Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Suzanne Carl said Beef brisket! Slow smoked and roasted until the f...
- vetusta ecclesia said There is a case can be made for this rite to be re...
- JustaSinner said Can we trade Pelosi to the Episcopalians for a pla...
- Vecchio di Londra said Perhaps I’m being cynical here, but I can se...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Pizza piena (an Italian meat, egg, & cheeses p...
- acardnal said jhayes quoted Jimmy Akin as follow:, “51. Th...
- pj_houston said Well, how is this any worse than our bishops using...
- tealady24 said Pelosi says she received a rosary blessed by Pope...
- acardnal said jhayes reported, “Cardinal O’Malley said he...
- GOR said I don’t think there’s much humility evident here....
- Legisperitus said Even when she smiles she looks tormented.
- southern orders said Pope Benedict in his liturgical “Magisterium...
- Ambrose Jnr said Dear OrthodoxChick, Your 2nd comment on Pelosi is...
- asperges said Let us not beat about the bush: as long as we have...
- SPWang said Interesting to note that before 1955 the washing o...
- Philippa Martyr said I can answer that question, Sonshine135. My paris...
- Priam1184 said Get rid of it. Plain and simple. Get rid of the f...
- BillyHW said How refreshing it is to hear about a bishop with t...
- Polycarpio said SW85, you make the point cogently and coherently....
- jhayes said MattR wrote: It only “clicked” with me recently th...
- sw85 said @ Polycarpio– “The problem with the pr...
- jhayes said [Sorry, but... so what? Really? So what?] The trad...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said First, thank you for forthrightly addressing the i...
- Sword40 said God Bless Bishop Morlino AND Fr. Z. Our FSSP Holy...
- frjim4321 said [But... that's not the way it ought to be. Gregory...
- RobertK said I read an article yesterday from Fr. Dwight who al...
- Lori Pieper said Matt_R writes: It only “clicked” with me recently...
- Supertradmum said Did not get to Thursday Mass in my parish, but fri...
- frjim4321 said I can get fairly well invested in this kind of dis...
- AuroraChristina said Sacred Heart of Jesus South Euclid, Ohio: Our very...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 22 May 2008
Just when I thought Mr. Oriole was being elusive.
Mr. Oriole has a sweet beak. He likes what Hummingbirds get and goes after slices of oranges.
The Mourning Doves are getting ready to make more Mourning Doves.
Mr. Pewee has a nice juicy … Continue reading
I received this question:
For the funeral of a cleric, I know that the body is dressed in the liturgical vesture proper to their order and rank. Does this include a particular color for the vestments or is it what ever … Continue reading
During the Holy Father’s Corpus Christi Mass, the Holy Father gave Communion only to people kneeling at a kneeler set up before him.
This is a very interesting development.
The Holy Father has been trying to provoke conversation and a … Continue reading
The Holy Father is celebrating the Mass of Corpus Christi in Rome.
Remember… today is Corpus Christi, not Sunday, in the traditional Roman calendar.
His sermon, in Italian.
There will be a procession with the Blessed … Continue reading
Please pray for Fr. McAfee, a frequent commenter here. A reader wrote to let us know that he had a stroke.
"So, how are things at the feeder these days?"
Glad you asked.
Here are a few of the latest pix.
We know him very well now. This is Mr. Indigo Bunting. We saw the Missus the other day, but she is rarely spotted. … Continue reading
This from the Italian Panorama.
Farewell to big time Masses – The Pope to place limit celebrations
No more big "show" Masses: The Pope want to put the brakes on huge concelebrations with hundreds of priests, often far from the altar, … Continue reading
Folks, I think there are some technical problems with the server today.
I am getting reports that something is wrong with the combox.
I am also having problems with my e-mail.
It might take a while to work this out.
Here is a snapshot from the last 10 minutes or so of some places where readers are. Keep in mind that the locations are approximate. I cut out some that say simply "Germany", or "Unkown".
Cheltenham, Gloucesters… Minneapolis, Minnesota Washington, District … Continue reading