Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- eulogos said There are plenty of churches where they will be ha...
- eulogos said By the way, if you as a parent traveling without t...
- Former Altar Boy said Applauding the guitar-tambourine-electric piano ...
- eulogos said I lifted my camera to take a picture of the small...
- Mike said It seems unlikely that the visible and unapologeti...
- Supertradmum said Simon_GNR. Everything changed after 9/11. I was o...
- jacobi said Yes, the Great European War 1914- 1945 in which Ch...
- Supertradmum said Over the past seventy years, the Church has become...
- Uxixu said Perhaps you should read St Augustine again, Elizab...
- APX said Sorry Rancid. My bad. It makes so much sense now w...
- Elizabeth D said I am for voluntarily not arming oneself, and teach...
- Traductora said Strange photo. What is this, the Episcopalians hav...
- Kathleen10 said To see clergy in a cassock is electrifying, especi...
- Simon_GNR said I’ve twice entered the U.S.A. over the land...
- rcg said What would they do about sermons exhorting people...
- markomalley said FWIW, here is an update from the local Iowa televi...
- Dienekes said I spent a career as a federal criminal investigato...
- marcelus said here’s a session of Q&A’s from Fra...
- danidunn said When I read, “when we feed their mothersR...
- marcelus said http://www.news.va/en/news/cardinal-sandri-no-reli...
- GreggW said I have been taught that a twofold “problem...
- marcelus said Appparently, the Pope was saying (it’s on n...
- marcelus said And these two guys know each other.. they go way b...
- moconnor said Politics aside, we share a lot of blame for all th...
- yatzer said I envy my Methodist and Episcopalian relatives the...
- danidunn said I tend to think the pope, having lived in Buenos A...
- Uxixu said Fortescue: “Pius IX instituted a kind of un...
- AVL said Us too, 7th Sunday after Pentecost. I’m conf...
- AVL said I’m trying to wrap my mind around the pictur...
- incredulous said Our parish is particularly fond of clapping right...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- WDTPRS: 17th Sunday after Pentecost – Satan yearns to crow over your fallen soul
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 5 August 2008
On 15 August I am to preach for the Solemn Mass for the Feast of the Assumption at the Cathedral of Camden, NJ.
The Mass is an annual event organized by the wonderful Mater Ecclesiae community in Berlin, NJ, the great … Continue reading
On 8 August I fly to Cleveland where I will be for a few days.
We have said that there will be a blognic on Saturday morning 9 August.
The plans must be firmed up now, I think.
Let’s meet on Saturday 9 … Continue reading
You might want to put on your calendar the Perseid Meteor Shower. Here is a note from SpaceWeather.
The Perseid Shower is called the "Tears of St. Lawrence" because it peaks around the time of the Feast of St. Lawerence.
Yet another … Continue reading
Our friend John Sonnen of Orbis Catholicus has some photos of the moment when, to commemorate the ancient miracle of the August snowfall in Rome, panels in the ceiling of the papal Basilica of St. Mary Major are opened and … Continue reading
Priests who celebrate the Novus Ordo in English might be interested in this.
Here is a "cheat sheet" put together by a priest who sent it to me to share with priests.
This sheet puts in a convenient format some of … Continue reading
I posted the news reported by Una Voce in Mexico, about the expansion of the TLM in Guadalajara and Mexico City.
I received some photos of a TLM celebrated in Guadalajara by a priest of the FSSP in San Isidro Labrador:
… Continue reading
I received this from a reader in Raleigh, North Carolina.
You might remember that the bishop there, His Excellency Most Rev. Michael F. Burbidge, Bishop of Raleigh, issued a very good response to Pope Benedict’s letter Summorum Pontificum.
Now Bp. Burbidge has … Continue reading
This is in from Franciscan University at Steubenville:
I thought you would like to know that a have received unofficial word that starting this fall semester Franciscan University of Steubenville will be offering the Traditional Latin Mass every Saturday morning … Continue reading