Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Athelstan said On the other hand, Rocco Palmo of Whispers in the...
- Dr. Edward Peters said What Pater said.
- Magash said I would agree with Thorfinn. It’s been a lon...
- Boniface said Gratias, I often wonder to what extent much of tha...
- Legisperitus said Miserere, Domine. My first encounter with Fr. McBr...
- Gratias said Richard McBrien was an effective extreme left wing...
- Boniface said Chicken, indeed! And Prof. McInerny also wrote the...
- The Masked Chicken said RM commenting on RM. I miss Prof. McInerny. I did...
- DavidJ said I was never a fan of his in life, but I pray he di...
- The Masked Chicken said I would respond with the prophetic lyrics of the D...
- Sconnius said We were visiting a parish for the baptism of a fri...
- Sandy said When I was referred to the article yesterday, my f...
- Indulgentiam said And you didn’t back up any of your baseless...
- eyeclinic said Je ne suis pas Richard McBrien!
- LarryW2LJ said Sometimes we try to do too much. I like to remind...
- Thorfinn said I was thinking catechism program for children, but...
- Thorfinn said The hopeful advice: You are an existing beachhead...
- The Astronomer said May he rest in peace; he has already faced his par...
- Eugene said I will always remember him stating something to th...
- Robbie said It’s interesting. Most see McBrien as a lib...
- Imrahil said Forgive me, Father, for correcting you, but the L...
- Siculum said Father, here is a link to a YouTube video of the o...
- Indulgentiam said Oops hit post instead of preview. Ps. That said, i...
- Indulgentiam said I think Pope Saint Felix III advice applies here....
- makreitzer said Gosh, we all must have been involved in the same R...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said My priest observed something that I have frequentl...
- Hans said I’d be just as happy if you cut my previous...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Pleasing also to think of St. Raymond as founder o...
- Fuquay Steve said EF. Father spoke of the healing of the leper and t...
- Sacred1 said It was announced that there will be, for the first...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
- Holy Communion at mega Mass in Manila – POLLS
- “Five Revealing Details” about Pope Francis
- Have Catholic Democrats heard Pope Francis’ denunciation of same-sex stuff?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 13 March 2008
I get a great Quaeritur via e-mail.
Thank you for your time and effort with WDTPRS and your website. [You’re welcome.]
I’m a father of three children, raised with my brother in the early ’60’s by our wonderful … Continue reading
My phone rang sometime before 6 am. I was wanted on a radio program to talk about some "Catholic issues" in the media right now. So, I got on the phone with the producer of Bill Bennett’s morning radio show, … Continue reading
Expect some problems with the blog for some hours.
For those WDTPRS vets around here, remember my problems with my old hosting service over a year ago?
Apparently they didn’t do all that they were supposed to do to keep my domain … Continue reading
UPDATE: I added my rapid translation of the Holy Father’s sermon at the penance service, below.
CTV had a live broadcast from the Basilica of St. Peter during a penance service for young people.
It was pretty much a standard … Continue reading
Remember the dust up on the Diocese of Novara, Italy, over the implementation of Summorum Pontificum and how some priests are celebrating the older form of Mass in conflict with the wishes of the local bishop? WDTPRS posted here and … Continue reading
The intrepid Marco Tosatti writes in the Italian daily La Stampa that the Pope’s third encyclical (his first "social" encyclical") will be entitled "Caritas in veritate… Charity in truth".
Here are the bullet points of Tosatti’s piece
The last social encyclical was … Continue reading
I found this on CNN, having been warned about it by the American Papist.
First, a few comments.
Before anything else let this be said…. I changed my mind about that entry head line. Of course you can confess online! You can … Continue reading
I think we had better gear up for series of truly stupid, as a matter of factly, wickedly stupid, news stories and TV spots about the Catholic Church in the next few weeks, ’till after Easter.
The Holy See Press Office issued a statement about the Commission Pope Benedict set up to examine reactions to the Letter to Catholics in China.
Communique of the Holy See Press Office regarding the meetingof the Commission for the Church in … Continue reading