Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- kevinm said I offered prayers for all of the intentions above...
- Alaina said I just read an article this morning about how The...
- techno_aesthete said Mojoron, the Mass in the Extraordinary Form can on...
- Moral_Hazard said Please pray for my wife and my infertility struggl...
- benedetta said It’s a great idea though is it not — l...
- JonPatrick said Please pray for my son N who found out last week h...
- Gaz said Neophytes find the cross unusual and confronting....
- Eugene said I have prayed for all above plus Father Z’s...
- haskovez said My wife and I were married in Guadalajara, Mexico...
- Norah said On CathNews – a service of Church Resources is app...
- Gregorius said Though I’ve in the past been against intinct...
- MouseTemplar said OK. Going to log some extra time that day in adora...
- Giuseppe said @acardnal – One would hope that an unmarrie...
- Fr. W said When a group of seminarians were visiting Rome, we...
- Mojoron said One of my pet peeves is the pressure that the Lati...
- acardnal said “I am genuinely puzzled that there is any c...
- frjim4321 said So if Rome is the model for liturgy, does that mea...
- RomeontheRange said Historical note: We have a long tradition of civil...
- lmo1968 said I used to work for a priest who sought out couples...
- Mike said Let’s not forget to offer up one anotherR...
- Matt R said Communion under two kinds really ought to be limit...
- Matt R said The Litany to Our Lady of Sorrows is beautiful, an...
- Rachel said I just visited the cathedral of Santa Rosa on a tr...
- benedetta said This is exactly right from jhayes above “The churc...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Ongoing prayers, please, to the Infant Jesus.
- John V said I recall being instructed that only bishops and pr...
- Gretchen said Did a short Google search and the number 88 is pur...
- Mary Jane said kat, I have been thinking the same thing as well....
- ecb said I attended Mass a couple of years ago at a downtow...
- acardnal said marcelus wrote, “No traditional orders have...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- CHART: Correspondence of lectionaries, Ordinary and Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: November 2007
I got this e-mail about the situation of the TLM in Steubenville.
I wanted to share some good news here in the diocese of Steubenville. Yesterday, St. Peter’s Church offered the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on its magnificent … Continue reading
The Jesuit ultra-leftist weekly America Magazine has two items right now on Pope Benedict’s provisions in Summorum Pontificum.
Here are a couple pieces, the first dreadful, and the second… well… I’ll let you discover that for yourself.
From their latest number … Continue reading
Welcome to another installment of What Does the Prayer Really Sound Like?
Today we will hear the prayers for the 1st Sunday of Advent in the 1962 Missale Romanum. I speak all the prayers and readings … Continue reading
Here is a snapshot of the last few minutes.
My blog stats can tell where people are (more of less) when they come to visit. I understand that 85% of the time the stats will show where people are within about … Continue reading
I got a wonderful e-mail:
Dear Fr. Z,
Thanks for the thread regarding Wither the Novus Ordo in Latin? I think it’s the best thread this blog has ever seen. It is one that makes your blog/journal by far, the most balanced … Continue reading
This question is directed at those who attend Mass usually with the Novus Ordo, in any language.
Time and again I hear that people very rarely, if ever, hear the Roman Canon, Eucharistic Prayer I, in their parishes.
If you attend the … Continue reading
There is an interesting article in The Catholic Herald which merits attention. The topic: the revival of traditional Catholicism in France.
This article is interesting especially because it juxtaposes the tired old cliches of the agin-hippies with a more optimistic Catholic … Continue reading
The Curt Jester offers a chance to reflect:
In L’Osservatore Romano today we read a description of the recent papal ceremonies for the consistory. The one explaining them is the Master of Pontifical Ceremonies Mons. Guido Marini.
My translation and emphasis.
Monsignor Guido Marini explains the ceremonyIn tradition under … Continue reading