Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Nan: Chesterton Academy will soon visit the Byzantine Church of St John.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: One could also argue for John Paul II or Ronald Reagan.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Quod Deus avveruncet !
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Your Good News
- Hitchens: We were told not to worry.
- Card. Burke speaks up
- #OafForADay – Deacon in vestments and a dog mask
- We Are Our Rites! Wherein Fr. Z rants after reading Peter Kwasniewski
- Rutler writes about “men with chests”. The “impossible dream”?
- The Pope wants to hear from you. No. Really. He wants the “sensus fidelium”.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 14 January 2008
I was alerted to this press communication from Diocese of Nashville.
My emphases and comments.
January 11, 2008
Tridentine rite returns to Nashville Diocese
Andy Telli, Tennessee Register
SPARTA. Women with black lace veils dripping [Nice.] loosely from their head knelt quietly and read … Continue reading
His Eminence Francis Card. Arinze, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments, address a liturgical conference in St. Louis in November. His talk has been published on ZENIT in three parts.
Cardinal Arinze on Language in … Continue reading
Damien, over at The Telegraph, has used Munch’s famous The Scream for his look at the reaction to the Holy Father celebrating ad orientem.
Do any of you WDTPRSer long-timers remember this from the time before Summorum Pontificum?
I believe I put … Continue reading
On my return to The Sabine Farm I found a very nice gift from PF in the UK, the book Ad Infinitum: a biography of Latin by Nicholas Ostler. Thanks!
Also, I received an incredible linen alb from a long-time reader … Continue reading
I think you readers can help flesh out a discussion of this interesting topic.
Can a layman substitute for a "subdeacon" at celebrations of the TLM and also in the Novus Ordo.
Keep in mind that Paul VI’s Ministeria quaedam says that … Continue reading
Here is a piece from the News Record about the application of Summorum Pontificum in Greensboro, North Carolina.
My emphases and comments.
Latin Mass fills pewsBy Nancy McLaughlinStaff WriterMonday, Jan. 14, 2008 3:00 am
GREENSBORO — The pews quickly filled at Our … Continue reading
This is in from the Tulsa World. The great monastery of Fontgombault in France, near Tours, has a foundation in the USA. This is an article about that foundation.
A vision appearing
by: BILL SHERMAN World Religion Writer
Monks in Oklahoma are … Continue reading