Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- frjim4321: Hey, here’ ;s an idea. Let’ s figure out the factors that drive the tragedy of abortion and adopt policies to mitigate them? Like, figure out a solution to this problem that...
- Grant M: From the book whose opening verse: “Dil igite justitiam, qui judicatis terram” is literally spelt out in lights for Dante in heaven… Wisdom 12.  For thy immortal spirit is in all...
- Sawyer: The priestR 17;s trifocal eyeglasses : focusing far, near, and very near. Probably partialism because the same lens has three separate, different focal components that make up the whole...
- teachermom24: Not sure if this is a known heresy or not, but it sure was strange: the deacon preached today and said, “The early Christians came to the understand ing of the Trinity through...
- RAve: The ubiquitous (in Florida) and well-loved Publix supermarke t (recently in the news for ignorance of Latin – no joke – and for being the target of anti-gun boycott) has amazing...
- LeeGilbert: This was well worth a listen this Sunday afternoon. Thank you!
- hwriggles4: Our Pastoral Administra tor, a Pastoral Provision priest, likes to say: “If a preacher tells his congregati on that the Trinity is not important, or the preacher says it̵...
- LDP: Indeed. Even from the other side of the Irish Sea, as I lay in bed last night trying to sleep through the lightning storm, I couldn’t help but think how coincident al it was for the Irish...
- Kent Wendler: Those who voted for this remind me of the crowd who allowed themselves to be urged by the Sanhedrin into demanding “Cru cifixion!& #8221; for our Lord – and those whose...
- Justalurkingfool: Cannot say, honestly, that I am surprised by the vote in Ireland. But, it is still heartbreak ing. Karl
- hwriggles4: First, I am glad Pope Francis addressed this. I was also glad when he stated that the door to women priests was closed. Second, as a man who came of age in the 1980s (i.e.those of us...
- yatzer: I am afraid Heaven may have given us up to our own devices.
- RichR: Murder of the Innocents cries out to Heaven for vengeance.
- Henry Edwards: For those who hadn’ ;t recited the Athanasian creed at Prime earlier this morning, it was read as the principal part of our Trinity Sunday sermon. Only at a TLM?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): They probably haven’t got sense enough to be afraid.
- Josephus Corvus: We got a two-fer in the heresy count: Partialism + Modalism. Father listed three or four of the common analogies including the shamrock and the ice/water/ steam one. I think he is...
- Fr_Andrew: A relic you are, FatherR 30; or perhaps just an antiquity. 2nd class?! You seem most days to be a first-clas s chap! Ad multos annos! Congratula tions, and assurance of remembranc e...
- Clinton R.: First the legalizati on of aberro marriage. Now the legalizati on of the slaughter of the unborn. Ireland, once a nation of saints, has cast its lot with Satan. Lightning strikes will...
- bobbird: What would be Fr. Z’s opinion of the scene in The Reluctant Saint — where Maximilian Schell, playing St. Joseph of Cupertino, enjoys an evening of martinis and cigars in the...
- Magdalen Ross: Storm across Ireland: https://ww w.irishexa miner.com/ examviral/ lightning- hits-irela nd-in-stri king-show- of-force-8 45340.html
- JabbaPapa: robtbrown, sorry for the tardiness in my response — if it helps, it was from some final acts of penance and contrition , that took an unusually long time on my own part and in my...
- vetusta ecclesia: The lightening disabled for some hours London Stansted Airport the UK HQ of Ryanair
- JabbaPapa: It’s interestin g — it is very, very hard to provide any genuinely orthodox teaching about the Trinity Himself, or even just about the Trinitaria n theology, without, even...
- SanSan: May God continue to bless you and keep you! Your instructio n has been so valuable to my faith. Thank you Fr. Z.
- Kevin: Irish Catholic Archbishop of Dublin Dr Diarmuid Martin has just thrown all the incredible pro life warriors who canvassed and rallied in Ireland for the unborn over the last eleven years,...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Trinity Sunday 2018 – and ASK FATHER: “Trinitini” martini
- Ireland votes pro-abortion for Trinity Sunday, the heavens respond
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- Did the catholic Left and homosexualists ignore Pope Francis’ words about seminarians?
- Bp. Morlino’s clear commencement address: “let’s be politically incorrect”
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: June 2008
Today during the Mass for the Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul, Benedict XVI and Bartholomew I recited the Creed together in Greek.
This is interesting for several reasons.
First, for so long it has been nearly obligatory to have the whole … Continue reading
I have received a few e-mails about this, but they are all very vague.
After the decree of suppression was read at the 9:00 TLM today at Holy Trinity Church in Boston, the parochial administrator (who is also … Continue reading
The Collect for the Novus Ordo today is in part inspired by that of the parallel prayer in the 1962 Missale Romanum. However, it seems to be a rather new creation, if not entirely new.
COLLECT: Deus, qui … Continue reading
There has been much buzz about the pallium this year. Pope Benedict has shifted the the papal pallium away from the very ancient, drapy stole-like "archeological" form back (and forward) to one of the historical forms which can be seen … Continue reading
I received a tip via e-mail.
Before reading this, I am getting it second hand and also I have no way to get separate confirmation. So, we have to take this for what it is worth. It’s up to you.
Here is … Continue reading
Again for the Holy Mass for Sts. Peter and Paul, the Holy Father is distributing Communion only to people who are kneeling and he is giving It on the tongue only.
You could see them set up the … Continue reading
Holy Mass has begun in Rome at St. Peter’s Basilica for the feast of Sts. Peter & Paul.
The old … Continue reading
I want to share with you some really nice feedback. It is nice to get some… especially after these last few days. Whew!
This is from a reader/listener!
Last week, while returning from pipe organ lessons at W.S.U (Go Cougs!), my … Continue reading
Images are available at NLM. Kudos to them for posting.
Sermon of the Ecumenical Patriarch:
Santità, amato Fratello in Cristo,
e voi tutti, i fedeli nel Signore,
Animati da una gioia colma di solennità, ci troviamo, per la preghiera dei Vespri, in questo antico … Continue reading
Everyone, remember that the Holy Year dedicated to St. Paul is about to begin. Here is, once again, the text of the decree for the plenary indulgence people can gain during this time.
URBIS ET ORBIS
Special Indulgences are conceded to … Continue reading