CELEBRATIONS TO BE PRESIDED BY THE POPE: FEBRUARY-APRIL
VATICAN CITY, 9 FEB 2008 (VIS) – Below is the calendar of liturgical celebrations due to be presided over by the Holy Father between the months of February and April.
- Sunday 24. Third Sunday of Lent. Pastoral visit to the Roman parish of Santa Maria Liberatrice a Monte Testaccio. At 9 a.m., celebration of the Eucharist.
- Saturday 1. At 11 a.m. in the Consistory Hall of the Vatican Apostolic Palace, consistory for certain causes of canonisation.
- Sunday 9. Fifth Sunday of Lent. Pastoral visit to the International Youth Centre and the church of San Lorenzo in Piscibus. At 10 a.m., celebration of the Eucharist.
- Thursday 13. At 5 p.m. in the Vatican Basilica, penitential celebration with young people from the diocese of Rome.
- Sunday 16. Palm Sunday and the Passion of the Lord. At 9.30 a.m. in St. Peter’s Square, blessing of palms, procession and Mass.
- Thursday 20. Holy Thursday. In the Vatican Basilica at 9.30 a.m., Chrism Mass. In the Basilica of St. John Lateran at 5.30 p.m., the beginning of the Easter Triduum with the Mass of the Last Supper.
- Friday 21. Good Friday. In the Vatican Basilica at 5 p.m., celebration of the Lord’s Passion. Way of the Cross at the Colosseum at 9.15 p.m.
- Saturday 22. Holy Saturday. Easter vigil at 9 p.m. in the Vatican Basilica.
- Sunday 23. Easter Sunday. Mass in St. Peter’s Square at 10.30 a.m. At midday, from the central loggia of St. Peter’s Basilica, "Urbi et Orbi" blessing.
- Wednesday 2. In St. Peter’s Square at 10 a.m., Mass for Pope John Paul II.
- Tuesday 15 to Monday 21. Apostolic trip to the U.S.A.
- Sunday 27. At 9 a.m. in the Vatican Basilica, priestly ordination of deacons from the diocese of Rome.