When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- jameeka said I hope this is sorta like St Crispin’s day i...
- RJHighland said I love seeing this, gives me hope, especially when...
- The Cobbler said Hams talking about prime rib in code, eh?
- chantgirl said The takeaway from this seems to be “Go big o...
- Sonshine135 said Whether Isis in the Middle East, or the homofascis...
- Sonshine135 said Beautiful church! Amazing results to the Mass Mob!
- Sonshine135 said I am so very blessed to see that my Pastor has sig...
- WMBriggs said I was there. Father acknowledged the “mass...
- Gentillylace said A Comboni missionary father presided at the Mass I...
- aviva meriam said Deo Gratias…..!!!
- VeritasVereVincet said “a Catholic baker….is obligated in con...
- Grumpy Beggar said . . . Several items just to confirm that cakes are...
- Fern said In 1962 my future husband and I went to the civil...
- IHSV said Whoa, the reason I was going to comment here is th...
- SKAY said Two members of the SCOTUS have already performed...
- iPadre said That’s when we need to drop our legal author...
- Theodore said Here’s a bit of constitutional good news: ...
- Supreme Court & Gay 'Marriage': Day of Destiny - Big Pulpit said […] Idaho: City Ordinance Says Pastors Mus...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Tzabiega, I agree that it would be good if th...
- snoozie said Deo Gratias!!!
- Elizium23 said Help! I’m a mobile n00b. I have not a phone...
- Elizabeth D said mysticalrose, but local people may guess who I am...
- Sconnius said Father (being from India) had his normally scripte...
- jeffc said Fr. Z, you’re making me want the rain to sto...
- jbpolhamus said Either our prayers were ineffectual, or he fled. T...
- Adrienne Regina said Great photos from their Face Book page: https://ww...
- Giuseppe said The court will rule that states cannot prohibit ga...
- asperges said I hope this is a great success and that priests si...
- patergary said Already signed the other day!
- OlderCatholic said I am unsure where we are drawing lines. When my da...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- San Francisco MASS Mob Results
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
- National Morse Code Day… and….
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday of Easter (2002MR) – Our humility and the might of the Shepherd
- Heads up! Reactions to my post about destruction of Christian businesses still rolling in.
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: July 2007
We haven’t yet heard much about Summorum Pontificum from Canadian sources. However, in the Catholic Register, a Canadian paper, there is this article of interest.
My emphases and comments.
Latin Mass increases … Continue reading
Sr. Chittister is pretty worried.
On 10 July Sister produce what must be called an exemplary piece on the Motu Proprio and older form of Mass. It perfectly conveys what Sister stands for.
Nearly a month later she has … Continue reading
There is again something of interest from the Diocese of Winona on the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum. You might remember the statement of His Excellency Most Reverend Bernard Harrington which you can review here. I had also posted here a … Continue reading
In the Diocese of Orange in California, there has been some conflict over the use of the older form of Mass. Click here, here and here for the sad background.
I now offer for your consideration the following, well, bizarre … Continue reading
The Washington Times has an article on the Motu Proprio.
My emphases and comments.
Old rite wins new Mass appeal
July 30, 2007
By Julia Duin – The Tridentine Mass, the Latin-only rite both loved and hated by many Catholics for its medieval … Continue reading
While scanning my RSS feeds this morning I noticed that Gerald at the Cafeteria found an article in a publication I nearly never pay attention to: Commonweal. They published something by a Rite Ferrone on the Motu Proprio.
… Continue reading
I received this from a priest in the Diocese of Steubenville where His Excellency Most Reverend Robert Daniel Conlon is Bishop. It is a memo to "priests resident in the Diocese of Steubenville" dated 20 July 2007.
His Excellency Bishop Conlon … Continue reading
There is a revelatoryop-ed piece about the older form of Mass in Hell’s Bible, today. It concerns my good friend Fr. Philips at St. John Cantius Church in Chicago.
My emphases and comments.
Editorial ObserverThe Pope Reopens a Portal … Continue reading
In an ADNKRONOS story, we read:
The Pope: Could celebrate the Mass of St. Pius V in public
Signs point to the First Sunday of Advent – The Director of "Latinitas", at last we will have a common prayer of praise to … Continue reading