Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Lorenz said The e-mail address of Pierre De Charentenay is: pi...
- Alanmac said Speaking of Jesuits, one of the most apostate is a...
- Joe in Canada said I have a question regarding the current liturgical...
- martin.c said Errata: In my previous comment, the first quote sh...
- martin.c said Although I admire Fr. Fessio’s courage and l...
- Bob Glassmeyer said Kate, very well said! I, too, genuflect out of re...
- Uxixu said A few good Jesuits but unfortunately appear to be...
- frahobbit said Bob Glassmeyer says: 29 January 2015 at 12:02 pm &...
- ad Deum said Check out recent The Remnant newspaper article on...
- Uxixu said It definitely doesn’t make sense for the new...
- Sonshine135 said Highmass, How much longer? Until we get off our hi...
- Uxixu said “Whatever about the “cumbersome” bit – and t...
- Andrew said Eurythmia est venusta species commodusque in compo...
- Sonshine135 said Pope Francis didn’t expend one word in defen...
- MrsMacD said I have a similar problem when I go to Mass in a ne...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Sounds like a good dude.
- ray from mn said If there is a large, great crucifix [not the ̶...
- Bosco said Incidentally, then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger wrote...
- Emilio said Thank Heaven that there was time in Benedict’...
- Robbie said Not too long ago, the NFL Network did a show about...
- Mike said Anyone citing “widespread damage” shou...
- Bosco said Remember this not so long ago prediction/sermon on...
- Giuseppe said I went to a church for a few years where the high...
- JesusFreak84 said I usually attend an Eastern Rite parish, and bowin...
- Traductora said Getting back to the substance of Fr Fessio’s...
- Gerard Plourde said Like Nicholas, I find that in the past year my kne...
- Magash said At the parish where I am a catechist things are tr...
- Hans said Thanks for the link, Venerator Sti Lot.
- The Masked Chicken said “Oh, BTW, Huckleberry Finn was a character,...
- juergensen said A chip off the old block. The old man was a daily...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 28 April 2008
I kind reader sent some images from the Holy Mass celebrated with the 1962 Missale Romanum according to the provisions of Summorum Pontificum at Franciscan University in Steubenville.
I am sure the students were very pleased!
I have posted this before, but it seemed appropriate to repost it today, the anniversary of the death of St. Gianna Molla in great year of 1962. It is her feast day today. This is one of the saints of … Continue reading
Whereas Card. Egan of New York has issued a press statement taking to task former NYC mayor R. Guiliani (R-NY) for receiving Communion at the Holy Father’s Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, this is from the WaPo.
For Pro-Choice Politicians, a … Continue reading
This is just in from the Archdiocese of New York! Super WDTPRS kudos to a super alert fast friend for alerting me so swiftly!
Statement of Cardinal Egan
April 28, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 28, 2008
The following is a statement issued by … Continue reading
NLM has a great find:
This bears watching as it illustrates the possibilities within the vernacular for Catholic Mass. This video was taken at the first Mass at the Sacred Music Colloquium at CUA last year. The video is long but … Continue reading
Just when you thought the DaVinci Code dopiness was settling down…. this is in from ABC News.
Was the Sistine Ceiling a Papal Insult? New Book Asks If Michelangelo Embedded Hidden Messages in the Sistine’s Frescoes
April 28, 2008—
… Continue reading
Wanna read an article typical of much of the Italian press?
Check this out.
Ignazio Ingrao of the Italian Panorama (n. 18/2008) has a strange item (my translation):
George W. Bush – The President of the United States, like Tony Blair, also about … Continue reading
There is a very interesting story at the National Catholic Register about the Holy Father’s brother Msgr. George Ratzinger. My emphases and comments.
When Your Little Brother Is the Pope
Part I of our exclusive interview with the Holy Father’s sole remaining … Continue reading
Thanks to Hallowed Ground we know that:
There will be a Mass on the Vigil of the Ascension at the Church of Our Saviour at 6:00 (Fulfills the Obligation for Ascension Thursday).
There will be a Mass at Our Lady of Good … Continue reading
Here is an interesting perspective from Spero with my emphases and comments.
For the pope, all questions must be entertained
Much of what Pope Benedict XVI said was obscured by the media’s focus on his response to sexual abuse by clerics. The … Continue reading