- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Lisa Graas said I think I should offer my two cents as one who obt...
- msokeefe said Married permanent Deacons violate Canon 277. ht...
- McCall1981 said Are they talking about actually giving communion t...
- UncleBlobb said I am listening Father Z.! Thank you very much. I a...
- Geoffrey said I think a serious renewal of the instituted minist...
- Bryan D. Boyle said @kellym: just finished watching that TG episode la...
- ray from mn said If “divorce and remarriage” are to be...
- Reliquary said I just hit “play.” Wonderful — t
- mburduck said And I will pay for the ammo and the range fees, to...
- Uxixu said Listened through the plugin on the post.
- Andrew Saucci said Well, if the lay people don’t need rubrics,...
- Netmilsmom said Father, you haven’t given us an option for &...
- HyacinthClare said I’m with you, Legisperitus. Not a clue what...
- Dan said Huh. I would have read that statement from Msgr....
- JeffK said That’s the optimistic scenario. Here’s...
- Obumbrabit said I listened through the plug in on the post.
- StJude said For my son.. he seems lost lately. For a personal...
- Sword40 said Got it!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless
- Sword40 said Sorry, Fr. Z. So far it’s a fail. Won’...
- A Critique of Evangelii Gaudium | Catholibertarian said [...] on economics. I am reposting part of Napoli...
- benedetta said Yummy! I make at least one soup variety, and doub...
- discipulus said For an opportunity to go to Confession soon, and t...
- Kathleen10 said Thanks Fr. Z. I sent it, even though we live in t...
- RafqasRoad said Firstly, I give thanks to god that our move to th...
- Luvadoxi said Ch..ch…ch….chia! Bwaaaahhhaa! I do li...
- Luvadoxi said I have to say I love all the Budweiser commercials...
- Luvadoxi said Worst commercial ever: the original T-mobile musi...
- Priam1184 said Bought a calendar and am thinking of paying them a...
- acardnal said Folks, you haven’t seen me on the blog for a...
- ghladum said Worst part about the Act so far is that my dad (63...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Communion for divorced/remarriage. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 4 March 2008
This just in:
Sophia is 6lbs 15oz 19 inches. More info soon. See pic to right in sidebar. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
WDTPRS congratulations to Dominc and Melanie.
Tonight I am in election coverage bliss.
I was watching the Fox News Channel coverage (whom I worked for during "Papal April") on the computer via my SlingBox (from the other room) and the live internet Fox News feed from … Continue reading
Once upon a time, I used to be good at making sauces from scratch. You know the stuff… Hollandaise… Poivre vert… etc. ( I worked as a cook to pay for grad school.)
Since my last two trips to the … Continue reading
You might recall that I posted a letter sent by the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei (PCED) to a questioner asking about the rights of seminarians to be trained in the use of the 1962 Missale Romanum as well as, presumably, … Continue reading
Welcome to another installment of What Does the Prayer Really Sound Like?
Today we will hear the prayers for the 1st Passion Sunday in the 1962 Missale Romanum. … Continue reading
A while back I posted a PODCAzT concerning the widespread grave problem of distribution of Holy Communion in the hand.
I got an interesting e-mail from a sometime poster here on WDTPRS, Brian Mershon, who had comments for me.
Here is the … Continue reading
His Eminence Dario Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos, President of the Ecclesia Dei Commission, will confer the Priestly ordinations of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter the 30th of May in the year of Our Lord 2008 in Lincoln, Nebraska at the … Continue reading
Since the changing of the Marini’s took place, Mons. Guido and His Holiness have been rattling the keys of those old long-locked storage rooms.
Thanks to Shouts in the Piazza I can show you a photo of Pope Benedict at … Continue reading
WDTPRSers… the voting is now open for the 2008 Catholic Blog Awards.
Would you in your kindness give WDTPRS some consideration?
WDTPRS is in most of the categories, toward the bottom of the all the lists, with the title "What does the … Continue reading