Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- JonathanCatholic said A few comments: 1. The sacred Liturgy has always b...
- tcreek said Should I disregard the (Latin) teaching of the fir...
- Michael said Even when you receive under the species of bread o...
- BLB Oregon said Excuse me, the spiritual mercy of an instructional...
- BLB Oregon said Well, at least they said “All are invited to...
- Robbie said A deacon assigned to the parish I normally attend...
- mrshopey said What I have seen, regarding RCIA here, is that if...
- Cathy said Cordelio, I agree, it undermines the doctrine of c...
- Legisperitus said mburn16: Funnily enough, I misread the beginning o...
- MarkJ said Vatican II? Oh, it was the most wunderfullest coun...
- wmeyer said As to the liturgy, when it was in Latin, it was co...
- wmeyer said Include me among those who endured RCIA. In my cas...
- Margaret said Golly. I hope the talks are more grounded in real...
- mhazell said The first statement about OT and NT readings is cl...
- mburn16 said “They reflect an attitude of, “Before the Co...
- Netmilsmom said Why is there two travel mugs on your “Self-A...
- Cordelio said The second statement reproduced above is not just...
- APX said Actually, prior to Vatican II in certain areas of...
- CatholicLiving said Do they have ‘chicken fried steak’ in...
- MikeM221 said I have always found it ironic that the use of the...
- lisebaur said Thank you, Father. I’ve been listening ever...
- sirlouis said And, just to be perfectly accurate, lay people ar...
- Andkaras said Wasn’t Natchitoches a favorite haunt of Walk...
- pj_houston said “Thems hominy grits” http://youtu.be/u
- frjim4321 said I certainly hope you’re feeling much better.
- Henry Edwards said New ICEL: Look kindly, Lord, we pray, on the devot...
- Lutgardis said The reference to “tempering” makes me...
- JacobWall said @Sonshine135, Peopel ARE building churches like th...
- oledocfarmer said Natchitoches is the town where the film STEEL MAGN...
- jameeka said Why is “mens” sometimes translated as...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Z-Swag: in the wild
- Some misconceptions
- WDTPRS Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: getting tenderized
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 18 March 2008
The future Archbishop of Westminster, His Hermeneuticalness Fr. Tim Finigan tipped me off about a Novus Ordo Mass in Latin every week in Glasgow, Scotland.
I am very happy to promote this on WDTPRS!
Here is the post from The … Continue reading
Here is an interesting story about the use of low-gluten Hosts for people who are intolerant of gluten. By extension it reminds us of the use of mustum, a wine whose fermentation process is halted by freezing.
Almost gluten-free Communion for … Continue reading
A reader sent my this article.
I resonate with what follows.
Very often I notice though I am very obviously dressed in my black suit with Roman collar, people in, for instance, banks et alibi, address me by my first name. … Continue reading
This just in:
Vatican to issue conciliatory note to Jews
Mon Mar 17 12:26:06 UTC 2008
By Philip Pullella
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – Pope Benedict has approved a conciliatory statement for Jews upset by a Good Friday prayer that many saw as a call … Continue reading
Here is a reading of the Via Crucis, the Way of the Cross, composed by Joseph Card. Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, for the 2005 Good Friday observance at the Colosseum in Rome.
The text is English, though I use Latin … Continue reading
Welcome to another installment of What Does the Prayer Really Sound Like?
Today we will hear the Passion of St. John, to be sung on … Continue reading