Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Deus Vult said I’m just happy I can go to Mass, as at Chris...
- mschu528 said And a perfect time to be thankful for His Holiness...
- danhorse said Thanks for the nice post, Fr. Z. Happy Easter. God...
- anna 6 said God bless our dear, sweet, Benedict XVI. May he ha...
- lsclerkin said Father, http://www.naturalnews.com/044758_coffee_c...
- HighMass said P.S. MOST of the Mass (Fathers Parts were Chanted)...
- HighMass said Michaelus says: Michaelus speaking of Portland, Or...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- Urs said BTW… These were UNDOCUMENTED immigrants̷...
- AVL said I had never heard of Tenebrae until now, so I look...
- Julian Barkin said “Msgr. Rudolph Bandas has been a peritus at...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said excalibur: You are welcome.
- AV8R61 said My wife is Romanian and she makes Easter eggs colo...
- amsjj1002 said What a beautiful day that was! I’ve known...
- UncleBlobb said Thank you very much for all these LentcaZts, Fathe...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said “And one more thing.”–Lt. Columb...
- excalibur said I found a great pastrami sandwich …. So that...
- Charles E Flynn said How Dante Saved My Life: A midlife crisis is cured...
- Bea said Ah, masked chicken, I know how you feel. Since all...
- Michaelus said I will never forget it. I was on vacation in Port...
- pannw said I wish we could all have a huge party so I could t...
- acardnal said I am so grateful to Pope Benedict XVI for what he...
- Maria said I often thank God how bless I am for having known...
- djc said After mass we have a baked Ham, Cheddar Cheese and...
- Denis Crnkovic said I (we) used to have traditions many decades ago, n...
- Tina in Ashburn said aww Father. Glad you got a moment of peace. The ar...
- Priam1184 said Still in New York Father? When are you off to Rom...
- Robbie said I remember that day so well. Although JPI and JPI...
- Supertradmum said iepuras, Congratulations and welcome aboard! Maske...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: May 2008
I received a question from a reader…. a very long, convoluted question (please keep them short or I just can’t wade through them), and so I edited it:
Dear Fr. Z, In my home parish we are trying to get some … Continue reading
Prayer for Priests
Lord Jesus, present in the Most Blessed Sacrament,and living perpetually among us through Your Priests,grant that the words of Your Priests may be only Your words,that their gestures be only Your gestures,and that their lives be a true … Continue reading
Vatican Congregation for the Clergy Theme for World Day of Prayer for the Sanctification of Priests May 30, 2008 by Cardinal Claudio Hummes
Reverend and dear Brothers in the Priesthood, On the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus let us fix the … Continue reading
DECREE ON CELEBRATION OF THE CONVERSION OF ST. PAUL
VATICAN CITY, 30 MAY 2008 (VIS) – The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments today published a decree authorising the celebration, on 25 January 2009, of Mass for … Continue reading
I’ll begin putting up some images. Comments to follow.
Let it be said that I am grateful grateful grateful that they simply broadcast the live feed, without commentary over it!
Thank you EWTN. Thank you!
First, I don’t think … Continue reading
Holy Church doesn’t promulgate laws about censures simply for the heck of it. There is long experience behind censures. Laws have theological grounding.
The tougher censures are applied when the matter concerns something closer to the heart of who and what … Continue reading
Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
General DecreeOn the delict of attempted sacred ordination of a woman
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, in virtue of the special faculty granted to it by the Supreme Authority of the Church … Continue reading
Taking a hint from a recent entry, this is in from our WDTPRS photoshoper Vincenzo:
Spring at the Sabine Farm seems at last to be in full swing, though the nights are still very chilly indeed.
The Red Bellied Woodpecker is getting some high nutrition snacks from the suet cage.
… Continue reading
People often use the word "schism" to describe the irregular situation of the bishops and priests of the SSPX. They have reason to. In his 1988 Motu Proprio Ecclesia Dei adflicta, Pope John Paul II used the word "schism".
Today, … Continue reading