Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- boxerpaws1952 said Pray for Priests O Jesus, Eternal Priest, look dow...
- Matt Robare said I’m not sure I agree that it’s a purel...
- robtbrown said MGaul, Do you think it’s coincidence that...
- Deacon Augustine said Supertradmum, what you say about the affordability...
- Heorot said I’ve been mulling the Diocesan Priesthood fo...
- Amateur Scholastic said It should not be forgotten that many liberals want...
- Gerard Plourde said Supertradmum, I didn’t realize you were in t...
- trespinos said Will add a prayer for your return to health, Fathe...
- trespinos said jflare EIT’s have been in the news recently...
- NBW said Good stuff! LCWR is doing copious amounts of yoga...
- Supertradmum said This, imho, is the attitude of those who insist on...
- HyacinthClare said I am excruciatingly not-with-it (perfectly obvious...
- Supertradmum said Gerard Plourde, in some American dioceses, like my...
- Harris said Now I understand the “n0-mass-tay-hers”...
- capchoirgirl said We have NO Mass, in a parish run by Dominicans, an...
- Hidden One said Here’s another, very well hidden problem, at...
- Supertradmum said Gerard Plourde, parishes have been asked to pay fo...
- Gerard Plourde said Supertradmum, I’d like to know more about th...
- Bea said @YoungLatinMassGuy You said: “The entire sys...
- djc said As someone who prefers the NO-done reverently of c...
- chadmyers said “nah-may-st” haha that’s the bes
- Supertradmum said Secular humanism ruined churches and music, all do...
- Tantum Ergo said I use copious amounts of tinfoil for my helmet to...
- Supertradmum said Domestic Augustine, amen and one of my points abov...
- danidunn said Do not repay injury with injury; study your behav...
- robtbrown said Matthew Gaul says: I don’t think it was too much...
- Supertradmum said Prayers
- pelerin said I am presuming this is a spoof video although thes...
- Supertradmum said Gerard Plourde And who is going to pay for a marri...
- Deacon Augustine said I don’t believe there is a priest shortage &...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 19 April 2008
I simply have to absorb this for a while.
What an amazing address. Simply astonishing.
Little by little I am adding comments.
I am skipping around a bit and adding and editing, so come back and … Continue reading
I took time out from watching the Holy Father’s coverage today to take in a movie. I went to Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan and Jet Lee.
There were many aspects of the film that were predictable, because the film fit … Continue reading
Here is a follow up to what I postede the other day via John Sonnen’s fine Orbis Catholicus:
I guess the sixties are ending? And of course there’s always good news coming from Rome!
Today at Rome’s Pontifical North American College, America’s … Continue reading
Here is the music line up for the Mass at Yankee Stadium:
Symphony No. 9 in D minor – Ludwig van BeethovenI. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestosoII. Molto vivace
Entrance of the Holy FatherHymnus Pontificius – Charles Gounod, arr. Alberico … Continue reading
This is superb.
“At this moment I can only thank you for your love of the Church and Our Lord, and for the love which you show to the poor Successor of Saint Peter. I will try to do all … Continue reading
Here is the text of the Holy Father’s sermon from St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City. My emphases and comments:
Keep in mind that the readings for this Mass will be from the Mass of Pentecost, a theme similar to … Continue reading
I am struck by the incredible difference in attitude and atmosphere as preparation for this Mass continues.
I will post the Holy Father’s sermon as soon as he finishes delivering it. Click HERE.
The pipe organ works wonders, no?
Tu es Petrus! Then … Continue reading
It is sometimes possible to remember precisely where you were and what you were doing when historic events took place. People often cite examples like where they were when they heard that JFK was shot, or when Neil Armstrong stepped … Continue reading