When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- JonPatrick said Maybe the Pope recognizes that this outcome is mer...
- Orphrey said Did I miss something, or did the Pope say nothing...
- Vox clamantis in deserto said Congratulations, Father! By the way, one of the pr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said gaudete & CharlesG, Thank you for the links wi...
- Subdeacon Joseph K. said It’s great to point these things out, but re...
- gaudete said The official press release of the German Bishops...
- CharlesG said The indispensable Edward Pentin had a somewhat mor...
- The Masked Chicken said I would like to ask for prayers. I am going throu...
- Gerard Plourde said Prayers and best wishes on your anniversary. May t...
- gramma10 said Check out if you have time: History of Substance A...
- Kathleen10 said Who said “God put limits on man’s inte...
- WYMiriam said Dear Oklahoma priest, thank you so very much for d...
- WYMiriam said Blessings on your head, Father Z, on this special...
- gramma10 said God will not be mocked!
- Darrin said I fear the outcome in Ireland is an example of thi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said More information from someone quoted in the Guardi...
- pjthom81 said I was trying to look at the challenges in the US a...
- benedetta said I don’t think anyone here will ever disagree...
- Archicantor said Agreed 100%, Suburbanbanshee. And unfortunately,...
- Bea said CONGRATULATIONS, FATHER 24 Years and what a day it...
- Philippa Martyr said “24 today, 24 today, he’s got the keys...
- Venerator Sti Lot said discens writes, “In fact, morally speaking,...
- Dr. Eric said Happy Anniversary, Fr. Z! Ad Multos Annos!
- Fr_Sotelo said You have fought the good fight. You have run the r...
- Giuseppe said Here’s the best analysis of the decreased pe...
- Venerator Sti Lot said KateD, A fearful thought, tinkering with the gene...
- Venerator Sti Lot said For some more Echternach, here is a documentary, “...
- Nancy D. said Denying that God Is The Author of Love, Life, and...
- Elizabeth R said Ad multos annos!
- iPadre said Ad multos annos Pater Zed!
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 16 June 2008
His Hermeneuticalness in action.
Here is one of my favorites.
Cappas…. we need more cappas.
More cappas, less prattle.
See more photos here.
It is important to keep this in plain sight for a while.
Damian Thompson has a piece on his blog about Card. Castrillon Hoyos’ words in London recently.
My emphases and comments.
Traditional Mass for ‘all the parishes’
Posted … Continue reading
Pope Benedict has not only given us Summorum Pontificum to derestrict the Traditional pre-Conciliar Mass, not only given his own Diocese of Rome a personal parish, not only begun a movement to rethink ad orientem worship and the use of … Continue reading
Over at Vox Cantor we have the news that His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas Christopher Collins ordained a deacon for the Oratory in his Archdiocese of Toronto.
He celebrated Holy Mass ad orientem.
For more photos go here.
Stories like this were unthinkable … Continue reading
News from Western Canada:
To be somewhat cliche, I’m a long time reader first time "emailer".
As of July 1st the FSSP community will finally be getting their own church building, Deo Gratias!
I take this excerpt … Continue reading
Everyone: You might check the left side bar for a link about the pilgrimage to Rome I am going to be helping out in November.
I got a not today that the early registration rate might still be available.
I got a question via e-mail:
Hi Fr Z,
I have a liturgical question. What are the rules/customs regarding the different coloured soutanes worn by altar servers. A discussion (revolving around my upcoming nuptials) I am having at the moment is regarding … Continue reading
In case any of you in or near Pisa, Italy are leaning toward the TLM…
Conferenza sul "Motu Proprio" a Pisa ________________________________________Il Comitato "San Pio V" di Pisa segnala una nuova bellissima iniziativa, una conferenza del Rev. P. Nicola Bux, consultore … Continue reading
A reader sent some good news and nice feedback about my post on the construction project in Old St. Patrick‘s in Kansas City:
Dear Father Z.
I do the Old St. Patrick Oratory in Kansas City website. Ordinarily we have about … Continue reading
I got this from a reader:
Father Z, Below is a paragraph from the June 2008 issue (see News and Commentaries at the end) of the Una Voce Arkansas Ozarks Regional Newsletter announcing Bishop J. Vann Johnston‘s prompt move to … Continue reading