You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Ted said “Without the RAM, the operating system shoul...
- yatzer said “brothers and sisters who through their work...
- mattg said Father, A few thoughts on your computer trouble:...
- LarryW2LJ said That meme that was linked to asked what the differ...
- JabbaPapa said Without the RAM, the operating system should not f...
- billy said Father I’m glad you admitted you were wrong...
- Peter in Canberra said the photoshopped umbrella raising is funny. it is...
- Konstantin said Thank you Father, I feel learned now ;-) A blessed...
- Christopher said Jabba: This can be caused by a variety of differen...
- Christopher said Also Father, as others have stated, do not go beyo...
- Christopher said Father, Can you access the BIOS (either F2, F8, or...
- VexillaRegis said Even the Queen of England carries her umbrellas he...
- Bea said My First thought was the Arrogance of this man. to...
- JabbaPapa said I am trying to revive the old “mothership”. I thin...
- Dave N. said On some past presidents and their umbrellas: held...
- JKnott said Obama was soaked before it started to drizzle R...
- LiteratureAddict said At Christendom College, we are blessed to have 13...
- Maltese said That last picture is priceless, and had me LMAO!...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said If this were a Republican, this would be a non-sta...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I find the gesture disturbing not for all of the r...
- PostCatholic said Thanks be to the gods for their waterfall. (I jest...
- Catholic Tech Geek said I would recommend that you download an iso image o...
- Will D. said If it’s getting to the operating system̵...
- Kathleen10 said Bellisimo Fr. Z! (may have spelled that wrong) A...
- BLB Oregon said As for Mr. Obama, he should have asked the Marine...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z. I can’t help you unless you speak Eng
- Bos Mutissimus said 1) Concur that BHO has less respect in general fo...
- BLB Oregon said Who is supposed to attend to this? It would be a d...
- PostCatholic said This has been an interesting thread. I wonder how,...
- Andrew Saucci said The architectural limit on 32-bit operating system...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: October 2007
Okay… not every one at once.
1) What is it in very general terms?
2) What is it used for?
3) How does it differ from other online tools?
4) Do you use it and for what?
I have always been interested in the plight, and victories, of Anglicans/Episcopalians who "swim the Tiber". The late Msgr. Richard Schuler, of St. Agnes Church in St. Paul, MN, was instrumental in helping the first Anglican priests come over to … Continue reading
Thanks to Sacramentum vitae (the blog, not the Eucharist) I have this to share from Professor Tony Esolen at Mere Comments posts the following satire from a reader.
How many times have some of us heard from the spittle-flecked lips of … Continue reading
Here is some spectacular news from the Arkansas Catholic.
My emphases and comments.
Arkansas priests get overview on Latin Mass
Seminary professor leads three-day program on ‘motu proprio’
Published: October 27, 2007Malea Hargett
By Malea HargettEditor
Fifty-seven priests and two deacons attended clergy continuing education Oct. … Continue reading
Welcome to another installment of What Does the Prayer Really Sound Like?
In this audio project I will simply read, and this week sing, the Latin prayers for the upcoming Sunday or feast from the 1962 Missale Romanum.
… Continue reading
Damien Thompson of Telegraph.co.uk has a very interesting piece about how the older form of Mass is getting traction in the Diocese of Clifton, in England. A good point is made: "By allowing the Pope’s wishes to be implemented naturally, … Continue reading
I am bumping this back to the top.
I was just watching some news coverage of the fires burning in California.
A woman interviewed, said they were given 5 minutes warning before being evacuated.
She said: "I have no more … Continue reading
Folks, I got this question by e-mail (one of the nearly 400 today alone). I don’t have the energy to respond.
Help this guy out (if you know how).
I am an admirer and loyal reader of your blog. You provide a … Continue reading
Good news over at Musica Sacra.
Success at the Celebrant WorkshopBy CMAA on October 23, 2007 at 1:58 pm
The celebrant workshop (Missa in Cantu) went spectacularly well. A total of forty priests and seminarians attended. They participated in daily sung liturgy … Continue reading
Fr. Stephanos, of Me Monk Me Meander says prayers are needed for their monastery, Prince of Peace Abbey, in Oceanside, CA, not far from where the California fires are burning wildly:
We are in San Diego County. We are safe for … Continue reading