Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Geoffrey said “That priest does not believe in the Real Pr...
- CatherineTherese said Upon reading this entry, I found myself spontaneou...
- AnAmericanMother said New Sister, My experience exactly. I was in shock...
- New Sister said @ Lavrans – I do not think we can blame the...
- AnAmericanMother said I will note that, within my observation, this only...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Scott W, I’m not letting the priest who...
- TMKent said I too am from Charlotte and took part (for the 10t...
- thomas tucker said Isn’t it ironic that the priest would recomm...
- Gratias said The Bishop was earmarked for this fate already in...
- TWF said Just north of Seattle up in Vancouver, the majorit...
- Tamquam said It is unfortunate that personalities and politics...
- Franko said Little late, but I’d second the advice given...
- Lavrans said Anyone thought, perhaps, both are at fault? The pr...
- New Sister said Boy, there is nothing like the “Left Coast...
- Suburbanbanshee said Well, obviously you _could_ have a perfectly legit...
- Joe of St Thérèse said So much for being pastoral and going out of comfor...
- Lavrans said I have been meaning to ask Father Z, as well as ot...
- Suburbanbanshee said Um… the Gospel does include commands and law...
- Sonshine135 said Perhaps the Priest would understand better if the...
- frjim4321 said “Hmm. What narcissism is frequently related...
- Scott W. said Without knowing the full context it seems pointles...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear incorpore, Trying to find your source for the...
- JesusFreak84 said Amazon is telling me it doesn’t release unti...
- Scott W. said Scott W., talk to anyone with psychological traini...
- yatzer said “vetusta ecclesia says: 1 October 2014 at 8:...
- Antonin said Deacon: But on the question of divorce and remarri...
- Antonin said There is a danger in the synod, in Catholic combox...
- Henry Edwards said frjim: “talk to anyone with psychological tr...
- Spade said “DavidJ says: 1 October 2014 at 8:32 am Spad...
- seattle_cdn said It was from the combox at The Curt Jester over a s...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: March 2008
This just in from The Earth Times:
Washington – Most Americans have a positive view of the Catholic Church and Pope Benedict XVI, ahead of his visit to the United States next month, despite years of negative publicity resulting from the … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake of St. Mary Magdalene in Brighton has a very interesting post, which I share with you here, with my emphases and comments.
The Sacred Liturgy isn’t just about what happens in Church, it should touch every … Continue reading
Here is a snapshot from the last few minutes of some of the places the blog’s software is detecting you are connecting from.
Since sometimes you may be connecting to the internet through some node at some distance, these are … Continue reading
Over at The Crescat there is another kind of blog award project going on!
Be sure to participate! The nomimations are being taken now and voting starts on 1 April.
… honoring the great ‘obscure little guy’ blogs. … Continue reading
This just in. My emphases and comments.
Cistercian monks of Holy Cross sign Major Record Contract to Sing Gregorian Chant3/26/2008
Catholic News Agency
After a contact in London informed the Cistercian monks of Holy Cross monastery about Universal’s search for Gregorian singers, the … Continue reading
Here is some new via e-mail.
Here it is with my emphases and comments.
The TLM resumed to-day at noon in St. Colman’s Cathedral, Cobh, Co. Cork after more than forty years. The Mass was celebrated by Bishop John Magee of Cloyne. … Continue reading
Here is an article in the Boston Herald which I think some of you will enjoy very much.
Boys step up to altar, en MassBy Laura Crimaldi | Sunday, March 23, 2008
A new generation of young altar servers captivated by … Continue reading
First and foremost, Happy Easter!
I wanted to keep the internet thing a bit calm for the Triduum and Easter.
However, I am now facing literally hundreds of e-mails from good people, many of them asking questions about sundry topics. I simply, … Continue reading
Here is a piece about what is going on in the Diocese of Lafayette, Indiana. My emphases and comments.
Indiana’s Bishop Higi is Faithful to Summorum Pontificum with FSSP Support
Bishop Higi tells Una Voce Carmel to Think Big
Carmel, Indiana (March 20, … Continue reading