Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- The Masked Chicken said “So, when the woman dies, can another man de...
- The Masked Chicken said “Errr, didn’t I correct myself or does that...
- Chon said Sword40, just to let you know, Holy Rosary has had...
- SteelBiretta said If you’re ever in New Orleans, you can, on t...
- amenamen said “It’s not you. It’s me.” S...
- The Masked Chicken said “Feel free to yell at me O Floridian faithfu...
- mschu528 said Heading south for a proper Lenten alligator dinner...
- kat said This was very enjoyable to watch. Thank you Fathe...
- VexillaRegis said Volanges et al, thanks for the info! Alligator see...
- incredulous said The Masked Chicken says: 10 March 2014 at 11:42 am...
- Paulo said Coming a little late to the combox, but I thought...
- Langsey said It will be interesting when she asks for a divorce...
- The Masked Chicken said “And yet there is a striking dearth of citat...
- lucy said Prayers sent your way. I will offer all the pain...
- Tony McGough said Our sermon consisted of a lenten pastoral letter f...
- Sword40 said Portland has the foundations of developing a great...
- Patti Day said The most impressive point for me is that the befor...
- Ed the Roman said you will never know the answer to the question, “d...
- The Masked Chicken said “Further, a 223 round weights approximately...
- Dr. Lee Fratantuono said And yet there is a striking dearth of citations in...
- Henry Edwards said jflare, I don’t think “Save the liturg...
- The Masked Chicken said Well, look on the bright side – there will,...
- Bob B. said @robtbrown: No, I went to Salina HS. Sometime dur...
- marthawrites said We visited a church in western PA yesterday for Ma...
- Michael said Yes, unfortunately these past two mornings I have...
- jameeka said Fr Z–I like your version of “opusR...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said The first syllable receives the stress in English.
- pannw said Man was made to be free. It was so important to G...
- Nicholas Shaler said So my dad and I were discussing something, and. I...
- SKAY said Prayers both for your health and safety and also...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: May 2008
I received a question from a reader…. a very long, convoluted question (please keep them short or I just can’t wade through them), and so I edited it:
Dear Fr. Z, In my home parish we are trying to get some … Continue reading
Prayer for Priests
Lord Jesus, present in the Most Blessed Sacrament,and living perpetually among us through Your Priests,grant that the words of Your Priests may be only Your words,that their gestures be only Your gestures,and that their lives be a true … Continue reading
Vatican Congregation for the Clergy Theme for World Day of Prayer for the Sanctification of Priests May 30, 2008 by Cardinal Claudio Hummes
Reverend and dear Brothers in the Priesthood, On the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus let us fix the … Continue reading
DECREE ON CELEBRATION OF THE CONVERSION OF ST. PAUL
VATICAN CITY, 30 MAY 2008 (VIS) – The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments today published a decree authorising the celebration, on 25 January 2009, of Mass for … Continue reading
I’ll begin putting up some images. Comments to follow.
Let it be said that I am grateful grateful grateful that they simply broadcast the live feed, without commentary over it!
Thank you EWTN. Thank you!
First, I don’t think … Continue reading
Holy Church doesn’t promulgate laws about censures simply for the heck of it. There is long experience behind censures. Laws have theological grounding.
The tougher censures are applied when the matter concerns something closer to the heart of who and what … Continue reading
Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
General DecreeOn the delict of attempted sacred ordination of a woman
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, in virtue of the special faculty granted to it by the Supreme Authority of the Church … Continue reading
Taking a hint from a recent entry, this is in from our WDTPRS photoshoper Vincenzo:
Spring at the Sabine Farm seems at last to be in full swing, though the nights are still very chilly indeed.
The Red Bellied Woodpecker is getting some high nutrition snacks from the suet cage.
… Continue reading
People often use the word "schism" to describe the irregular situation of the bishops and priests of the SSPX. They have reason to. In his 1988 Motu Proprio Ecclesia Dei adflicta, Pope John Paul II used the word "schism".
Today, … Continue reading