Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ms. M-S: Yes. And I think, every time I come to that part in the movie, that it means all of us as well.
- Gab: @carndt, I did post something for you but my comment seems to have disappeare d. I won’ t repost as maybe Father removed it. In any case, use google to find the answer.
- Gab: @ The Egyptian, I don’ t think much of those comments. Seems a bit of envy going on. As for the cost, the aim is to do something beautiful for God, have good quality vestments that last...
- The Egyptian: thought you might enjoy Southern Orders blogger Fr. Allan J. McDonald,s posting on your new vestments, especially the comments. https://so uthernorde rspage.blo gspot.com/ 2019/04...
- arcillajohn: So beautiful! !!
- TheBackPew: Ditto, that is my #1 moment as well. And He did.
- Diana: Me too. Such a perfect movie.
- bibi1003: I read at LifeSite News today that 3 days before this man showed up at St. Patrick 217;s, he was arrested for trespassin g at NewarkR 17;s Sacred Heart Cathedral. It was also...
- Charles E Flynn: Amazon.com ’s listing for the DVD Definitive Edition shows a Blu-ray Definitive Edition, but when you click its button, you get the regular Blu-ray. The ASIN for the Blu-ray...
- richiedel: Can someone find the part in the law about how the two “sna cks” cannot add up to one full meal?
- Suburbanbanshee: Chewing gum is mentioned by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, IIRC, in the form of pine tar, mastic, etc. And he said it was okay, but not to smack your lips and chew obviously, so as not...
- JustaSinner: Beautiful! Worthy of The Lord.
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: I need to redownload the scriptural way of the cross. There are a few apps available. I like the one Via Crucis. I just wish it came with an audio. I tried the papal one...
- carndt: Please edify me on Holy Thursday&a mp;Good Friday. When I was young( pre-VII): – there was not feet washing of anyone. Last night there was feet washing of laity, 12 individual s. One...
- Imrahil: (Except, I guess, for the latter – which I intended to delete from the comment, but there goes.)
- Imrahil: Anyway, what about the apple (or for that matter orange) juice? Or the skim-milk of the Wisconseni ans (what̵ 7;s the word for them?)? They might be borderline cases, especially with...
- Mariana2: Should have read: my Lutheran husband 217;s apple juice.
- Mariana2: I looked rather longingly on my husband 217;s apple juice today̷ 0;
- pbnelson: @Imrahil, thanks!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Semper: As we sang this morning 230; Dómine, audívi auditiónem tuam, * et tímui. Dómine, opus tuum, * in médio annórum vivífica illud: In médio annórum notum fácies: * cum...
- Imrahil: Chewing gum? One after each meal and collation seems okay. After all, they are hardly nourishing . The point is, they must in a sensible manner be part of the meal or the collati...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z. “Whe n the years shall draw nigh Thou shalt be known: when the time shall come, Thou shalt be manifested . When my soul shall be in trouble, Thou wilt remem...
- Imrahil: Well, what about the cappuccino ? It looks to me like a quite good example of a morning allowance. One. With nothing else. Okay, maybe one abbraccio or pan di stelle or the like. Just one....
- pbnelson: Okay, coffee with a small amount of milk is okay, got it. What about cappuccino s? i.e. 1.5 ounces of espresso with 3 ounces of milk? And three of them? To be completely honest, my idea...
- SKAY: Thank you JonPatrick
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
- ASK FATHER: The priest is a jerk and has hang-ups
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: July 2008
The restoration of Old St. Patrick’s in Kansas City, MO, is going apace.
My friend John L. Allen, Jr., the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded former Rome correspondent for the ultra-lefty National Catholic Reporter had an op-ed in the New York Times (or Hell’s Bible as one bishop I know calls it). Let’s have a … Continue reading
Here is some good news: St. Rose in Quincy to be chapel for extraordinary form of Mass Written by Kathie Sass, Catholic Times Editor 07/27/2008 Extraordinary form sometimes known as Traditional Latin Mass St. Rose of Lima Church … Continue reading
I imagine His Excellency Most Reverend Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City-St. Joseph (MO), has a very full schedule, and therefore doesn’t have time to read each issue of the ultra-leftist National Catholic Reporter (published nearly in His Excellency’s own … Continue reading
I missed posting this yesterday. There was a very interesting entry in the Martyrologium Romanum for 27 July. 1. Commemoratio sanctorum septem Dormientium Ephesi, qui, ut narratur, martyrio consummato, in pace quiescunt, diem resurrectionis expectantes. I’ll let you dig … Continue reading
There is a great post over at The Shrine. Here is a sample. You watchers of Doctor Who will appreciate, along with the reference to Father Qui near the end. Your Daily Dose of HWTN Excerpted from transcript of Holy … Continue reading
Despite my mood, I thought this was pretty good:
I got this by e-mail: Father, I need your help! I am a re-vert to the faith, and my catholic upbringing had little structure as far as family prayer or teaching. Sunday mass and meal prayers and bed time prayers … Continue reading
Anyone interested in the "SSPX Question", might want to take a look at an entry on the blog The Sensible Bond by a frequent commenter here, Dr. Brian Sudlow. Confessions of a Nobody or why I quit the SSPX milieu … Continue reading
I am very sad about something at the moment. In your charity please pray for a personal intention. Thanks!
Here is the third part of the Angelus interview with three of the four excommunicated bishops of the SSPX. Part one (Fellay) was here and part one (Tissier de Mallerais) here. Today we look at what SSPX Bishop Richard Williamson … Continue reading
One year ago today I posted this "oldie" PODCAzT which dealt with a question under discussion still today: the translation of the words "pro multis" in the consecration of the Most Precious Blood during Holy Mass. It seemed right for … Continue reading
Do you remember the dust up at the Univ. of Minnesota when the Theatre Department staged Dario Fo’s severely anti-Catholic The Pope and the Witch? I think we are seeing a pattern. I have so far refrained from writing about … Continue reading
About a gazillion people have written me e-mails with the story that the USCCB put out a news story about progress on the new translation of the Roman Missal. I have received scores of e-mails with links to various sites … Continue reading
Are there any experts out there who know if is possible to save a Powerpoint presentation as an video file? For example a mpeg or flv?