You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- Norah said Jeannie_C said: Breaking open the Word is as impor...
- Chuck3030 said I have had experiences primarily in two parishes/a...
- Laura Lea said I have a great fear of committing this sin. I rea...
- Kieninger said As pastor of a large parish where altar girls were...
- M. K. said The parish I grew up in during the 1980s and early...
- Elizabeth M said mamajen – Congratulations! Last Sunday my...
- StJude said My car which I rely on for work developed a horrib...
- Elizabeth M said I remember years ago attending a TLM at a SSXP cha...
- StJude said Chaplet of the Divine Mercy said for you all. For...
- RCOkie said For all those affected by the tornadoes in the las...
- robtbrown said APX says: If we really want to blame the lack of v...
- maryh said @APX If we really want to blame the lack of vocati...
- maryh said @Catholictothecore That’s not going to work....
- cyejbv said This is purely anecdotal: my 15 year old son was...
- JacobWall said For anyone following the Ontario “Gay-school...
- APX said If we really want to blame the lack of vocations o...
- Suburbanbanshee said For discernment of God’s will, now that I...
- kneeler said Three things! 1) I have 4 acres of grass to mow, a...
- Catholictothecore said It would be interesting to see some kind of a surv...
- campello said For the healing of Fr. B who will celebrate 10 yea...
- lux_perpetua said for two friends and their first baby, who was deli...
- moosix1974 said If there are girl servers, then the alb is the onl...
- PAT said Thursday, May 30, 2013, Feast of Corpus Christi, S...
- Mary Jane said Congratulations, Mamajen!! :) I’m 14 weeks...
- Lepidus said When I was an altar boy in the early ’80R...
- PA mom said Yes and yes, however… I have experienced at...
- AV8R61 said For Father Z’s and everyone’s intentio...
- robtbrown said Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda says: I am so tired of...
- James Joseph said When I was maybe 11-years old we were told we no l...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 23 April 2008
I got this nice piece of TLM news from the Diocese of Fresno. It involves a friend of mine, Fr. Angel Sotelo.
FRESNO TRADITIONAL MASS SOCIETY
Contact: Keven Smith FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEEmail: FTMS@uvfresno.org
UNIQUE CATHOLIC RITUAL RETURNS TO FRESNO
Pentecost Solemn High Mass to … Continue reading
I have been in Florida for a few days. I about an hour I start my trip back to the Sabine Farm!
Let us hope for a boring journey.
The great gift which is Summorum Pontificum is bearing fruit everywhere.
Good news comes from Knoxville, TN, where our friend Henry, long-time WDTPRSer, has reported about a very fine celebration of Holy Mass.
Knoxville’s First Solemn Latin Mass in Decades
… Continue reading
Good news has come in:
Father, I just wanted to let you know that the EF training for priests and servers at the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary community in Still River, MA was a great success! I called … Continue reading
I got some really nice feedback from via e-mail:
After being a Protestant for many years I was confirmed into the Catholic church 5 years ago…. I have always struggled with the communion issue–in the hand or by … Continue reading
The fine canonically focused blog In the Light of the Law has a fascinating post today about removal of a bishop from the clerical state. We often hear about removal of priests, but not of bishops. But, bishops are clerics … Continue reading
In ancient Roman terms, and even modern Roman Catholic calendraical terms, today is ante diem ix kalendas maias Vinalia (urbana).
This is the day the wine which was ‘bottled’ in the previous autumn was opened and tasted for the … Continue reading
John Henry Cardinal Newman to be beatified
Cardinal John Henry Newman
Vatican City, Apr 23, 2008 / 03:12 am (CNA).- The Vatican has approved the beatification of Cardinal John Henry Newman, the English convert and theologian who has had immense influence … Continue reading