You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- The Masked Chicken said “In other words, if you doubt the origins of...
- APX said lampada says: I am seriously considering being an...
- jenne said I also realized how out of physical shape I am in...
- Wade said I would also not hesitate to donate via Catholic C...
- guatadopt said My 7 year old had his first confession in late Feb...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said One group I like to donate to is Team Rubicon.
- Springkeeper said I will say this as a woman who is also a retired M...
- av8er said Stayed in Moore last year while in OKC for trainin...
- NickD said Serving only with other men makes it like a brothe...
- jenniphd said Several years ago my family attended the Bar mitzv...
- Priam1184 said So Father, essentially what you are saying is don&...
- aviva meriam said For all those affected by the tornadoes, that the...
- CatholicMD said St Andrew’s is the local parish in Moore. Th...
- chantgirl said Does anyone know if there is a local Catholic Chur...
- LarryW2LJ said You know back in the Olden Days, when things like...
- PA mom said Re tornados. I find Protestants to be very inspir...
- LarryW2LJ said If I may. In addition to the fine spiritual advic...
- StJude said I notice the same thing… although not weird...
- Anne M. said Phil_NL says: Also since there nowadays is a gap...
- DisturbedMary said Looks like Drudge might be reading Fr. Z…...
- Konstantin said “Fathers, this could be your parish. You wi...
- Phil_NL said I think we should be careful in keeping in mind th...
- Anne M. said In our small OF parish of 430 families we have onl...
- CatholicMD said This is my home state. The same outpouring of fait...
- Bosco said I lived three miles from Three Mile Island near Mi...
- Robbie said As I wrote previously in this comment section, I d...
- acardnal said I noticed the same thing, Fr. Z. The state and lo...
- lampada said The argument running in this thread appears to be...
- maryh said @Austin Catholics says: I never said excluding gir...
- Skeinster said We added a procession to our annual May Crowning t...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 29 January 2008
Tracing back various links on different blogs, I found that someone enterprising at godrox provided this very funny video.
This is sometimes how I feel here when there are lots of comments for a hotter entry!
Our liturgical seasons have inspired beautiful musical compositions.
What are your favorite hymns and musical pieces for LENT?
My practical purpose in asking is that I am working on a Seven Last Words. My thought is that it would be good to … Continue reading
Use of the 1962 Missale Romanum has been growing since Summorum Pontificum went into effect. And growing steadily.
Here is some good news from Denmark:
Dear Father Z I have great news from the cold north of Scandinavia. The Saint Charles … Continue reading
This just in.
Last year you readers were pretty good to WDTPRS. How about this year?
Nominations for the 2008 Catholic Blog Awards Begin
ABBEVILLE, LA (JANUARY 24, 2008) – cyberCatholics.com is proud to announce that nominations for the 2008 Catholic … Continue reading
The kind folks at Baronius Press sent me a few of their publications: the small blue volume of the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, a Bible with the Douay-Reims version, and their highly touted daily hand missal for … Continue reading
Some of you might recall that I recently had an all too brief trip to Kanasas City, MO, to visit friends, see the sites, and attend a banquet to raise funds for seminarians.
Here are a few images of the trip.
First, … Continue reading
I got this nice note by e-mail:
Dear and Reverend Father-
I am the Parochial Vicar at St. Mary’s parish in Kalamazoo, Michigan. My pastor, Fr. Robert Sirico, suggested that I send you the following information about our parish:
St. Mary’s will be … Continue reading
Under the entry about the overly restrictive guidelines for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, some people have been pretty hard, unreasonably so, on Cardinal Rigali.
Some balance is needed, in fairness.
Let’s have a look at the sermon Cardinal Rigali gave … Continue reading