You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Get like minded boys that wish to kneel serving on...
- Tina in Ashburn said Yippee.
- muckemdanno said Uh-oh…this priest has used the “E̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
- cathgrl said A guy walked into a church during Mass and killed...
- Cazienza said APX said: “AT” the altar. This is really starting...
- sirlouis said The full report says that all 178 Latin rite dioce...
- Lucia Maria said This is all really interesting in regards to a pri...
- PostCatholic said I think Mrs Child would be delighted with the anal...
- Scott W. said We should see the survey for what it is: sour grap...
- Paul M. said “No one seems to care that these prayers are...
- maryh said http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2013/05/...
- acardnal said “The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with...
- maryh said Does this work? http://old.usccb.org/romanmissal/s...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: Robtbrown His right to receive on...
- Austin Catholics said URL?
- Priam1184 said Entirely correct. If the tabernacle were placed b...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thomas S says: What other acts committed in a chur...
- frjim4321 said Mary, I need to find a text to copy and paste. I w...
- Gail F said Sheesh. I am glad I’m not a priest after rea...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 26 April 2008
As familiar as I am with some dimensions of blogging, I am rather more unfamiliar with other personal networking technologies.
For example, what is TWITTER, anyway?
I got interested on knowing about this whole twitter thing because of the following CNN story:
Student … Continue reading
If you haven’t seen this from the Archbishop of Los Angeles, His Eminence Roger Card. Mahony in The Tidings. My emphases, no comment:
Published: Friday, April 25, 2008Reflection: The Pope’s Pastoral VisitBy Cardinal Roger M. Mahony
Pope Benedict XVI came as our … Continue reading
The NYT has an article by Peter Steinfels on the Pope’s visit.
My emphases and comments.
April 26, 2008BeliefsPope Benedict and the Lasting Impact of His U.S. TripBy PETER STEINFELS
Pope Benedict XVI has come and gone. To a population that knew little … Continue reading
Some of you will have encountered problems accessing the blog.
Obviously we are back!
"But Father! But Father!" some of you are surely saying. "What happened? I was worried your provider went out of business, or the server died, or… well… maybe … Continue reading
The Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei has responded to the Bishops Conference of England and Wales about the coordination of calendars of for the Novus Ordo and the TLM regarding feasts.
Apparently they received a response to a dubium proposed to the … Continue reading
I found this nice story from the NY Daily News.
Pope Benedict’s visit proves a godsend for city seminary
BY ADAM NICHOLSDAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Friday, April 25th 2008, 4:00 AM
A clergy-starved Archdiocese of New York was facing a crisis – until Pope … Continue reading