When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Dad of Six said Unfortunately, it is not Chicago, so you cannot vo...
- Geoffrey said I personally believe in being as faithful to the L...
- Joseph-Mary said My parish will not do baptisms during Mass during...
- RobS said That answer should be read from every pulpit. Wel...
- JamesM said I personally say Ghost as a first instinct but I w...
- Dafyd said I’ve on (extremely rare) occasion seen a bis...
- Boniface said That is a poorly-written article. Sadly, not atypi...
- mburn16 said The great tragedy of America’s existence is...
- Boniface said This is one of the few extra-legal issues relating...
- russlem said What a great answer!
- HyacinthClare said Just voted not only no, but !!!! no…
- Nicholas said New Sister, I understand what you are saying and...
- New Sister said Nicolas – it should be a NO vote.
- Deacon Augustine said While the word “ghost” is related to t...
- Priam1184 said The bigger issue here is not the hospital privileg...
- Nicholas said It may be because I am on my phone, but I saw no p...
- tzabiega said Point is simple for everyone, even the pro-abortio...
- Giuseppe said I’d rather picture the 3rd person as a Ghost...
- pelerin said What a pity the Bad Vestment blog appears to be fi...
- Carolina Geo said I grew up hearing and using “Holy SpiritR...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I believe the link is corrected. Let me know if t...
- Giuseppe said Whoops – didn’t see Father Z’s c...
- JPK said When I think of Ghost, I think of ancient monaster...
- pelerin said If anyone needs cheering up after viewing the excr...
- TomMM said Our parish rotates thru several different booklets...
- anilwang said @kiwiinamerica, What truly rotten fruit last Octob...
- baseballmom said Let us not forget that all of these… What do...
- Tarcissian Tendency said The greater may always do the lesser, but quite wh...
- APX said I use “spirit” because that was what I...
- Fr Martin Fox said My stance on this is this: nothing forbids baptism...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 4 May 2008
With a tip of the biretta to te Cafeteria:
From the IHT
A Roman Catholic bishop said Sunday that the church has officially recognized that the Virgin Mary appeared to a teenage shepherd girl in the French Alps starting in the mid-1600s.
The … Continue reading
This is in from Space Weather:
ETA AQUARID METEOR SHOWER: If you see a meteor flit across the sky tonight, it could be a piece of Halley’s Comet. Earth is crossing a stream of dusty debris from Halley and this is … Continue reading
Pretty often the "pastor’s page" of parish a parish bulletin offers pretty thin gruel indeed.
At times, however, they can be a truly useful tool. Take for example what went on via the bulletin in Greenville!
Then there is the weekly offering … Continue reading
You all might want to go check out the new blog about the TLM at Lourdes called… wait for it…
Oddly, I have never been to Lourdes, and this gives me greater incentive to visit.
This blog seems to be mostly … Continue reading
Now this is a seriously festive chair!
The Holy Father went to the Basilica Liberiana for a recitation of the Holy Rosary (it’s May, after all).
He also had on a great stole over his white "paschaltide" mozzetta.
Here is Papa … Continue reading
Great news from California came by e-mail:
The pastor of St. Margaret’s, Fr. Cavanna Wallace, announced at today’s morning Mass that, beginning tonight, the 6:00 PM Sunday Mass will be offered in the Extraordinary Form (1962 Missal).
The last few months, he … Continue reading
This in from Time. Let’s see what is going on, with my emphases and comments.
Saturday, May. 03, 2008Is Liberal Catholicism Dead?By David Van Biema
He may not have been thinking about it at the time, but Pope Benedict, in the course … Continue reading
The great Camillo Card. Ruini, one of the pivotal figures in the Italian Church’s recovery of her voice in the public square and close collaborator of the late John Paul II and now Benedict XVI, is retiring soon from his … Continue reading
An alert WDTPRSer, our friend Henry, caught an interesting comment in an article from CNA on the new DVD being made by the FSSP – which I haven’t seen yet and therefore reserve comment about.
Let’s take a look the comments … Continue reading
This is in from the Daily Mail:
Gregorian chanting ‘can reduce blood pressure and stress’
Last updated at 16:03pm on 2nd May 2008
Stress levels could be reduced simply by participating in some Gregorian chanting, researchers claimed today.
Dr Alan Watkins, a senior lecturer … Continue reading