- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- wmeyer said Mississippi and Alabama both seem determined to ge...
- Henry Edwards said acardinal, as mentioned in the post, he served our...
- anilwang said Priam1184 says: Can someone explain to me what th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said An admirable accent: “the expiatory sacrific...
- drohan said If the leaders of the church can find way to inclu...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The Old Catholic Encyclopedia (as transcribed at N...
- Brian Cannon said I’m sure these clerks are also refusing thos...
- Jack Orlando said With the Society, the praiseworthy and the blamewo...
- acardnal said I wonder if Henry knows how/where Fr. Hendershott...
- RichR said How special, on so many levels.
- msc said I am still wary of the SSPX for all the usual, wel...
- FL_Catholic said God bless him in his ministry!
- Kyle said Attended this Mass on Sunday – Fr. Hendersho...
- Supertradmum said MariaKap, I am afraid I fell into the sin of sarca...
- Supertradmum said How absolutely beautiful! Liturgy envy…best...
- JARay said I was delighted to read the above article. I have...
- jacobi said The time for silence, for meek acceptance is over....
- MariaKap said Supertradmum, I just called the Archdiocese of New...
- Imrahil said I’m also joyfully surprised that Cdl Brandmü...
- jacobi said This interview is most encouraging. Bishop Fellay...
- acardnal said To quote Fr. Z, “brick by brick.”
- brhenry said The issue here is much more fundamental than sodom...
- FL_Catholic said Kudos to the clerk for resisting. That said, I hop...
- Priam1184 said This was a great statement. Can someone explain t...
- Benedict Joseph said It is the only good news I’ve read in at lea...
- pfreddys said How much time will elaps before a homosexual ̶...
- CCInglish said Thanks for posting this, Father. We buried my gra...
- Lirioroja said Statement by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio of the Dioce...
- kekeak2008 said This is some of the best news I’ve read in t...
- CrimsonCatholic said http://www.bhmdiocese.org/content.asp?id=1535306 T...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 27 June 2008
Here is a great piece! As I was telling a journalist on the phone today, things are picking up speed.
Take a look at the Catholic Herald.
Archbishop Patrick Kelly of Liverpool is preparing to create Britain’s first parish dedicated to … Continue reading
Watch the presser Archbishop Burke gave about ceasing to be Archbishop of St. Louis and becoming Prefect of the Signatura.
This is wonderful.
Also, Archbishop Burke made a statement, posted on the Archdiocesan website.
Sacred Music Alert! Below is the prospectus for the music to be at the Mass in Cobh Cathedral for the Fota International Liturgy Conference to be held on 12 July 2008.
Fota International Liturgy Conference
Holy Mass at St. Colman’s Cathedral, Cobh,
Saturday, … Continue reading
From Damian Thompson’s blog Holy Smoke.
C of E bishop will defect to RomeThursday, June 26, 2008, 08:13 PM GMT [General]At least one Church of England bishop will defect to Rome soon after the Lambeth Conference, I gather from Anglo-Catholic … Continue reading
I find this interesting. I was tipped to it through a comment under another entry.
30 Days magazine managed to obtain a long interview with the … Continue reading
I am convinced that there must now be a dramatic gesture of humility on the part of the SSPX.
Everyone involved in this dispute, on both sides of this split, SSPX and Holy See alike, are good people.
They all … Continue reading
The spokesman of the SSPX is reported by the Agence France-Presse about the Five Conditions. This is reported in Le-Croix.com.Here is my translation with by emphases and comments.
PARIS: 27 June 2008 (AFP) – The Lefebvrites have no intention of responding … Continue reading
I am very happy to announce a matter of great joy.
One of the best books on St. Augustine in the last 20 years is now in paperback, and therefore more affordable.
Serious students of late antiquity, of theology, of … Continue reading
In a few minutes, at the bottom of this hour, I will say Mass, again for the intention of the closer unity of the SSPX with the Roman Pontiff. Join your intentions to this Mass.
Remember, as Augustine says, where there … Continue reading
On a blog called Dinoscopus there are entries which perhaps are posted by the excommunicated SSPX Bishop Richard Williamson.
I haven’t been able to verify for sure that this is Bp. Williamson’s blog, but it seems reasonable that it is.
On today’s … Continue reading