You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- LisaP. said Micah Mattix’s Prufrock just linked to a Bar...
- APX said You might, for example, hear that the Trinity is l...
- Mike said “Pope Benedict definitely did not think so –...
- Nancy D. said Although at the end of the Day, The Blessed Trinit...
- Patti Day said Father, Will you let us know how you like the new...
- Therese said “The woman next to me was so bizarre, so irr...
- kneeler said Latin rite / Novus Ordo priests … you CAN ce...
- PostCatholic said I met that lady on her outbound journey last week....
- southIndia said At the drop of a hat I can make a video comparing...
- Granny said MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!
- StJude said Yep.. still funny.
- MaximusXVI said Fr. Z, where are you headed now?
- maryh said First of all, I also like the Catholic concept of...
- Bruce said When I was younger I helped sail a few boats in Ha...
- JonPatrick said Supertradmum, you said what I was trying to say, o...
- Katylamb said Father, I understand about the Eastern Catholics a...
- boxerpaws1952 said rock concert or Mass?
- Tom in NY said Quaeritur: Why would the author not have used mitt...
- patrick.lynch said “Their hatred and condescension is sufficien...
- patrick.lynch said “I have no problem with this – as long as yo...
- Cincinnati Priest said janeway529: Thanks for posting the L.A. Religious...
- PatB said Carrying an umbrella means you are walking around...
- PatB said I hear plenty of mispronounced Latin from the alta...
- Supertradmum said I love sailing, but have not done so for years. Th...
- Supertradmum said The lack of objectivity in argumentation on this p...
- wmeyer said My own very limited experience with sailing began...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: Yes, indeed. Though I am by no stretch...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It pleases the gentleman to be jocular!
- acardnal said Have you ever sailed a boat yourself or been saili...
- Jeannie_C said OrthodoxChick it isn’t only the TLM devotees...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 12 October 2007
WDTPRS’s great friend and colleague The Hermeneutic of Continuity, champion of truth and classy erudition, has an interesting post on resources for the older form of Mass.
Go check it out. And tell him Fr. Z sent you!
I got an e-mail today with an earnest request:
Can you kind people help this person?
Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf, I know that you must receive many emails every day, so I shall try to keep mine brief and to the … Continue reading
It is a long tradition in the Roman academic institutions to have a meeting at the beginning of the academic year between the faculty and the head of the institution.
In the case of the "Pope’s University" as it is … Continue reading
Hmmm… questions are posed to the Commission, but norms are issued before the response is received … hmmm
I am scratching my head about something.
Let’s get the sequence of events clear in our minds.
Some days before the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum was promulgated on 7 July 2007, a preliminary text was sent through the nuncios to the conferences … Continue reading
Msgr. Perl of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei”: we are drafting an instruction on the interpretation of Summorum Pontificum
There is an interesting piece on Petrus.
My translation and emphases.
Mass in Latin, a "Petrus" exclusice – Msgr. Perl of the [Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei" speaks up: "Too many disobedient bishops and priests, a clarification on the Pope’s Motu Proprio … Continue reading
A kind reader sent me this fascinating excerpt from a talk given by His Excellency Most Rev. Malcolm Ranjith, Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments.
the talk was entitled “Faith, Obedience and Theology” and … Continue reading
WDTPRS’s favorite critic of the Holy See’s liturgical translation norms, His Excellency Most Reverend Donald W. Trautman, the outgoing Chair of the USCCB’s liturgy office has determined it best to issue his own norms for the use of the 1962 … Continue reading