When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- boxerpaws1952 said you can do it Father!! i took my general and passe...
- boxerpaws1952 said the article calls the display of faith ‘harr...
- rben said I definitely make use of the Extra privileges. If...
- LarryW2LJ said Father Z, I would suspect that one of the local 2...
- Max said I’m glad to hear you’re doing the Ham...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the Wisconsin State Journal article quoting F...
- Allan S. said Reconverted Idiot = Strawman Slayer. Most concise...
- The Masked Chicken said Whenever we get the Catholic game group up and run...
- The Masked Chicken said This math is best done on a slide rule :) but if y...
- The Cobbler said Now all we need is a science fiction novel where t...
- jflare said I quite enjoy seeing the crowd reaction and hearin...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- T -166: The Eternal Struggle | The Deus Ex Machina Blog said […] through Fr. Z’s blog, (see here) I...
- Reconverted Idiot said Fr Jim, would you insist especially that they deco...
- jflare said “What if I had been a neo Nazi with a swasti...
- jflare said From reading the article, I find I must either cry...
- robtbrown said Father Jim 4321, When I lived in Kansas City 30 ye...
- juergensen said Benedict knew who the wolves were; and now we do t...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Father Jim, Would you willingly spend money at an...
- Scott W. said So if I walked into my favorite cigar store on the...
- MWindsor said Hi Father Z, I got my Extra ticket last summer. Tr...
- frjim4321 said So if I walked into my favorite cigar store on the...
- Tantum Ergo said “Catholics were born for combat” (Pope...
- exNOAAman said Sword40…the way to remember the general call...
- Viaticum said Father, your frequent reminders have a been a grea...
- mysticalrose said Well, it certainly feels like the wolves won . . .
- mysticalrose said Thanks for taking one for the team, Father.
- jameeka said Thank you, Father Z. This is a little gem of a WDT...
- Sonshine135 said Father Z, Vaya Lio!
- drohan said I am straying just a bit off topic here but bear w...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday of Easter (2002MR) – Our humility and the might of the Shepherd
- Heads up! Reactions to my post about destruction of Christian businesses still rolling in.
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: December 2007
A liturgical “octave” is an eight day period following and including the feast. In a way, the Church suspends time so that we can “rest” within the mystery we have celebrated while contemplating it from different angles.
Perhaps you have … Continue reading
Andrea Tornielli on his blog for il Giornale has a glimpse of an interview with the Cardinal Secretary of State, H.E. Tarcisio Bertone, to be published soon in the weekly La Famiglia Cristiana. Card. Bertone mentions the instruction on Summorum … Continue reading
I picked this up from the blog of my friend Fr. Raymond Blake (whom I hope to see, perhaps in February). I think it is worth some attention in the Catholic blogosphere.
I thought you might be interested to know … Continue reading
At St. Agnes in St. Paul there is always a very fine presepio, or creche, or nativity scene. Here are a couple images.
And here is one of those details which you just can’t plan:
The sanctuary is nice this … Continue reading
Yes, folks, it is possible to renovate without wreckovating. It is also possible to unwreckovate. Much can be accomplished with the combination of intelligence, good will, and lots and lots of money.
The Institute of Christ the King, always good at … Continue reading
There was a rumor going around that Pope Benedict was contemplating or working on a document about exocists. According to law, dioceses must have an appointed exorcist. I suspect many dioceses don’t.
There is a news item today from apcom. My … Continue reading
The ultra-leftist National Catholic Reporter has another predictably whiny editorial against the Holy Father’s vision for the Church and his moves to reform the liturgy.
My emphases and comments.
Issue Date: December 28, 2007
Liturgy reform: No going back
When the definitive history of … Continue reading
From the site Palazzo Apostolico we find this bit. Keep in mind this is consistent with the usual back halls murmuring anytime the main chairs of dicasteries come into play. The following is typical of Roman curial speculation. My translation:
Benedict … Continue reading
Over at the anecdotal place there is a great entry with a post-Christmas debriefing by W.H. Auden, which I share here.
This is a wonderful way to sharpen your sense of the Octave of Christmas, which we are still celebrating.
W.H. Auden … Continue reading
From the Regular Guy we find this:
USCCB President To Participate In Latin Mass
His Eminence Francis Cardinal George, Archbishop of Chicago, President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, will assist in a celebration of the Traditional Latin Mass (TLM):
… Continue reading