Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Lin said Many prayers for all requests and for Father ZR...
- everett said This is unfortunately the problem at a good many p...
- Andkaras said Heartfelt prayers for all of you especially Ellen...
- Charles E Flynn said Bad cooks know, almost instinctively, when to take...
- Imrahil said That said, according to a general principle, it...
- Torpedo1 said Praying for all those above. Please keep my husban...
- Akita said Please pray for my son age 19, who is adopted, is...
- Akita said Remembering all you dear hearts in my prayers. Fo...
- harrythepilgrim said I attend the weekday Masses. For the first time in...
- Mike said In my mind it comes down to the question of what c...
- Tim Ferguson said then there’s the Bugatti Charon, which is ge...
- lmo1968 said Please pray for me that I may get more hours at my...
- PatrickThornton said I may be mistaken but the last official decree (or...
- Hank Igitur said SSPX are not in schism. The excommunications have...
- JBS said “When I worked for the Pontifical Commission...
- Marc M said I just had this debate with someone on facebook. I...
- Marc M said Prayers for all of the above, and everyone reading...
- Henry Belton said I’ve learned that there are divisions within...
- Janol said A bit tangentially…. Though one would think...
- St Donatus said I was Catholic when the Bishops were ordering prie...
- Priam1184 said It has been so long now that I can’t remembe...
- MikeM221 said Please pray for my 18-year old daughter, who is on...
- vandalia said A question for Fr Z and/or Dr. Peters: Canon 1364...
- Liz said Please pray for: Anthony who is dying, for my daug...
- Sandy said Prayers for all of you, Father Z too. So many hea...
- JMody said As I understand it, they are walking a very fine l...
- dans0622 said Cardinal Mueller’s comment is notable. I do...
- JMody said For Jim, diagnosed with multiple myeloma, and Ed,...
- JesusFreak84 said Regardless of what the Vatican’s said, for t...
- Sixupman said “Folks ………. we have far bi...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Father says that rubrics are only suggestions
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- SSPX – Schism or not?
- LENTCAzT 17: Friday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Not exactly Crispy Skin Chicken…
- LENTCAzT 16: Thursday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Veyron’s successor?
- 4 March 1865: Lincoln’s 2nd Inaugural Address
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 11 March 2008
There has been some confusion among people who need to organize celebrations of Holy Mass using the 1962 Missale Romanum about when the Feast of St. Joseph ought to be celebrated this year, since it falls during Holy Week.
I … Continue reading
Welcome to another installment of What Does the Prayer Really Sound Like?
Today we will hear the Passion of St. Matthew, to be sung on Palm Sunday … Continue reading
Pope to hear confessions of Roman youth?
Vatican, Mar. 10, 2008 (CWNews.com) – Pope Benedict XVI will hear the confessions of several young people in St. Peter’s basilica on Good Friday, according to the Italian ANSA news service.
The Vatican has not … Continue reading
This in from Zenit… my emphases and comments.
Jesuits Affirm Obedience to Pope
General Congregation Approves 5 Decrees, Declaration
ROME, MARCH 9, 2008 (Zenit.org).- Obedience to the Pope and the magisterium of the Church is just one of the themes of the five … Continue reading
A reader wants to know where one might obtain a funghellino.
I don’t know why one couldn’t just use a cake or pastry stand.
They seem to be about the same.
I got this question via e-mail. Edited and with my emphases:
We have had the EF for five years now. From the start, the Good Friday service in the old rite has been done very strictly. All Latin, all Gregorian chant … Continue reading
Stuff that is interesting to me.
‘Exceptional’ Roman ruins found at WansfordAN "EXCEPTIONAL" ancient Roman site has been discovered in woodland near Peterborough.
Despite numerous digs and excavations across the region over the past two centuries, the huge site, hidden deep in … Continue reading
This just in… to which WDTPRS reponds, "Duh!"
Vatican, Mar. 10, 2008 (CWNews.com) – Despite the disappointment expressed by some Jewish leaders at the revised text of a Good Friday prayer, Pope Benedict XVI does not plan to make any alterations … Continue reading
From CWN… a look at what the media did about the "news seven sins"
The Forum: Not "new sins" but an old media blind spot
by Phil Lawlerspecial to CWNews.com
Mar. 10, 2008 (CWNews.com) – When he finished his interview with L’Osservatore Romano, … Continue reading
I am sure you recall that the CDF issued a note about the invalidity of baptisms where the sacramental form was changed to a non-Trinitarian version.
This was sparked by what was going on in Brisbane, Australia, where priests were … Continue reading