- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- ASPM Sem said To all worried about the security of such a comput...
- capchoirgirl said Darren: Well, you can’t pass paper in my chu...
- e.e. said This discussion of written confessions brings to m...
- Darren said Re: StephenMatthew: “Dry erase or chalk boar...
- Vecchio di Londra said Katylamb – I agree that the Holy Father cou...
- capchoirgirl said Ah, an excellent idea! I like this very much. My p...
- incredulous said I don’t like the idea of putting the NSA ins...
- jaykay said I also have hearing problems, such that like Mamaj...
- Katylamb said Pope Francis has publicly urged people on more tha...
- Jim of Bowie said Listening daily. A wonderful way to start the day....
- Facta Non Verba said Very good. Thanks Father.
- ocds said Isn’t the kindle paperwhite great? I love m
- bmadamsberry said It could also be used to translate for a priest wh...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! Phil, the title is Dogma und Verkü...
- Hank Igitur said Let us pray for the Pope, for Volpi and for the th...
- guans said …drawing new breath, the breath of God’...
- MikeM said It wouldn’t be connected to a network that g...
- Stephen Matthew said A small size dry erase board would seem to be much...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you as well for so conveniently linking your...
- Bthompson said AMTFisher: Yes, translators, interpreters, etc are...
- Fr. Hamilton said AMTFisher My understanding is that in cases of tru...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I gladly echo FXR2! Please forgive my not ‘c...
- RuariJM said rayfrommn – Be very cautious indeed about re...
- Venerator Sti Lot said M.K., I will have to rewatch it carefully. My memo...
- Vecchio di Londra said Lady M, You may be right. We really cannot know wi...
- FXR2 said Father Z, Please know that I have been l...
- Mr. Green said Imrahil: I don’t think anybody should be reproache...
- Gretchen said Imrahil, thank you. That is exactly what I meant....
- AMTFisher said Would a translator (a human being) be allowed to b...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday?
- ADVENTCAzT 15: 3rd Sunday of Advent – True love calls sin “sin”.
- Pope Francis: Women must not be clericalized!
- Fr. Z on Fr. Hunwicke on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.
- Of Nativity Scenes and Vatican Budget Cuts
- Christmas and decreasing the surplus population
- ADVENTCAzT 14: 2nd Saturday of Advent – “illness and suffering, just like great delight”
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 7 February 2008
Since I started keeping track of stats on 5 January 2006, we just hit visit number 2 million.
Thanks everyone for helping make this blog a success!
And thanks to #2,000,000 … I don’t know who you are, … Continue reading
More proof, with the help of Fr. Blake, of why we really needed Summorum Pontificum, especially in France, especially in the cathedral of Lille.
Does that chalice look sort of like a part broken off of a 1960′s lamp?
The "altar" cover … Continue reading
The USCCB has released a statement about Pope Benedict’s new prayer for the 1962 Missale Romanum Good Friday Prayer for the Jews.
Shall we have a look with my emphases and comments?
Response To The Publication Of Pope Benedict XVI’s Revision Of … Continue reading
From the student newspaper of Georgetown University The Hoya.
In response to student requests for the Tridentine Mass, a traditional Catholic Mass said in Latin, the Office of Campus Ministry has agreed to regularize its twice-weekly observance in Copley Crypt.
According … Continue reading
There is a piece on Religion News Service about the new Good Friday prayer for the Jews to be used in celebration of the Triduum with the 1962 Missale Romanum. Your humble correspondent is quoted.
My emphases and comments.
Critics unsatisfied after … Continue reading
Every once in a while I find a very creative posting in the blogosphere which uses outdoor church signs of different denominations to explain Catholic positions. Very clever, I must say.
I have ported this entry over here from Kansas … Continue reading