Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- YorkshireStudent said They will be no questions like that at our church...
- Chon said Priam1184: What do you wish the ancestors of Iraqi...
- Bob B. said This is yet another foreign policy failure of this...
- Dienekes said By all means, have faith and be acutely aware that...
- Priam1184 said Neither the West nor the USA will do a damn thing...
- Ivan said Why doesn’t the USA intervene now?
- Kerry said “How dreadful are the curses which Mohammeda...
- guatadopt said My son made his first confession last year (heR...
- Peter in Canberra said This is obviously very complicated but one can onl...
- Vecchio di Londra said For me it wasn’t even so much the words of t...
- acardnal said Here is a video of Fr. James V. Schall’s, S....
- Hennepin said @Juergensen Did no one complain to Rome? Yes, Wen...
- JustaSinner said JBS…that’s my point, I’m NOT loo...
- incredulous said And why is he in the other room behind the bongo p...
- Kathleen10 said I recall seeing a video of Saddam Hussein, where h...
- Bartholomew Leon said I have been to several Indian priests over the yea...
- Uxixu said There are two parts to that. As one who was in th...
- Peg Demetris said Oh the faith of Elijah – Like him, we must r...
- frjim4321 said I’m putting this in my calendar. This could...
- The Faith of Elijah | Peg Pondering Again said [...] A recent story came out regarding the words...
- Mike said Wow.
- SKAY said In case you are interested in more truthful Americ...
- frjim4321 said I’ll have to admit that when it comes to the...
- Jason Keener said St. John Paul II was absolutely correct to warn ag...
- Woody said Mike, That book is by the Anglican professor Cathe...
- DetJohn said I grew up in St. Lawrence of Brindisi Parish in th...
- Praying Daily to Mary for My Vocation - BigPulpit.com said [...] Christians – Mark Pattison The Problem...
- Ben Kenobi said “And when she wants to go to Rome and have a...
- Tamquam said Thank you, danube-bosphorus-moskva, for illustrati...
- Ben Kenobi said “[We can still play skittles together and th...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of They people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
- UPDATE: 2013 Scalfari Interview now BACK on the Vatican website. Why?
- Great article in FIRST THINGS: Correcting Catholic Blindness. ACTION ITEM!
- 30 A.D. INTERVIEW OF SCALFARIUS WITH JESUS OF NAZARETH
- Thom Peters: Progress 1 year after his life-changing accident
- Pew by Pew: a lesson Christian identity suicide
- AC-DC or Transgender Comics
- ASK FATHER: Anglican confession… valid?
- FOLLOW UP: Religious Freedom under attack in the US Senate – FAIL
- STUDENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- ASK FATHER: “The Body of ‘grace’”?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 23 April 2008
I got this nice piece of TLM news from the Diocese of Fresno. It involves a friend of mine, Fr. Angel Sotelo.
FRESNO TRADITIONAL MASS SOCIETY
Contact: Keven Smith FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEEmail: FTMS@uvfresno.org
UNIQUE CATHOLIC RITUAL RETURNS TO FRESNO
Pentecost Solemn High Mass to … Continue reading
I have been in Florida for a few days. I about an hour I start my trip back to the Sabine Farm!
Let us hope for a boring journey.
The great gift which is Summorum Pontificum is bearing fruit everywhere.
Good news comes from Knoxville, TN, where our friend Henry, long-time WDTPRSer, has reported about a very fine celebration of Holy Mass.
Knoxville’s First Solemn Latin Mass in Decades
… Continue reading
Good news has come in:
Father, I just wanted to let you know that the EF training for priests and servers at the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary community in Still River, MA was a great success! I called … Continue reading
I got some really nice feedback from via e-mail:
After being a Protestant for many years I was confirmed into the Catholic church 5 years ago…. I have always struggled with the communion issue–in the hand or by … Continue reading
The fine canonically focused blog In the Light of the Law has a fascinating post today about removal of a bishop from the clerical state. We often hear about removal of priests, but not of bishops. But, bishops are clerics … Continue reading
In ancient Roman terms, and even modern Roman Catholic calendraical terms, today is ante diem ix kalendas maias Vinalia (urbana).
This is the day the wine which was ‘bottled’ in the previous autumn was opened and tasted for the … Continue reading
John Henry Cardinal Newman to be beatified
Cardinal John Henry Newman
Vatican City, Apr 23, 2008 / 03:12 am (CNA).- The Vatican has approved the beatification of Cardinal John Henry Newman, the English convert and theologian who has had immense influence … Continue reading