Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Grateful to be Catholic said I had hoped that the comments would have a little...
- discens said Why does artificial contraception (or contraceptio...
- Kathleen10 said Teenagers and goofy young adults will experiment w...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the pigs are roasted before the parade,...
- Suburbanbanshee said In this case, “witches” are witch effi...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1) Even progressive people admit that the cover is...
- Suburbanbanshee said If civilization collapses, we go back to using pot...
- Uxixu said Sodomy is one of the sins that cries to Heaven for...
- Fr_Sotelo said In present immigration law, even a heterosexual co...
- Uxixu said It may earn me an anathema from our beloved host,...
- Uxixu said For all their spurious and fallacious demagoguery,...
- frjim4321 said I’m not sure about that reply. We were taugh...
- Uxixu said I’m about convinced the last chance to avoid...
- Rob_in_the_UK said Great stuff about the St John/St Peter midsummer b...
- Theodore said Good Father, In my opinion Revolution was a poorly...
- discens said rbtbrown. Your first response is a quibble about w...
- Prayerful said Kickstarter maybe, but it might jar with the curre...
- Geoffrey said I watched “Revolution” when it was ori...
- robtbrown said Re Addendum: You’ve gone from bad to worse...
- jacobi said Father, I have commented elsewhere about the const...
- robtbrown said discens, NFP is not contraception, natural or othe...
- discens said Addendum: there is something natural in homosexual...
- Benedict Joseph said Bull’s-eye.
- Muv said When I am surgically transformed into a tree I sha...
- Oneros said It seems odd to be concerned about “deceivin...
- pseudomodo said Actually now that I look at the video a little clo...
- discens said In response to robtbrown, I say ‘artificial&...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Yes, the line from the bishop about “looking...
- discens said I wonder, Father, if you are not being unduly hars...
- mamajen said I’ve been through the marriage-based immigra...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Madison, WI – Thurs 4 June – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- 2 June 1865: America Civil War officially ended (and more)
- ASK FATHER: Can friends of same sex “marry” to avoid deportation?
- BUGATTI UPDATE!
- Vanity Fair and the Synod
- If you are a little bored someday
- ASK FATHER: When does Paschaltide end?
- Fathers! A serious warning!
- June and You
- Your Good News
- Congratulations Newly Ordained Fr. Tim Ferguson!
- The upcoming “environment” encyclical, “human ecology”, and the everlasting pains of Hell
- An angry Fr. Z’s Trinity Sunday with help from Fr. Rutler
- A Trinity Sunday question for readers
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- My View For Awhile: Shore to Shore Edition
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 3 April 2008
Here is the sermon… in Italian. Sorry… I read it.
♦ CAPPELLA PAPALE NEL TERZO ANNIVERSARIO DELLA MORTE DEL SOMMO PONTEFICE GIOVANNI PAOLO II
Questa mattina, alle ore 10.30, il Santo Padre Benedetto XVI presiede, sul sagrato della Basilica Vaticana, la celebrazione … Continue reading
Tonight I had supper with one of the ten smartest people I know.
A parish priest from St. Paul.
This is one of the most highly intelligent, but also one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met.
We had grilled filet … Continue reading
At The Crescat we find…
"you know you have a blogging problem… when you have weird blogger dreams about making a pilgrimage to meet Fr. Z with other fellow bloggers and the first thought you have when you wake up … Continue reading
Some time ago I posted about the response of the Archdiocese for the Military in the USA to requests to implement Summorum Pontificum.
In my opinion, as I wrote before, the Military Archdiocese responded in a pretty reasonable way. Essentially they … Continue reading
Over at the blog called feminine genius there are some reactions to my entry concerning women wearing chapel veils (or better keeping their heads covered in church). Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
Cultural artifact or trancendent item?
There … Continue reading
FWIW… JTA (a Jewish news service) reports:
Interfaith official: Pope will clarify prayer
Pope Benedict XVI is preparing to clarify the Vatican’s position on the controversial Good Friday Prayer for the Jews, a Jewish interfaith official said.
The Vatican will issue a … Continue reading
There is an interesting article in Topeka’s Capital-Journal Online about the SSPX venture in St. Mary, Kansas.
This is fairly inflammatory stuff.
Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
St. Mary’s home to conflicting views
Flap over female referee is just … Continue reading
The guys at Top Gear did a test drive of my car… er um.. the Bugatti Veyron… again.
I think I’d test drive it every week.
They still haven’t delivered it.
DRIVE THE BLACK – DRIVE THE RED.