Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- WmHesch: So Taize prayer is going to get a mention, but not TLM? Taize is for old peopleR 30;
- Fr. Charles A. F.: Circulus Gallicus B, end of section 3 speaks of ‘cra fting a ritual of Eucharisti c celebratio n for young peopleR 17;. Gallicus C and Germanicus ask for a ‘...
- Angelo Tan: Relatio – D “Fou rthly, the issue of the liturgy found a good deal of resonance with our group. On the one hand, we acknowledg e that for many young people, in various parts...
- UncleBlobb: God bless you, Father. Have a great time. Memories of 2014 with you. Thank you.
- Spinmamma: Thank you for rememberin g us. I, for one, am truly in need of your prayers and am very grateful.
- Semper Gumby: My guess is that Birra Nursia would go great with Chick-fil- A.
- Semper Gumby: A fraction of the unhinged Left are taking occult things up a notch by reviving the Greco-Roma n Curse Tablets, worship of Hecate, and the Greek Magical Papyri. A few, er, how-to...
- Semper Gumby: In the wondrous, magical, socialist utopia of the Left no woman need ever fear again a nine-year old boy. Unicorns will parade through the streets and the clouds will be made of...
- dholwell: Pray the Rosary that the Holy Spirit will guide Pope Francis. And pray to Saint Michael the Archangel to defend us in battle.
- Semper Gumby: An “inc reasingly liquid paradigm of religiosit y”? That sounds not like a Synod document but a late night meeting of the minds in a college dormitory after a kegger....
- Semper Gumby: Interestin g. The difference s between these two Illinois bishops raises a random thought. In a Canticle-f or-Liebowi tz world, where the few survivors are huddled around a campf...
- Semper Gumby: Andrew: I second jaykay. God bless the Benedict XVI Institute and the San Quentin Choir.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Viganò uses the phrase “Sal vation of Souls̶ 1; more in this document than I have heard Francis use in his entire pontificat e. Something to consider.
- Q7: How refreshing in this whole sordid business to see the genuine charitable priority Archbishop Vigano has consistent ly given (at great personal peril) to all the ***souls** * involved here —...
- ps23: Vigano! Singlehand edly trying to stop this pope from paving the highway to hell.
- SanSan: Silence = Death
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: As a homebrewer , I warmly approve of their beer. I intend to become a subscriber after the new year.
- cwillia1: Consider an all male hierarchic al organizati on that requires perpetual sexual continence of its members and treats same sex attraction s as seriously disordered . It is obvious that...
- Bellarmino Vianney: “How ever, I know for a fact that homosexual s and mafiosi and all manner of dangerous actors run together, for their interests overlap. 8221; This is likely also the...
- HvonBlumenthal: Abp Vigano makes an important point about why it is specifical ly a problem of homosexual ity. Heterosexu al “0hilander ers” do not organise to recruit other philandere rs or create...
- maternalView: Thanks for the PDF. I’m sharing it. It’s helpful to have all that in one handy booklet.
- PostCatholic: I’ve always wondered about that carnival game where the impossible talk is to catch a greased pig, how do they grease the pigs in the first place? Now we know. Fascinatin g to...
- bigtex: “Again, Viganò has uncovered the root of The Present Crisis: homosexual s and homosexual predation – with the sodocleric alism that results.” No, the root of the crisis started a century...
- John Nelson: The Cannons of St John Cantius also have their 2019 Ordo available. You can order it from their bookstore, Biretta Books, at https://ww w.birettab ooks.com. Also FSSP has theirs...
- maternalView: Yes, there are many good apostolate s that operate with a tight budget and trust in God’ s blessings. We need to support them! I don’ t even like beer but I̵...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The reports of the various language circles of the Synod (“walking together”) are out.
- Romeward Bound for Summorum Pontificum 2018 and Masses for Benefactors
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: Pregnancy and Glory
- Liturgical Ordo for the upcoming liturgical year, 2019.
- Terrific Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Yes, great things are also going on and YOU can participate.
- #ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 17 March 2008
From last year, 2007, on Holy Monday:
Today’s Office of Readings has an excerpt of a sermon by St. Augustine of Hippo (+430 – s. Guelf. 3 otherwise called s. 218C) preached in 412 about the Lord’s Passion. I give you … Continue reading
Here is a glimpse at the last few minutes. This is a rough estimation of where many of you are when coming to visit:
Houston, Texas Austin, Texas Calgary, Alberta Birmingham, Alabama Brooklyn, New York Villanova, Pennsylvania Campolongo Maggiore, Ve… Nepean, … Continue reading
I get lots of mail, hundreds of messages a day. Some are informative, some inquisitive, some complimentary, some censorious.
This one rather tickled me.
The writer is sad that I liked and wrote positively of H.E. Arthur Serratelli, Bishop of Patterson’s, … Continue reading
There is a youtube video available of Fr. Reginald Foster speaking in Latin to some German media outlet. There are helpful subtitles in Portugese.
Fr. Foster is talking about the problem of the loss of Latin, which leads to the closing … Continue reading
Voting ended today for the 2008 Catholic Blog Awards.
WDTPRS is in most of the categories and, when there was a midweek progress report, we were doing fairly well.
These awards are little benchmarks, and as such have their … Continue reading
South Ashford Priest has some photos of a demonstration outside their cathedral as the priests entered for the Chrism Mass.
Just look at these rabble rousers!
His Hermeneuticalness, the great Fr. Tim Finigan – perhaps the future Archbishop of Westminster (have … Continue reading
The gentlemanly Sandro Magister has some pointed observations about the television coverage of papal Masses.
I must say I share his well-expressed views.
Let’s have a look at what he writes on his worthy blog, Settimo cielo, in my translation and with … Continue reading
I always check each day the fun site rogue classicism for interesting trivia.
Let’s look at today’s entry there.
This Day in Ancient History
ante diem xvi kalendas apriles
Festival of Mars continues (day 17)
Liberalia — a festival of general merriment and wine drinking … Continue reading
Happy Feast Day!
Yes, folks, once again the calendar has brought us around to the feast of St. John Sarkander, priest and martyr (+1620).
Here is the enrty in the Martyrologium Romanum.
7. Olomucii in Moravia, sancti Ioannis Sarkander, presbyteri et martyris, qui … Continue reading
If you send me good and useable photos of your churches and chapels with the images and statues veiled (as they may be as of 1st Passion Sunday (1962MR) or 5th Sunday of Lent (2002MR), I will try to post … Continue reading
I am often asked if I am on Facebook. Also, I know that some people I highly respect are using Facebook in interesting ways.
Perhaps we could have a little discussion of Facebook here.
What is it all about?
How do you use … Continue reading