You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- APX said Oh wait. My bad. I forgot it’s the 21st Cent...
- APX said Great idea! If you’re up for it, why not start? I...
- BLB Oregon said Our new archbishop, while he was bishop of Marquet...
- Hank Igitur said Some EF priests won’t allow married men to s...
- ReginaMarie said Fr. Martin, True. Thank you. My prayer is that th...
- robtbrown said Mighty, Mighty, Deaconite.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, There are various places where Latin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Regina: I realize that, and I did not mean to call...
- ReginaMarie said Fr Martin Fox, True, the Church does not permit pr...
- MWindsor said I was an enlisted man in the Coast Guard. A couple...
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
- Cantor said We are blessed to have two permanent deacons in ou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Deaconite? Deaconite?” Must. Resist....
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Fr Martin Fox said Robt Brown: I dunno. Am I still a deacon? I think...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- sciencemom said Father, I second what Catholic Tech Geek said: ...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: April 2008
Wanna read an article typical of much of the Italian press?
Check this out.
Ignazio Ingrao of the Italian Panorama (n. 18/2008) has a strange item (my translation):
George W. Bush – The President of the United States, like Tony Blair, also about … Continue reading
There is a very interesting story at the National Catholic Register about the Holy Father’s brother Msgr. George Ratzinger. My emphases and comments.
When Your Little Brother Is the Pope
Part I of our exclusive interview with the Holy Father’s sole remaining … Continue reading
Thanks to Hallowed Ground we know that:
There will be a Mass on the Vigil of the Ascension at the Church of Our Saviour at 6:00 (Fulfills the Obligation for Ascension Thursday).
There will be a Mass at Our Lady of Good … Continue reading
Here is an interesting perspective from Spero with my emphases and comments.
For the pope, all questions must be entertained
Much of what Pope Benedict XVI said was obscured by the media’s focus on his response to sexual abuse by clerics. The … Continue reading
I am pretty tired right now.
My mind is flat lined.
I read, … oh how I read, … but I wonder what I am absorbing.
I write, but I wonder if anything I write makes sense.
I am mentally pretty … Continue reading
Rev. Wright is speaking at the NAACP meeting in Detroit.
He is an engaging speaker, though not great or profound. I also wasn’t terrible thrilled by his anti-Catholic comments, but… so what’s new, really. Lana caprina… if that isn’t to European … Continue reading
I posted on this issue back on 17 April, but The Tablet has it now.
Church in the World26 April 2008Peru
Cardinal bans Communion in hand
A Peruvian cardinal has banned the practice of receiving Communion in the hand in his diocese to … Continue reading
Here is part of my article for The Wanderer in which I look at a prayer in the Mass for the coming Sunday:
In the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary today’s prayer was the Collect for the Fourth Sunday after the close of … Continue reading
As familiar as I am with some dimensions of blogging, I am rather more unfamiliar with other personal networking technologies.
For example, what is TWITTER, anyway?
I got interested on knowing about this whole twitter thing because of the following CNN story:
Student … Continue reading
If you haven’t seen this from the Archbishop of Los Angeles, His Eminence Roger Card. Mahony in The Tidings. My emphases, no comment:
Published: Friday, April 25, 2008Reflection: The Pope’s Pastoral VisitBy Cardinal Roger M. Mahony
Pope Benedict XVI came as our … Continue reading