When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Rosary Rose said We can do something. We are Catholics. We pray. Ou...
- Max said This whole story reminds me of an nineteenth centu...
- Athelstan said aeg, What does joyless quasi-Jansenist mean? Damia...
- WYMiriam said My mother and I participated in a solemn High Mass...
- WYMiriam said “Bizarre” is a mild way to put it, Fat...
- gramma10 said A favorite priest here at “Our Lady of Hope&...
- Long-Skirts said ATLANTIC AURORA Jewel of the west On eastern coast...
- MouseTemplar said Granna10: one could do some reading of Kupelian...
- gramma10 said I agree with Boxerpaws1952 And I also must ask tha...
- Grateful to be Catholic said A society that has already abandoned any stricture...
- Philip Gerard Johnson said As a history major, sometimes I wish I could go ba...
- andia said Jansenism —http://www.unamsanctamcatholicam....
- gramma10 said There once was a time that pulpits preached straig...
- Badger Catholic said I like it so far, but gets … a bit barbaric...
- Scott W. said Jesus did specify that marriage was between a man...
- Grumpy Beggar said Jesus also said , “But I say to you, everyon...
- RomeontheRange said Guess they’re gonna have to start calling it...
- Nancy D. said While it is not a sin to have a disordered inclina...
- Kathleen10 said Ten minutes ago I would not have thought it possib...
- MikeToo said The Holy Spirit is the complete fulfillment of all...
- CharlesG said Jesus did specify that marriage was between a man...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the OP (Father Z’s comment is in the sq...
- yatzer said Alanmac says: The American CDC in a comprehensive...
- Nancy D. said No doubt, if our Holy Father Benedict had free rei...
- Daniel W said An example of Irish logic from a forward-thinking-...
- Elizabeth D said I would be interested if Damien Thompson and/or Fr...
- Martial Artist said Chuck, As a fellow former submariner from 1972-197...
- Fr_Sotelo said It is bad enough that people ask doctors to mutila...
- Alanmac said The American CDC in a comprehensive poll found tha...
- Benedict Joseph said At the risk of being chided by someone, I will rep...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 27 June 2008
Here is a great piece! As I was telling a journalist on the phone today, things are picking up speed.
Take a look at the Catholic Herald.
Archbishop Patrick Kelly of Liverpool is preparing to create Britain’s first parish dedicated to … Continue reading
Watch the presser Archbishop Burke gave about ceasing to be Archbishop of St. Louis and becoming Prefect of the Signatura.
This is wonderful.
Also, Archbishop Burke made a statement, posted on the Archdiocesan website.
Sacred Music Alert! Below is the prospectus for the music to be at the Mass in Cobh Cathedral for the Fota International Liturgy Conference to be held on 12 July 2008.
Fota International Liturgy Conference
Holy Mass at St. Colman’s Cathedral, Cobh,
Saturday, … Continue reading
From Damian Thompson’s blog Holy Smoke.
C of E bishop will defect to RomeThursday, June 26, 2008, 08:13 PM GMT [General]At least one Church of England bishop will defect to Rome soon after the Lambeth Conference, I gather from Anglo-Catholic … Continue reading
I find this interesting. I was tipped to it through a comment under another entry.
30 Days magazine managed to obtain a long interview with the … Continue reading
I am convinced that there must now be a dramatic gesture of humility on the part of the SSPX.
Everyone involved in this dispute, on both sides of this split, SSPX and Holy See alike, are good people.
They all … Continue reading
The spokesman of the SSPX is reported by the Agence France-Presse about the Five Conditions. This is reported in Le-Croix.com.Here is my translation with by emphases and comments.
PARIS: 27 June 2008 (AFP) – The Lefebvrites have no intention of responding … Continue reading
I am very happy to announce a matter of great joy.
One of the best books on St. Augustine in the last 20 years is now in paperback, and therefore more affordable.
Serious students of late antiquity, of theology, of … Continue reading
In a few minutes, at the bottom of this hour, I will say Mass, again for the intention of the closer unity of the SSPX with the Roman Pontiff. Join your intentions to this Mass.
Remember, as Augustine says, where there … Continue reading
On a blog called Dinoscopus there are entries which perhaps are posted by the excommunicated SSPX Bishop Richard Williamson.
I haven’t been able to verify for sure that this is Bp. Williamson’s blog, but it seems reasonable that it is.
On today’s … Continue reading