Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- profling said I just thought, if the Church can’t find new...
- pannw said @OrthodoxChick, The Three Days of Darkness is a pr...
- eiggam said Now I know why the waving flag has been back in yo...
- Andkaras said Banshee-who needs asteroid “smacky things...
- Chon said Scarlet Ibis is what they look like to me.
- OrthodoxChick said boxerpaws1952, What is the 3 days of darkness? Ne...
- boxerpaws1952 said not to go too far off topic but a question. I was...
- OrthodoxChick said OK, I realize that it has been almost 2 decades si...
- Elizabeth R said And via Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/ChapSti...
- acardnal said There’s quite a variety of Chapstick flavors...
- Supertradmum said May God give you rest and tons of energy for your...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Some people who don’t self edit have chosen...
- anna 6 said “constant” barrage … auto correc
- Robbie said This story really upsets me. Among the hierarchy,...
- RJHighland said I loved the Star Trek episode about the planet tha...
- anna 6 said I can’t help it, but when I read this contra...
- Maynardus said “Hello, St. Bozo’s, Father Happy speak...
- Vecchio di Londra said “Taking the Sacrament” is a British English way of...
- kpoterack said Thank you, Jacobi, well said! Digital Catholic, I...
- Long-Skirts said “Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy but...
- tcreek said I have “had” 7 previous popes and cann...
- robtbrown said I have to wonder whether Papa Bergoglio gave the w...
- digitalcatholic said When I was in a youth group in high school, we pla...
- jacobi said Father, Yes, the usual distorted reporting for hea...
- Ganganelli said I think there is some real fire behind this smoke...
- PA mom said Prayers for all of you. It makes me realize how &...
- boxerpaws1952 said Otto,Peter denied Jesus 3x but Jesus still gave Hi...
- snoozie said Fr. Z, if, and I say a big IF this is true (and h...
- HeatherPA said Asking St. Joseph’s intercession for OP and...
- Gaetano said From a legal perspective, the Facebook post is ...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 51: Easter Thursday – You who arrive only at the eleventh hour
- My View For Awhile: Meandering to Roma – Part 2
- Confusion in Telegraph story about Francis and divorce/remarriage
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 22 May 2008
Just when I thought Mr. Oriole was being elusive.
Mr. Oriole has a sweet beak. He likes what Hummingbirds get and goes after slices of oranges.
The Mourning Doves are getting ready to make more Mourning Doves.
Mr. Pewee has a nice juicy … Continue reading
I received this question:
For the funeral of a cleric, I know that the body is dressed in the liturgical vesture proper to their order and rank. Does this include a particular color for the vestments or is it what ever … Continue reading
During the Holy Father’s Corpus Christi Mass, the Holy Father gave Communion only to people kneeling at a kneeler set up before him.
This is a very interesting development.
The Holy Father has been trying to provoke conversation and a … Continue reading
The Holy Father is celebrating the Mass of Corpus Christi in Rome.
Remember… today is Corpus Christi, not Sunday, in the traditional Roman calendar.
His sermon, in Italian.
There will be a procession with the Blessed … Continue reading
Please pray for Fr. McAfee, a frequent commenter here. A reader wrote to let us know that he had a stroke.
"So, how are things at the feeder these days?"
Glad you asked.
Here are a few of the latest pix.
We know him very well now. This is Mr. Indigo Bunting. We saw the Missus the other day, but she is rarely spotted. … Continue reading
This from the Italian Panorama.
Farewell to big time Masses – The Pope to place limit celebrations
No more big "show" Masses: The Pope want to put the brakes on huge concelebrations with hundreds of priests, often far from the altar, … Continue reading
Folks, I think there are some technical problems with the server today.
I am getting reports that something is wrong with the combox.
I am also having problems with my e-mail.
It might take a while to work this out.
Here is a snapshot from the last 10 minutes or so of some places where readers are. Keep in mind that the locations are approximate. I cut out some that say simply "Germany", or "Unkown".
Cheltenham, Gloucesters… Minneapolis, Minnesota Washington, District … Continue reading