Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Joseph-Mary said That is Bishop Lynch’s diocese? Consider the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said The letters ought to be the same size on either of...
- JonathanCatholic said A few comments: 1. The sacred Liturgy has always b...
- tcreek said Should I disregard the (Latin) teaching of the fir...
- Michael said Even when you receive under the species of bread o...
- BLB Oregon said Excuse me, the spiritual mercy of an instructional...
- BLB Oregon said Well, at least they said “All are invited to...
- Robbie said A deacon assigned to the parish I normally attend...
- mrshopey said What I have seen, regarding RCIA here, is that if...
- Cathy said Cordelio, I agree, it undermines the doctrine of c...
- Legisperitus said mburn16: Funnily enough, I misread the beginning o...
- MarkJ said Vatican II? Oh, it was the most wunderfullest coun...
- wmeyer said As to the liturgy, when it was in Latin, it was co...
- wmeyer said Include me among those who endured RCIA. In my cas...
- Margaret said Golly. I hope the talks are more grounded in real...
- mhazell said The first statement about OT and NT readings is cl...
- mburn16 said “They reflect an attitude of, “Before the Co...
- Netmilsmom said Why is there two travel mugs on your “Self-A...
- Cordelio said The second statement reproduced above is not just...
- acricketchirps said And we always got the Blood of Christ at Communion...
- Unwilling said “Hopefully the talks will be great.” H...
- Allan Gillis said I find this curious… almost an intentional...
- APX said Actually, prior to Vatican II in certain areas of...
- CatholicLiving said Do they have ‘chicken fried steak’ in...
- MikeM221 said I have always found it ironic that the use of the...
- ClavesCoelorum said Pleeease someone tell us Germans what Father wrote...
- lisebaur said Thank you, Father. I’ve been listening ever...
- sirlouis said And, just to be perfectly accurate, lay people ar...
- Andkaras said Wasn’t Natchitoches a favorite haunt of Walk...
- pj_houston said “Thems hominy grits” http://youtu.be/u
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Z-Swag: in the wild
- Some misconceptions
- WDTPRS Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: getting tenderized
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 20 April 2008
Here is the text of the Holy Father’s sermon for his Holy Mass in The Bronx, in NYC. My emphases and comments:
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
In the Gospel we have just heard, Jesus tells his Apostles to put … Continue reading
I will post some comments on the Holy Father’s Mass as it progresses. I sincerely hope it will be fruitful for all who follow it!
As soon as the Holy Father finishes his sermon, I will post it in another entry … Continue reading
One year ago, a pivotal figure for liturgy and sacred music in the American, indeed international Church died. Msgr. Richard J. Schuler’s first anniversay is today.
I humbly ask that you say a prayer today for the respose of his soul.
Papa … Continue reading
From and California Catholic Daily and Sancte Pater where WDTPRS’s photoshopper Vincenzo holds forth, we have news of this stunningly dopey move on the part of a member of the US Senate.
Sen. Barbara Boxer holds up resolution welcoming Benedict XVI … Continue reading
Several readers yesterday sent me e-mails about something that our friends over at Rorate have finally posted on.
I hesitated to post about this today, but in retrospect, I think it oughtt o be put out there, but with my emphases … Continue reading
Check out Orbis Catholicus for photos of H.E. Card. Castrillon Hoyos Pontifical TLM in Rome.
A sample or two.
Benedict XVI’s prayer at Ground Zero:
O God of love, compassion, and healing,look on us, people of many different faiths and traditions,who gather today at this site,the scene of incredible violence and pain.
We ask you in your goodnessto give eternal light … Continue reading
UPDATE: Fr. Imbelli responds! (See the comments.)Our friend Amy alerted me to an article in Commonweal which could be of interest to WDTPRSers.
My emphases and comments.
A Posture for Prayer
Posted by [Fr.] Robert P. Imbelli [prof at Boston College] on April … Continue reading