You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- APX said “Hey God, you’re neat. Sorry for all the bad stuff...
- UncleBlobb said In the spirit of the Knox translation of the Holy...
- Robbie said I think the unhappiness some priests continue to s...
- marypatricia said A friend used to say “Blessed be His holy Na...
- Dave N. said Thank you for not sending undue Internet traffic t...
- Andrew said From an author explaining “dynamic equivalence in...
- Suburbanbanshee said After the big Xenia tornado of 1974, their parish...
- Andkaras said Venerator Sti Lot, and Fr. Z, and Andkaras all hig...
- Bob B. said Maybe the audience of the ’73 version was th...
- maskaggs said Without denigrating the value of introspection on...
- Andkaras said asking all God’s greatest blessings for mama...
- Panterina said Lost my job yesterday, after 16 years. I have to p...
- Phil_NL said Frankly, the only thing I could do upon reading th...
- Laura Lea said Thank you very much Mr. Masked Chicken. I very mu...
- totustuusmaria said Even if it did not encourage vocations, the servic...
- CatholicCoffee said I would like to echo Jack Hughes’ request, t...
- cyriss01 said @Patrick-K. If I heard that prayer at the Holy Sac...
- cyriss01 said If I were a priest and I absolutely had to say the...
- Wade said Those that complain about the 2011 translation are...
- Patrick-K said I don’t understand how it can be justified t...
- moon1234 said One other suggestion would be to use the manufactu...
- Kathy C said The feelings and egos of girls and women do count....
- moon1234 said There has not been 64bit non-compliant hardware fo...
- CatholicCoffee said Fr. Z., you have forgotten to add to the end of yo...
- Long-Skirts said CRIMSON RED Red cassocks For the Altar boys At Mas...
- Jennifer_Fitz said I voted all-male encourages, because of the obviou...
- Joe in Canada said And pray to St Joseph for a happy death.
- Joe in Canada said ps I would also add that most of the text, includi...
- Joe in Canada said As far as I can tell the survey neglected to analy...
- VexillaRegis said mamajen: What a cutie your new baby is! Big brothe...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 21 June 2008
I received an alarming note with a translation of a story in French from the site DICI about how His Excellency Most Reverend André Rivest, Bishop of Chicoutimi in Canada has a very different view of Summorum Pontificum than some … Continue reading
We’re back and running.
Here is what has happened so far.
We upgraded from a 1GB server to a 2GB server, which gives the database more swap.
We are now also behind a "virtual IP address" which lives on a piece of equipment … Continue reading
What Does the Prayer Really Say? 6th Sunday after Pentecost (1962 Missale Romanum)
Now please flip open your own trusty copy of the Liber Sacramentorum Romanae Aeclesiae Ordinis Anni Circuli edited by Leo Cunibert Mohlberg, OSB (in other words the … Continue reading
I am happy to announce that we have added Croatian to the Internet Prayer page.
Thanks to Tomislav for the help!
The traffic has grown to the point where the MySQL database is falling over.
Therefore, we must expand the server infrastructure.
It’s time to grow again, folks!
What will probably happen is, over the weekend, we will spread everything out over … Continue reading
This is in from the RISU
Patriarch of Constantinople Proposes Eastern Catholicism’s Return to Orthodoxy
19.06.2008, [12:10] // Inter-Christian relations //
Munich—In a recent interview with the German ecumenical journal Cyril and Methodius, the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church … Continue reading