"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- AndyMo said I’m probably just missing something, but cou...
- acardnal said Susan Tassone has written many, MANY books on Purg...
- robtbrown said Giuseppe says: And Rachel, Cantor, and Polycarpio:...
- robtbrown said Polycarpio says: In the law, we have this concept...
- Mojoron said During our process of Annulment, we had unbelievab...
- Grumpy Beggar said It’s all GOOD when we pray for the holy soul...
- KateD said I found it. Our Lord told St. Gertrude the Great,...
- KateD said What is the prayer that releases 1,000 souls from...
- Nancy D. said Thank you, Holy Father Benedict, for exposing The...
- Nancy D. said Thank you, Holy Father Benedict, for exposing The...
- robtbrown said The talk about Nutella inspired me, so I bought so...
- Nancy D. said kpoterack, with all due respect, why would any Fai...
- Nancy D. said I was surprised that in the recent Synod, in regar...
- Legisperitus said Barbara Reynolds is still alive??!?!? I read her (...
- robtbrown said Should read: As you know, despite the Swiss loca...
- kpoterack said Toan wrote: “On 52, I wonder what a vote of...
- Giuseppe said And Rachel, Cantor, and Polycarpio: technically,...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Interesting that in 55 “orientamento omosess...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Sunshine135, I see that the Italian translated ...
- Giuseppe said Rachel K, you can always pray for a specific perso...
- Cantor said Rachel K – Almost the same question I have....
- Rob22 said For converts out there just a heads up. Ross Douth...
- MarkJ said Since All Souls’ Day is November 2 in the OF...
- Sonshine135 said Needed this after seeing the tribulations our mili...
- acricketchirps said To turn around Joe’s question, will those at...
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I laughed at the toddler remark! You should...
- Rachel K said I like this opportunity very much. It’s a ch...
- Polycarpio said In the law, we have this concept: a “closed...
- Giuseppe said Gotta love a “Reformation Day” post on...
- KM Edwards said One last comment. I can surmise that many on this...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! All Souls’ Day Indulgences.
- My View For Awhile – Heading Home Edition
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: May 2008
I received a question from a reader…. a very long, convoluted question (please keep them short or I just can’t wade through them), and so I edited it:
Dear Fr. Z, In my home parish we are trying to get some … Continue reading
Prayer for Priests
Lord Jesus, present in the Most Blessed Sacrament,and living perpetually among us through Your Priests,grant that the words of Your Priests may be only Your words,that their gestures be only Your gestures,and that their lives be a true … Continue reading
Vatican Congregation for the Clergy Theme for World Day of Prayer for the Sanctification of Priests May 30, 2008 by Cardinal Claudio Hummes
Reverend and dear Brothers in the Priesthood, On the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus let us fix the … Continue reading
DECREE ON CELEBRATION OF THE CONVERSION OF ST. PAUL
VATICAN CITY, 30 MAY 2008 (VIS) – The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments today published a decree authorising the celebration, on 25 January 2009, of Mass for … Continue reading
I’ll begin putting up some images. Comments to follow.
Let it be said that I am grateful grateful grateful that they simply broadcast the live feed, without commentary over it!
Thank you EWTN. Thank you!
First, I don’t think … Continue reading
Holy Church doesn’t promulgate laws about censures simply for the heck of it. There is long experience behind censures. Laws have theological grounding.
The tougher censures are applied when the matter concerns something closer to the heart of who and what … Continue reading
Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
General DecreeOn the delict of attempted sacred ordination of a woman
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, in virtue of the special faculty granted to it by the Supreme Authority of the Church … Continue reading
Taking a hint from a recent entry, this is in from our WDTPRS photoshoper Vincenzo:
Spring at the Sabine Farm seems at last to be in full swing, though the nights are still very chilly indeed.
The Red Bellied Woodpecker is getting some high nutrition snacks from the suet cage.
… Continue reading
People often use the word "schism" to describe the irregular situation of the bishops and priests of the SSPX. They have reason to. In his 1988 Motu Proprio Ecclesia Dei adflicta, Pope John Paul II used the word "schism".
Today, … Continue reading