Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- xgenerationcatholic said Has anybody heard this: “Fr. so and so will...
- ChesterFrank said Would that type of music necessitate being preform...
- Mike said This is why I always cringe when the cantor at nea...
- Kathleen10 said Oh poo, you call that a rant? You must not yet be...
- rodin said Oh what a blessed relief from the PA enhanced shri...
- Kathleen10 said Thank you for mentioning this, Fr. Z. Yes, there...
- Theodore said My son (I’d be willing to bet) went to that...
- Fern said Absolutely everything Father Z says about care of...
- steveesq said Dear Father Zuhlsdorf, Your post on Friday about s...
- onearmsteve said Fr Z, You might like this article from Joseph Pear...
- MrsMacD said I went to public, “Catholic school.”...
- quamquam said Concerning the comments on concelebration, Pius XI...
- mamajen said I tend to have this arrogant/ignorant attitude tha...
- jlduskey said Many years ago, back when college football ended a...
- Traductora said Very upsetting, and even more so for having a poli...
- chantgirl said mamajen- Kudos for finding a safer parish in which...
- defreitas said Years ago, when my brother-in-law was a Ukrainian...
- Sandy said Bravo, Father Z! Your rant covers many bases, goo...
- jacobi said Personally, I blame the priests. Firstly, the Chi...
- Maltese said Father, have you seen the rood screen (in person o...
- Rich Leonardi said Cincinnati Priest: Please turn a version of Fr. Z&...
- Noelle said When my son made First Communion, the class cleane...
- Moro said Supertradmum and others have brought up the topic...
- q7swallows said Genevieve: Homeschooling has been our only solutio...
- benedetta said Tremendous rant, Fr. Z. Stunning. With sincere t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Las Vegas really is soul-numbing.
- JBS said I thought the distinction was between “sayin...
- Dr. Edward Peters said I like (for laypersons) the old phrase, having ...
- Athelstan said Hello Fr. Fox, In that same parish, attempts to “r...
- Heorot said Cincinnati Priest, Thank you for your words of enc...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 13 March 2008
I get a great Quaeritur via e-mail.
Thank you for your time and effort with WDTPRS and your website. [You’re welcome.]
I’m a father of three children, raised with my brother in the early ’60’s by our wonderful … Continue reading
My phone rang sometime before 6 am. I was wanted on a radio program to talk about some "Catholic issues" in the media right now. So, I got on the phone with the producer of Bill Bennett’s morning radio show, … Continue reading
Expect some problems with the blog for some hours.
For those WDTPRS vets around here, remember my problems with my old hosting service over a year ago?
Apparently they didn’t do all that they were supposed to do to keep my domain … Continue reading
UPDATE: I added my rapid translation of the Holy Father’s sermon at the penance service, below.
CTV had a live broadcast from the Basilica of St. Peter during a penance service for young people.
It was pretty much a standard … Continue reading
Remember the dust up on the Diocese of Novara, Italy, over the implementation of Summorum Pontificum and how some priests are celebrating the older form of Mass in conflict with the wishes of the local bishop? WDTPRS posted here and … Continue reading
The intrepid Marco Tosatti writes in the Italian daily La Stampa that the Pope’s third encyclical (his first "social" encyclical") will be entitled "Caritas in veritate… Charity in truth".
Here are the bullet points of Tosatti’s piece
The last social encyclical was … Continue reading
I found this on CNN, having been warned about it by the American Papist.
First, a few comments.
Before anything else let this be said…. I changed my mind about that entry head line. Of course you can confess online! You can … Continue reading
I think we had better gear up for series of truly stupid, as a matter of factly, wickedly stupid, news stories and TV spots about the Catholic Church in the next few weeks, ’till after Easter.
The Holy See Press Office issued a statement about the Commission Pope Benedict set up to examine reactions to the Letter to Catholics in China.
Communique of the Holy See Press Office regarding the meetingof the Commission for the Church in … Continue reading