When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Pnkn said Gasp. After assuming that parents and godparents a...
- Supertradmum said How beautiful. Catholicism is and has been for ove...
- kimberley jean said I recently saw a feminist leaning young woman marr...
- KateD said First, the Saint Patrick’s Day parade and no...
- St Donatus said Though we can lay this disaster at the feet of the...
- RuralCatholic said @Chiara…I’m also in Bp Lennon’s...
- SKAY said Wonderful! Thank you for the great news, Father.
- Traductora said Fr. Eberhard Schoeckenhoff is one scary guy. Throu...
- AvantiBev said Fr. Z wrote: “Let us not forget that actors...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Probably two of the seraph-wing-treatments I was t...
- How Western Christianity Will Die | Mundabor's Blog said […] are now informed that the Anglicans are...
- Chiara said I am fortunate enough to have Bishop Lennon as my...
- KateD said In San Francisco, at the Mission Delores Basilica,...
- Benedict Joseph said There is a wonderful painting by Francisco di Marc...
- Venerator Sti Lot said An interesting-sounding new book on ideological ba...
- ocalatrad said Cicero: “A nation can survive its fools, and even...
- Kathleen10 said The manic and diabolical nature of this full court...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Kerry, As far as I can see, your Deacon got the de...
- Imrahil said Dear JulieC, indeed it was not a secret meeting, n...
- Imrahil said Dear WYMiriam, thanks! I’d assume, though, t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said By the way, have you read the book as well as enjo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Sweet, indeed, that edulcoration – thank you...
- JulieC said I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but I...
- Kerry said A very wise Deacon at St. Agnes, in St. Paul told...
- Grumpy Beggar said Bosco says: “By the way, and I’m not joking...
- jaykay said Supertradmum said: “I was there when the abo...
- Absit invidia said Thank you for your service.
- Tony Phillips said I find that story about Paul VI weeping hard to sw...
- Martin_B said The chasuble is (today) the vestment for the pries...
- Bea said Geoffrey: ” I’d like to think that Pope Fran...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Blog problems
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 28 April 2008
I kind reader sent some images from the Holy Mass celebrated with the 1962 Missale Romanum according to the provisions of Summorum Pontificum at Franciscan University in Steubenville.
I am sure the students were very pleased!
I have posted this before, but it seemed appropriate to repost it today, the anniversary of the death of St. Gianna Molla in great year of 1962. It is her feast day today. This is one of the saints of … Continue reading
Whereas Card. Egan of New York has issued a press statement taking to task former NYC mayor R. Guiliani (R-NY) for receiving Communion at the Holy Father’s Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, this is from the WaPo.
For Pro-Choice Politicians, a … Continue reading
This is just in from the Archdiocese of New York! Super WDTPRS kudos to a super alert fast friend for alerting me so swiftly!
Statement of Cardinal Egan
April 28, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 28, 2008
The following is a statement issued by … Continue reading
NLM has a great find:
This bears watching as it illustrates the possibilities within the vernacular for Catholic Mass. This video was taken at the first Mass at the Sacred Music Colloquium at CUA last year. The video is long but … Continue reading
Just when you thought the DaVinci Code dopiness was settling down…. this is in from ABC News.
Was the Sistine Ceiling a Papal Insult? New Book Asks If Michelangelo Embedded Hidden Messages in the Sistine’s Frescoes
April 28, 2008—
… Continue reading
Wanna read an article typical of much of the Italian press?
Check this out.
Ignazio Ingrao of the Italian Panorama (n. 18/2008) has a strange item (my translation):
George W. Bush – The President of the United States, like Tony Blair, also about … Continue reading
There is a very interesting story at the National Catholic Register about the Holy Father’s brother Msgr. George Ratzinger. My emphases and comments.
When Your Little Brother Is the Pope
Part I of our exclusive interview with the Holy Father’s sole remaining … Continue reading
Thanks to Hallowed Ground we know that:
There will be a Mass on the Vigil of the Ascension at the Church of Our Saviour at 6:00 (Fulfills the Obligation for Ascension Thursday).
There will be a Mass at Our Lady of Good … Continue reading
Here is an interesting perspective from Spero with my emphases and comments.
For the pope, all questions must be entertained
Much of what Pope Benedict XVI said was obscured by the media’s focus on his response to sexual abuse by clerics. The … Continue reading