- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Ben Kenobi said “insecure in their own identity and masculin...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for all on this post, btw.
- acricketchirps said Why don’t as many men go to church as women?...
- JARay said I knew Cardinal Heenan when he was the Bishop of L...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for you, Father Z. Please continue to pray...
- Supertradmum said Miss Anita, Pope Francis did use the royal “...
- Stephen Matthew said There is a real issue with liturgy in this yes, th...
- Supertradmum said Card. Heenan’s quotation, which is popular a...
- Mary said I have attended a few of the parishes in the New J...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Either Christ is in charge of His Church or He isn...
- dominic1955 said “Vatican II was not responsible for all the...
- Gregg the Obscure said I am also glad to pray for all here. Please pray f...
- HighMass said One has to wonder what way the Council would have...
- Mariana2 said Happy to pray for all intentions here, and Father...
- Stephen Matthew said In my home parish the choir receives between singi...
- PA mom said Please pray for my father who is having an angiogr...
- HighMass said One has to wonder what way the Council would have...
- frahobbit said Are the guys sitting around the teacup dressed in...
- McCall1981 said @Priam1184, I couldn’t agree with you more,...
- OrthodoxChick said Blessed Pope John XXIII: “But from the rene...
- LarryW2LJ said @ Netmilsmom Very, very little. Not widespread at...
- Priam1184 said The Church needs to get back to being the Church M...
- kpoterack said Incaelo, May God be with you and all other good Du...
- Priam1184 said @disco Can I just ask how well the first syllabus...
- Magpie said ”Show me just what Bugnini brought that was...
- loyeyoung said I am reminded of the hymn by the Catholic playwrig...
- bgfarmgirl said Please pray for my daughter-in-law Alicia and son...
- keithp said “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep...
- disco said We really need that new syllabus of errors.
- samwise said I interpreted this post to mean the opposite of wh...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
- We are on one side of the threshold we shall soon cross.
- GUEST POST: “…and my wife said, ‘But that’s a good thing!’”
- Reason #10 for Summorum Pontificum
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 26 June 2008
Today we have some interviews!
First, I interview a young Nigerian priest, Fr. Paschal, about how he introduced Latin into the worship of his parish. Great stuff! This fellow has his head screwed on in the right direction and … Continue reading
This story from the Capital Times of Madison, WI came to my attention through the intermediary of a kind reader. My emphases and comments:
Mazomanie church nixes altar girls
Pat Schneider — 6/25/2008 5:07 pm
Members of St. Barnabas Parish in Mazomanie say … Continue reading
I got this by e-mail:
Just wanted to let everyone know that Fr. Leger at St. Catherine’s in New Haven, Ky will be offering his first Traditional Latin Mass this Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 1PM EST. I hope everyone will … Continue reading
Over at In the Light of the Law, canonist Edward Peters has a proposal.
Be sure to go over there and spike his stats.
Here is his piece, with my emphases.
Proposal: Extend the Communion fast
I have just published a short article proposing … Continue reading
I just saw this. The writer has based himself on something B. Fellay said last week.
But the time frame set by the Holy See isn’t over yet.
Catholic rebel snubs pope call to rejoin Rome [I don’t think this is the … Continue reading