Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Stephen Matthew said STATES RIGHTS! Really? Like the right South Caroli...
- Supertradmum said (X)MCCLXIII, There are two things you are confusin...
- SaintJude6 said Sorry, count me among the southerners who is NOT a...
- moconnor said Let’s remember the original post. This is Li...
- andia said Kerry, the smallpox thing is historical fact, unfo...
- ChesterFrank said if speed is what you need : http://koenigsegg.com/...
- williamjm said How could the war be over slavery when Lincoln pro...
- The Masked Chicken said “The War of Northern Aggression was not foug...
- Kerry said Also a good, well, interesting day to reread Churc...
- CharlesG said “The “historical Jesus” is only of passing i...
- Kerry said Father Z, for a long time at the walleye fish rest...
- Kerry said Christ’s birthplace today, Obama’s bi...
- Andrew Saucci said How I wish that politicians today took God into co...
- FrankWalshingham said Can’t drink Lincoln’s Kool Aid , Fathe...
- MarkJ said I wonder if today’s school children are even...
- PA mom said Gorgeous. If it can become an island again, maybe...
- Muv said Totally fascinating, and many thanks to Elizabeth...
- Kathleen10 said He was eloquent and not ashamed to acknowledge God...
- Akita said I’ve been pondering the hidden life of Jesus...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said This is indeed a very fine specimen of English-lan...
- BobP said The so-called missals of 1965 and 1967 weren’...
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015: Second Week of Lent | The Quarterdeck said […] ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?...
- iamlucky13 said Once again, the media is referring to a person as...
- frjim4321 said I love Stephen Hunter.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: That’s certainly part of the premi...
- Kent Wendler said W.r.t., the “open seat”, I would consi...
- Facta Non Verba said Frjim4321, it is not just an old church. It is ...
- Facta Non Verba said In addition to guns, terrorists are now banned on...
- Belgian Catholic said “The abbot was both religious and military c...
- Joseph-Mary said I stayed at this convent on my pilgrimage to the H...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 16: Thursday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Veyron’s successor?
- 4 March 1865: Lincoln’s 2nd Inaugural Address
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 5 August 2008
On 15 August I am to preach for the Solemn Mass for the Feast of the Assumption at the Cathedral of Camden, NJ.
The Mass is an annual event organized by the wonderful Mater Ecclesiae community in Berlin, NJ, the great … Continue reading
On 8 August I fly to Cleveland where I will be for a few days.
We have said that there will be a blognic on Saturday morning 9 August.
The plans must be firmed up now, I think.
Let’s meet on Saturday 9 … Continue reading
You might want to put on your calendar the Perseid Meteor Shower. Here is a note from SpaceWeather.
The Perseid Shower is called the "Tears of St. Lawrence" because it peaks around the time of the Feast of St. Lawerence.
Yet another … Continue reading
Our friend John Sonnen of Orbis Catholicus has some photos of the moment when, to commemorate the ancient miracle of the August snowfall in Rome, panels in the ceiling of the papal Basilica of St. Mary Major are opened and … Continue reading
Priests who celebrate the Novus Ordo in English might be interested in this.
Here is a "cheat sheet" put together by a priest who sent it to me to share with priests.
This sheet puts in a convenient format some of … Continue reading
I posted the news reported by Una Voce in Mexico, about the expansion of the TLM in Guadalajara and Mexico City.
I received some photos of a TLM celebrated in Guadalajara by a priest of the FSSP in San Isidro Labrador:
… Continue reading
I received this from a reader in Raleigh, North Carolina.
You might remember that the bishop there, His Excellency Most Rev. Michael F. Burbidge, Bishop of Raleigh, issued a very good response to Pope Benedict’s letter Summorum Pontificum.
Now Bp. Burbidge has … Continue reading
This is in from Franciscan University at Steubenville:
I thought you would like to know that a have received unofficial word that starting this fall semester Franciscan University of Steubenville will be offering the Traditional Latin Mass every Saturday morning … Continue reading