Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Gaetano said I am always amazed that Nazareth has one well, and...
- Eugene said Spectacular! …..and then this thought came t...
- Gerard Plourde said I agree that the “quest for the historical J...
- frjim4321 said I’m sure when they start jack hammering that...
- Theodore said Soft Target is a timely read given the latest thre...
- Latin Mass Type said Re frjim4321’s off topic comment on the live...
- Mike said Thank you, Father. Always five minutes well invest...
- benedetta said In other words, a Bishop who is unafraid to be ope...
- benedetta said The corollary to the fact of discerners and semina...
- Sonshine135 said Just looking at the development, it has no place i...
- The Masked Chicken said I know, my mere sight in a philosophy or theology...
- The Masked Chicken said “How exactly did we get from radioconciliati...
- Venerator Sti Lot said One gets the impression that there are many in Wis...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Details about Mr. Walker’s church membership...
- Mariana2 said Thanks Father! No small boost every day!
- andia said Fr David Balmer denies that he is the priest invol...
- clarinetist04 said That’s a great story. I used to do a lot of...
- Chrissin said At ‘New Advent’ -right? There was no...
- liebemama said Thank you, Father.
- Rachel said That’s an awesome story, Stu. Whenever I go...
- ghp95134 said My grandfather occupied one of the top rooms in th...
- ghp95134 said Y’all do know there is an English analogue t...
- Michael_Thoma said I see and hear confession daily — guests tel...
- Priam1184 said Oh France! Why did you throw it all away to becom...
- Bea said “Gernetzke is one of 33 men studying to be p...
- CharlesG said I visited MSM last year and like Yzerman immediate...
- Confession via phone or text message? | The Catholic Legate said […] Fr. Z gives the lowdown over here. [R...
- yzerman123 said Can you say “Minas Tirith”?
- Christophorus said @PriestDavid links to Fr. David Balmer of the Dioc...
- The Cobbler said How exactly did we get from radioconciliation to Q...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 13 February 2008
Instruction on Saints’ Causes Due Out MondayVATICAN CITY, FEB. 13, 2008 (Zenit.org).- "Sanctorum Mater," concerning norms regulating the opening of saints’ causes, will be presented Monday, the Vatican announced today.
The document, from the Congregation for Saints’ Causes, will be presented … Continue reading
Sister Lucia’s Beatification Process to BeginPope Waves 5-Year Waiting Period
VATICAN CITY, FEB. 13, 2008 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI announced he will dispense with the five-year waiting period established by Canon Law to open the cause of beatification of Sister Lucia, one … Continue reading
There is an interesting article in the Springfield, MO, News Leader about the older form of Mass. Here it is with my emphases and comments.
Published February 11, 2008
Catholics celebrate revival of Latin Mass
Traditional Latin Mass will be performed … Continue reading
Subsequent to the explosive entry about the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei confirming to me that the so-called Second Confiteor is not permitting in celebrations of Mass with the 1962 Missale Romanum, I have gotten some interesting e-mail.
I closed the comments … Continue reading
I got this news via e-mail from JM of WV. My emphases and comments.
I wanted to make you aware that good progress is being made in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.
I wrote you a few months … Continue reading
I am supposed to speak to a group in Oxford on Friday. Here is the blurb for the event which the organizer sent to me:
Recognising the recent upsurge in blogs and blog readers in the world, a special Colloquium has … Continue reading
I got this by e-mail:
I got your blogsite from members at MusicaSacra, and they suggested I contact you. I had not known of your page, but enjoyed perusing it this morning.
At Saint Peter Chanel in Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA, … Continue reading
Over at the Cornell Society there is an interesting post about having your own hand missal, which you can use when participating at celebrations of Holy Mass. I think people should have a hand missal for either the older or … Continue reading
CELEBRATIONS TO BE PRESIDED BY THE POPE: FEBRUARY-APRIL
VATICAN CITY, 9 FEB 2008 (VIS) – Below is the calendar of liturgical celebrations due to be presided over by the Holy Father between the months of February and April.
– Sunday 24. Third … Continue reading