fairly sophisticated analysis of the interplay of...
- lucy said Prayers sent your way. I will offer all the pain...
- Tony McGough said Our sermon consisted of a lenten pastoral letter f...
- Sword40 said Portland has the foundations of developing a great...
- Patti Day said The most impressive point for me is that the befor...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 26 June 2007
It will hardly surprise anyone familiar with The Tablet that an article against the derestriction of the older form of Mass might emerge when the date of the MP ostensibly draws nearer. In finem citius after all.
The Tablet’s editorial is … Continue reading
This WDTPRS blog was born from a project of helping people to know what the prayers of Holy Mass really say, because the Lord knows we are not getting their true content in the translation presently in use.
The idea … Continue reading
In the last few minutes… here is a list of where some of your are:
Fairfax, Virginia Dayton, Ohio Washington, District of… Stadtwald, Thuringen Columbia, Missouri Kleszczw, Krakow Pleasant Hill, California Vnersborg, Vastra Gotal… Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Nashville, Tennessee Adelaide, South Australia … Continue reading
In the daily La Stampa, Marco Tosatti has an article concerning possible upcoming Vatican appointments.
After speculation about the appointment of Card. Tauran for Interreligious Dialogue, Tosatti riffs on the presence of men from Milan in the Curia.
Tosatti mentions Antonio Card. … Continue reading
Pope Benedict XVI desires that the manner of electing a Pope in a conclave will return to an earlier form.
The Motu Proprio is called Constitutione apostolica.
John Paul II had changed the legislation to permit "simple election". Under the … Continue reading
The German language newsource Kath.net has published a piece indicating a date of 6 July for the Motu Proprio. Also, H.E. Egon Kapellari, Bishop of Graz (Austria) will present a commentary on the document.
Vatikan (www.kath.net) Das Motu proprio zur … Continue reading