When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- VexillaRegis said Please pray for us today! After a week with a lot...
- gramma10 said Oh and if you have not read Left To Tell by Immacu...
- gramma10 said Wow! Seems like most of you are prepared. I have a...
- Geoffrey said “This would never have happened under Benedi...
- Glennonite said My truck always: 3/4+ in tank, Bike w/pump & f...
- WYMiriam said Imrahil, the bishops can’t “order̶...
- andia said I keep a backpack with several days worth of cloth...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Two new contributions with more detail by Edward P...
- MWindsor said That should be 8 inches of rain.
- MWindsor said Moon1234 – Only 100 rounds? It’s been...
- jameeka said Br. Augustine of Nubia: I did too!
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Perhaps the Italians have figured out that...
- Br. Augustine of Nubia said I imagined a young St. Augustine of Hippo when I h...
- benedetta said Obviously the [FILL IN THE BLANK] makes a differen...
- FrAnt said I have a EDC containing some everyday needs, flash...
- Kathleen10 said acricketchirps, lol! I’ve definitely given t...
- Auggie said In case of a typical Natural Disaster (hurricane,...
- tioedong said I don’t know about cities, but in rural Okla...
- Rachel Pineda said In advance yes, I am asking in sincerity. Is Latin...
- kpoterack said Not even Archbp. Bruno Forte was there . . . KP: W...
- KateD said I’d tell you, but then….who would hear...
- boxerpaws1952 said “C’est la vie” is ok unless we’r...
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You | Fr. Z’s Blog | therasberrypalace said […] via Of Disasters, Preparedness and You |...
- Phil_NL said It all depends very much on the environment you...
- thickmick said EDC Rosary in my pocket, and back up Rosaries at h...
- Bea said Full gas tank at all times. Bottled water in the c...
- FrMJPB said Most important thing in the first BOB I prepared w...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Muv, Thank you! This would seem to apply to the Ma...
- yatzer said Exactly what I was thinking, chantgirl.
- Moral_Hazard said Preparedness and emergency planning is fine, but I...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- Blog problems
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: June 2008
Tipped by a reader, I picked this up from BalkanInsight.com.
I really dislike this topic, so I am not going to open the combox right now.
Vatican to Probe Medjugorje Sightings
27 June 2008 Sarajevo _ The Vatican announced <font color="#ff0000"><b>[It did? If … Continue reading
On Saturday 28 June 2008, twenty years to the day after his illicit episcopal consecration at Econe, Switzerland which resulted in his excommunication and the split between the SSPX and the Catholic Church, Bp. Bernard Fellay, now Superior General of … Continue reading
Here is a great piece! As I was telling a journalist on the phone today, things are picking up speed.
Take a look at the Catholic Herald.
Archbishop Patrick Kelly of Liverpool is preparing to create Britain’s first parish dedicated to … Continue reading
Watch the presser Archbishop Burke gave about ceasing to be Archbishop of St. Louis and becoming Prefect of the Signatura.
This is wonderful.
Also, Archbishop Burke made a statement, posted on the Archdiocesan website.
Sacred Music Alert! Below is the prospectus for the music to be at the Mass in Cobh Cathedral for the Fota International Liturgy Conference to be held on 12 July 2008.
Fota International Liturgy Conference
Holy Mass at St. Colman’s Cathedral, Cobh,
Saturday, … Continue reading
From Damian Thompson’s blog Holy Smoke.
C of E bishop will defect to RomeThursday, June 26, 2008, 08:13 PM GMT [General]At least one Church of England bishop will defect to Rome soon after the Lambeth Conference, I gather from Anglo-Catholic … Continue reading
I find this interesting. I was tipped to it through a comment under another entry.
30 Days magazine managed to obtain a long interview with the … Continue reading
I am convinced that there must now be a dramatic gesture of humility on the part of the SSPX.
Everyone involved in this dispute, on both sides of this split, SSPX and Holy See alike, are good people.
They all … Continue reading
The spokesman of the SSPX is reported by the Agence France-Presse about the Five Conditions. This is reported in Le-Croix.com.Here is my translation with by emphases and comments.
PARIS: 27 June 2008 (AFP) – The Lefebvrites have no intention of responding … Continue reading
I am very happy to announce a matter of great joy.
One of the best books on St. Augustine in the last 20 years is now in paperback, and therefore more affordable.
Serious students of late antiquity, of theology, of … Continue reading