Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Vincent said OF, only men were chosen. I was the youngest, aged...
- LiteratureAddict said At Sanctissima Trinita dei Pellegrini, no Maundy a...
- Facta Non Verba said Both men and women, whoever volunteered at the spu...
- Martlet said Altar servers. I think it was three boys and one...
- MaryofSharon said Fr. Z, I’ve been following and appreciating...
- LeeF said On an additional note, this brings to mind the con...
- LeeF said Is there a theological point to only men being cho...
- Athelstan said St. Alphonsus, Baltimore: The only regular weekly...
- majuscule said We didn’t even have a dozen men in the pews...
- matt1618 said Praise God, this was my first Holy Thursday Mass a...
- tjmurphy said OF mass. Chanted Kyrie, Sanctus, Agnus Dei. Sang U...
- Fr Martin Fox said In a new parish, I decided to wash the feet of the...
- Kirk O said Our pastor washed the feet or I should say foot of...
- Minnesotan from Florida said Ordinary Form, Greek Kyrie, Latin Gloria, English...
- artdob said Extraordinary form mass this evening. Organ silen...
- geologus petrolei said I went to the Novus Ordo Mass at the parish where...
- M. K. said Carmel of the Infant Jesus in Zephyr, Ontario. Mis...
- Marc said Wow, did this one bring back memories…bad me...
- MikeCGannon said St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Front Roya...
- abasham said In my parish the priests wash the feet of the alta...
- frjim4321 said … repose the Eucharist at the tabernacleR...
- kjh said A hodgepodge – let’s see – the l...
- frjim4321 said OIC, Lepidus.
- Lepidus said Fr. Jim – Hope you caught my correction abou...
- Nick M said While our priests washed the feet of both men and...
- jhayes said I was told the USCCB had approved it The USCCB res...
- Patti Day said Six volunteers, male and female, mishmash of Latin...
- Lin said The Mass was very beautiful tonight. Three priest...
- friarpark said I meant “gets”. He speaks the truth,...
- friarpark said I’m echoing what lana said earlier: “...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 14 March 2008
ZENIT presents a piece with the comments of His Eminence Justin Card. Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia, on the implementation of Summorum Pontificum in seminaries. You are going to love this! See if some of it doesn’t sound familiar!
Shall we have … Continue reading
I have a little present for you kind readers… and listeners
This seemed appropriate today, for the Friday before Palm Sunday when the Seven Sorrows of Mary are commemorated at Holy Mass with the traditional Roman calendar.
Here are the Stations of … Continue reading
I just got word that some new sermons of St. Augustine have been discovered in Vienna.
I don’t have details yet.
The daily newspaper of the Italian Bishops Conference Avvenire has an article on p. A23 about the appearance of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum in the official instrument of the Holy See for the promulgation of documents, Acta Apostolicae Sedis. … Continue reading
An alarming e-mail came to me from a reader. My emphases and comments:
Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
Two friends of mine recently went to confession at their parish’s regularly scheduled time. [Tip # 3] Of course, they each made their confession individually to … Continue reading
Here is an "oldie" PODCAzT, from last year… I was just starting to make these little programs back then. I bring this back, especially because of the comment about ancient Rhetoric.
I find it interesting to go back and listen … Continue reading
The well-known Los Angeles Religious Education Congress always provides us with lots of things to think about.
A reader alerted me to some youtube videos of the closing Mass… er… liturgy… er…
[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhMvrY_gu0k] … Continue reading
A WDTPRSer sent me a copy of a response from the Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei". Our reader had some questions for the PCED and the PCED answered them.
I must say right away that this letter requires me to make a … Continue reading