Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Scott W. says: What say you? I say this is about w...
- incredulous said Father Z, I just learned from your combox that Ol...
- muerknz said This New Zealander is with the Australian and the...
- incredulous said Sorry, the 223 travels at about 2000 mph, not 6200...
- incredulous said The gun control debate again… yawn. Actual...
- Elizium23 said I think I can accurately describe the split betwee...
- Michael said Incredible video. Purely incredible.
- Scott W. said Tangentially related if you don’t mind: ever...
- incredulous said You’re making fun of your Everglades constit...
- Gregorius said Gratias ago tibi pater. Litturae sententiaeque dif...
- defreitas said This is an interesting occurrence non the less. I...
- Michael said Not only did the priest actually preach about sin...
- mburn16 said Our reading and sermon today were delivered by a l...
- Brooklyn said I’m sorry, Father, but I didn’t see yo...
- Brooklyn said One last post, Father, and I promise not to clog u...
- mamajen said hmm…reading through what I just wrote, I mad...
- mamajen said We were at a different parish this week as we were...
- jhayes said Jflare, please see my comment of. 8 March at 12:27...
- Tom in NY said Ad iucundum: nil nisi bonum de mortuis. Salutation...
- rbbadger said I was raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latt...
- Priam1184 said Good move Father. If one is going to depend on an...
- Priam1184 said So wait Father does this mean that I can go to Fra...
- Chon said Arele: Here’s a sign of hope for you, in cas...
- Archbishop Sample Pontifical Mass Homily | East Idaho Latin Mass said [...] http://wdtprs.com/blog/2014/03/video-sermon-...
- TWF said Like my Australian brother above, as a Canadian I...
- Chon said Isclerkin: Yes, true. I think there are a lot of...
- Chon said It seems to me that the schismatic groups didnR...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said ALL: I removed the shoe-talk rabbit hole as being...
- Elizabeth M said Liz: Here, here! A little trick we use for the kid...
- momoften said Thank you for posting this Father, I enjoyed it im...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 6 May 2008
Many thanks to RED of SD for the CD of Theodore Dubois: The Seven Last Words of Christ along with Mendelssohn’s Hear My Prayer.
I appreciate this tokens from my amazon wish list. Thank you all for your kindness.
PENG … Continue reading
Some of my past entires on the Swearing of the Swiss Guard:
The Holy Father’s address in his audience for the new recruits:
care Guardie Svizzere e gentili familiari!
In occasione dell’annuale cerimonia del giuramento, che avrà luogo domani, sono lieto di … Continue reading
Three U.S. prelates given Vatican slots by Benedict XVI
Vatican City, May 6, 2008 / 11:03 am (CNA).- Today Pope Benedict appointed members to the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts and the Congregation for the Clergy. Among the appointees are two … Continue reading
The Catholic Herald has a fascinating article by our friend the persistent interviewer extraordinaire Anna Arco:
Anglicans must choose between Protestantism and tradition, says Vatican By Anna Arco 6 May 2008
The Vatican has said that the time has come for … Continue reading
Apparently people are starting to notice the article in Time (which we posted here already on Sunday).
Time: Benedict may have killed off American Catholic liberalism
And so, I am left scratching my head a little.
Some have noticed that Pope Benedict … Continue reading
This question came in from e-mail:
Father, I thought you might be some aid here. We had a person today at Mass unable to receive even a low gluten Host, so she needed a separate "mini chalice". Since the Mass was … Continue reading
News from my e-mail:
I thought your readers out west might like to know that since last December a Low Mass in the Extraordinary Form has been offered monthly by Father Gerard G. Steckler, SJ, pastor of St. Anthony’s Catholic Church … Continue reading
Do you remember the very weird story that came from the Diocese of Gaylord some time ago?
Last August, it was announced that all Masses in the Diocese of Gaylord must be in English. So, much for the Summorum Pontificum, right? … Continue reading
This question came via e-mail. I am against pressed for time, so I will let you all take care of it.
Good question, though!
Please help, if you deem this question worthy of a broader audience.
The priest who celebrates the extraordinary … Continue reading