You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says, So, redemption is for all...
- Raylan Alleman said This could well be applied to dads toward their fa...
- Cosmos said The Church has always thought that purposefully co...
- Bob B. said Francis (and Benedict before him) ask all to pray...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Hi folks. As everyone knows, it takes far more tim...
- JabbaPapa said We have been blessed with an extraordinary success...
- Mary Jane said Obviously it is baptism that makes a person Cathol...
- Joe in Canada said and as Jesuit, May 24 would be significant to him...
- StWinefride said Pope Francis: “that we might return to the f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Sometimes people will complain, why do our bishops...
- Fredi D'Alessio said “This book keeps you needing to read from it...
- pseudomodo said Redemption vs Salvation 1. I buy hockey tickets f...
- Eugene said simply beautiful and moving…I am so impresse...
- Ralph said I have not been able to wrap my mind around Franci...
- ACS67 said The Holy Father said nothing wrong. It is not sur...
- The Masked Chicken said There is a subtle distinction that needs to be mad...
- AV8R61 said Being married to an Orthodox woman, here are two c...
- ronconte said Pope John Paul II: “Since Christ brings about salv...
- cwillia1 said Interestingly, the canon law of the eastern church...
- Om messefeiringen – vende seg mot folket eller mot Gud » EN KATOLSK WEBLOG said [...] leste dette først hos Father Z, og på hans b...
- RMT said I just got word that my masters thesis was accepte...
- Imrahil said The Rev’d Fr Jim is on the right track…...
- Nan said @PatricusOenius, Do you know the difference betwee...
- Debating Desire - Big Pulpit said [...] Hell Am I Doing? – TiberEye An Atheist...
- sciencemom said PS Lovely photo! And thanks, Chicken, for the link...
- sciencemom said Fr Z writes: Sometimes I consider why the visible...
- Giuseppe said To quote an old priest I knew: “The Church i...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow!...
- WesleyD said “The Blood of Christ redeems everyone.”...
- Woody said I was on a cruise, at my wife’s request, a c...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 6 May 2008
Many thanks to RED of SD for the CD of Theodore Dubois: The Seven Last Words of Christ along with Mendelssohn’s Hear My Prayer.
I appreciate this tokens from my amazon wish list. Thank you all for your kindness.
PENG … Continue reading
Some of my past entires on the Swearing of the Swiss Guard:
The Holy Father’s address in his audience for the new recruits:
care Guardie Svizzere e gentili familiari!
In occasione dell’annuale cerimonia del giuramento, che avrà luogo domani, sono lieto di … Continue reading
Three U.S. prelates given Vatican slots by Benedict XVI
Vatican City, May 6, 2008 / 11:03 am (CNA).- Today Pope Benedict appointed members to the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts and the Congregation for the Clergy. Among the appointees are two … Continue reading
The Catholic Herald has a fascinating article by our friend the persistent interviewer extraordinaire Anna Arco:
Anglicans must choose between Protestantism and tradition, says Vatican By Anna Arco 6 May 2008
The Vatican has said that the time has come for … Continue reading
Apparently people are starting to notice the article in Time (which we posted here already on Sunday).
Time: Benedict may have killed off American Catholic liberalism
And so, I am left scratching my head a little.
Some have noticed that Pope Benedict … Continue reading
This question came in from e-mail:
Father, I thought you might be some aid here. We had a person today at Mass unable to receive even a low gluten Host, so she needed a separate "mini chalice". Since the Mass was … Continue reading
News from my e-mail:
I thought your readers out west might like to know that since last December a Low Mass in the Extraordinary Form has been offered monthly by Father Gerard G. Steckler, SJ, pastor of St. Anthony’s Catholic Church … Continue reading
Do you remember the very weird story that came from the Diocese of Gaylord some time ago?
Last August, it was announced that all Masses in the Diocese of Gaylord must be in English. So, much for the Summorum Pontificum, right? … Continue reading
This question came via e-mail. I am against pressed for time, so I will let you all take care of it.
Good question, though!
Please help, if you deem this question worthy of a broader audience.
The priest who celebrates the extraordinary … Continue reading