You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- trad catholic mom said Just to clarify, I watched the semi-final yesterda...
- trad catholic mom said Thanks for the heads up I watched it yesterday. It...
- Priam1184 said I guess, after reading the comments above, oneR...
- AA Cunningham said It’s not an impeachable offense and it is be...
- Jeannie_C said Hughie – I have to admit, this has been our...
- Jeannie_C said We are blessed to have a number of Permanent Deaco...
- LarryW2LJ said It’s not being blown out of proportion, as I...
- UncleBlobb said Father Z., it is very interesting where the prayer...
- Hughie said My brother-in-law, John — a former Fire Brig...
- AA Cunningham said “According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1...
- Bosco said Deaconite? Time to turn off the night light and ta...
- Martial Artist said Fathers (Z and Martin Fox), I am forced by conscie...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, most universities required at least t...
- Jeannie_C said One of your best posts ever, Fr. Z. Thank you!
- VexillaRegis said Billy: Watch out for Fr. Z’s secret identica...
- wmeyer said Father, while you are at it, do make certain that...
- Jack Regan said Can’t he carry his own umbrella like the res...
- Ted said “Without the RAM, the operating system shoul...
- yatzer said “brothers and sisters who through their work...
- mattg said Father, A few thoughts on your computer trouble:...
- LarryW2LJ said That meme that was linked to asked what the differ...
- JabbaPapa said Without the RAM, the operating system should not f...
- billy said Father I’m glad you admitted you were wrong...
- Peter in Canberra said the photoshopped umbrella raising is funny. it is...
- Konstantin said Thank you Father, I feel learned now ;-) A blessed...
- Christopher said Jabba: This can be caused by a variety of differen...
- Christopher said Also Father, as others have stated, do not go beyo...
- Christopher said Father, Can you access the BIOS (either F2, F8, or...
- VexillaRegis said Even the Queen of England carries her umbrellas he...
- Bea said My First thought was the Arrogance of this man. to...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 17 March 2008
From last year, 2007, on Holy Monday:
Today’s Office of Readings has an excerpt of a sermon by St. Augustine of Hippo (+430 – s. Guelf. 3 otherwise called s. 218C) preached in 412 about the Lord’s Passion. I give you … Continue reading
Here is a glimpse at the last few minutes. This is a rough estimation of where many of you are when coming to visit:
Houston, Texas Austin, Texas Calgary, Alberta Birmingham, Alabama Brooklyn, New York Villanova, Pennsylvania Campolongo Maggiore, Ve… Nepean, … Continue reading
I get lots of mail, hundreds of messages a day. Some are informative, some inquisitive, some complimentary, some censorious.
This one rather tickled me.
The writer is sad that I liked and wrote positively of H.E. Arthur Serratelli, Bishop of Patterson’s, … Continue reading
There is a youtube video available of Fr. Reginald Foster speaking in Latin to some German media outlet. There are helpful subtitles in Portugese.
Fr. Foster is talking about the problem of the loss of Latin, which leads to the closing … Continue reading
Voting ended today for the 2008 Catholic Blog Awards.
WDTPRS is in most of the categories and, when there was a midweek progress report, we were doing fairly well.
These awards are little benchmarks, and as such have their … Continue reading
South Ashford Priest has some photos of a demonstration outside their cathedral as the priests entered for the Chrism Mass.
Just look at these rabble rousers!
His Hermeneuticalness, the great Fr. Tim Finigan – perhaps the future Archbishop of Westminster (have … Continue reading
The gentlemanly Sandro Magister has some pointed observations about the television coverage of papal Masses.
I must say I share his well-expressed views.
Let’s have a look at what he writes on his worthy blog, Settimo cielo, in my translation and with … Continue reading
I always check each day the fun site rogue classicism for interesting trivia.
Let’s look at today’s entry there.
This Day in Ancient History
ante diem xvi kalendas apriles
Festival of Mars continues (day 17)
Liberalia — a festival of general merriment and wine drinking … Continue reading
Happy Feast Day!
Yes, folks, once again the calendar has brought us around to the feast of St. John Sarkander, priest and martyr (+1620).
Here is the enrty in the Martyrologium Romanum.
7. Olomucii in Moravia, sancti Ioannis Sarkander, presbyteri et martyris, qui … Continue reading
If you send me good and useable photos of your churches and chapels with the images and statues veiled (as they may be as of 1st Passion Sunday (1962MR) or 5th Sunday of Lent (2002MR), I will try to post … Continue reading