- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- MuchLikeMartha said Lord have mercy; seriously. It looks like a urina...
- Bosco said @Father Z., I know what you’re sayin’,...
- Jerry said re: EoinOBolguidhir – “But divorce and...
- Ignatius said A synthesis of the article: “Be very afraid!...
- mburduck said Oh my! it looks like something that might be in ...
- romancrusader said Adam Shaw is no better than Pat Buchannan (spellin...
- Andrew said Cicero comes to mind (pro domo sua, 43): Vetant le...
- dans0622 said It’s a Call to Action puppet made of stone....
- Konichiwa said I’ve declined twice at my parish to bring up...
- ClavesCoelorum said God save Germany. This sort of thing is (I feel) o...
- Elizium23 said Interesting observation about Knights of Columbus...
- Marc M said I feel the same way about the sculpture “The...
- Hans said Ah, I see it now! And I thought it was Jesus suf...
- wcampbell78 said Here’s what I found with an image search on...
- Doc Angelicus said wcampbell78, thanks for saying that – those...
- Doc Angelicus said “When therefore you shall see the abominatio...
- EoinOBolguidhir said …should read “their confusion of cenob...
- wcampbell78 said My first impression (from the distance shot) was a...
- Cathy said Every year there is a clarion call for EMHC’...
- anilwang said Perhaps Eastern Catholics/Orthodox has a solution...
- Supertradmum said oops should have written “a blasphemer̶...
- Austin Catholics said On any given Sunday, how many divorced and remarri...
- Supertradmum said God is Beauty. God is not ugliness. Sin brought ug...
- tcreek said Shouldn’t this be a concern? In 2005 Joseph...
- Margaret said Why has this clear-cut issue become so muddied rec...
- Bosco said “Setting aside some rare fact patterns that...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z aptly observes, “This should go on a b...
- EoinOBolguidhir said Consider that this might be an overture to the sep...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] Carol Glatz, CH Pope: The ‘eed of Eternity H...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] – E. Pentin Pp. Francis: A Church With...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 3 January 2008
From the brilliant Jester:
This news came out earlier this week, but I have been working with my contacts to try to get more information. In a world exclusive I have gotten hold of the new document which is being released … Continue reading
I tip my biretta to MG who alerted me to the differences in the wonderful John XXIII cope used by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI for the 1st Vespers ceremony the other day.
Here is the cope as worn by … Continue reading
Check this out at the site of Vatican Radio
(03 Jan 08 -RV) Emer McCarthy reports on Vatican Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone’s statements to a prominent Italian periodical [Famiglia Cristiana] regarding an Instruction that will clarify certain questions that have … Continue reading
The AP has an item today about the older form of Mass and the reception of Summorum Pontificum.
My emphases and comments.
Posted on Thu, Jan. 03, 2008 Vatican clarifying Latin Mass rules By NICOLE WINFIELD Associated Press Writer
The … Continue reading
Let’s have a look at what is going on in the Diocese of Davenport, Iowa, about Summorum Pontificum.
In what follows there is the cover note in the e-mail I received [edited] and then a letter of Bp. Amos to the … Continue reading
This is from Space Weather:
METEOR SHOWER: Earth is about to pass through a stream of dusty debris from near-Earth asteroid 2003 EH1, producing the annual Quadrantid meteor shower. Forecasters expect a brief but intense peak of 50+ meteors per hour … Continue reading
You know about the controversy at St. Thomas University, in St. Paul, which effectively gave the heave-ho to the local Archbishop as an ex officio member of the board. There are other reasons to be concerned about the Catholic identity … Continue reading
Via Bettnet we learn the following from the Tolkien Society:
On the 3rd January 1892 JRR Tolkien was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa. To celebrate this event, on this day each year Tolkien fans … Continue reading
The Recovering Choir Director has some news. Let those in the area of Cornell pay attention.
Iosephus at the Cornell Society reports that on the Octave of Christmas, an Extraordinary Form Low Mass was celebrated at St. James in Trumansburg, some … Continue reading
Yes, everyone, there is good news from TT.
“But Father! But Father!”, you may be asking me. “Who is TT?”
Perpend, dear reader. It’s a “where” not a “who”.
My emphasesand comments.
Tridentine Mass returns to TT
Thursday, January 3 2008
MEMBERS of this country’s Roman … Continue reading