Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- FrankWalshingham said Of course sanctuary lamps are supposed to be red!...
- spock said That’s God’s country Father Z. I woul...
- Facta Non Verba said Those dastardly White Sox are always trouble!
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z that is the same Nuns on the Bus sticker I ga...
- Norah said Father, I have always understood that the Stations...
- wilky said Father, In ‘The Ceremonies of the Roman Rite...
- Eric said Ryan had a couple if inches and at least 30 lbs on...
- jfk03 said I love baseball
- TopSully said Nolan Ryan was one of the best pitchers of all tim...
- Matt R said The veil and lamp together is my favorite custom....
- Andrew Saucci said When I took my friends to see the cathedral in New...
- DanW said Glad you made it down to my neck of the woods. So...
- pannw said Stilicho, I am so sorry to hear that. Memphis is...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Mazzuchelli was a tremendous witness to the Sac...
- tioedong said Racism alert! all the people shown on the leaflet...
- Father P said I tend to use a slow and prayerful interior “...
- stilicho said May Sean rest in peace. He was a good man and a f...
- vetusta ecclesia said I went to Ex. Form Mass and the preacher spoke on...
- Toan said Yeah, I would love to see the source of the “...
- Mary said Have you read the novel Fr. Elijah by Michael O...
- Dennis Martin said DonL Your insouciance is troubling. Look, we are...
- Johnny Domer said So they’re looking for “fresh perspect...
- hmf10 said I can’t wait until we all get to Heaven one...
- Andrew_81 said Did you choose the area to visit Fr Mazzucchelli...
- MrsMacD said Wow. Everybody has an opinion on this. Me too, I...
- Pnkn said Hello Nicolas B. – You might write: adopted...
- Elizabeth D said What a great idea! I approve! I have never been ab...
- Fr. Lovell said Padre, I do hope you stop in Galena. Fr. Mazzucc...
- DonL said “The Sanger quote needs to be verified…...
- Northern Ox said For what it’s worth, I think the vote was 53...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL (44)
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12 (26)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood (19)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (17)
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS (17)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (12)
- What I’m dealing with today (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Anniversary! (HINT: Nolan Ryan)
- ASK FATHER: Color of sanctuary lamp
- My View For Awhile: Mazzucchelli Edition
- Our Lady of the Clergy
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12
- Catholic League on the publicly funded hate speech in Milwaukee
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Memphis officer slain
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Las Cruces, NM: Bombs set off at Catholic and Baptist churches
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 6 May 2008
Many thanks to RED of SD for the CD of Theodore Dubois: The Seven Last Words of Christ along with Mendelssohn’s Hear My Prayer. I appreciate this tokens from my amazon wish list. Thank you all for your kindness. PENG … Continue reading
Some of my past entires on the Swearing of the Swiss Guard: here here here sample The Holy Father’s address in his audience for the new recruits: Signor Comandante, care Guardie Svizzere e gentili familiari! In occasione dell’annuale cerimonia … Continue reading
News Three U.S. prelates given Vatican slots by Benedict XVI Vatican City, May 6, 2008 / 11:03 am (CNA).- Today Pope Benedict appointed members to the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts and the Congregation for the Clergy. Among the appointees … Continue reading
The Catholic Herald has a fascinating article by our friend the persistent interviewer extraordinaire Anna Arco: Anglicans must choose between Protestantism and tradition, says Vatican By Anna Arco 6 May 2008 The Vatican has said that the time has come … Continue reading
Apparently people are starting to notice the article in Time (which we posted here already on Sunday). Time: Benedict may have killed off American Catholic liberalism And so, I am left scratching my head a little. Some have noticed that … Continue reading
This question came in from e-mail: Father, I thought you might be some aid here. We had a person today at Mass unable to receive even a low gluten Host, so she needed a separate "mini chalice". Since the Mass … Continue reading
News from my e-mail: I thought your readers out west might like to know that since last December a Low Mass in the Extraordinary Form has been offered monthly by Father Gerard G. Steckler, SJ, pastor of St. Anthony’s Catholic … Continue reading
Do you remember the very weird story that came from the Diocese of Gaylord some time ago? Last August, it was announced that all Masses in the Diocese of Gaylord must be in English. So, much for the Summorum Pontificum, … Continue reading