Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Dutchman said Ok,so what do you do if the offender is the pastor...
- Scott W. said While out of town we attended a Redemptorist ____....
- benedetta said So…back to contemplating Cardinal Burke home...
- benedetta said People here frequently disagree with one another a...
- Gaz said Kyrie is right. I believe it’s the only alta...
- Martlet said Yes please, people. Do support the military archd...
- Gaz said BYO Deacons?
- Lori Pieper said “speaking truth to power does not make a wom...
- Lori Pieper said I really love Fr. Barron, but I don’t know i...
- KG said What is the problem with the Chadwick translation?...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said The man who served on my doctoral committee in the...
- kylie said I don’t think the table altar is the moving...
- americangirl said I too was one who hoped and prayed Cardinal Burke...
- Thorfinn said Agree with kpoterack’s reasoning on the Mari...
- Gail F said So excited to read these comments!! I absolutely L...
- briaangelique said I moved shortly prior to his election so I canR...
- rms said To Julian Barkin: The Benedictines of Mary near Ka...
- Juergensen said A Pope Burke or Pope Pell would be beautiful to be...
- frjim4321 said Anita, why don’t you save such pronouncement...
- Betsy said Done! And done in part for my nephew who has recen...
- Lin said Mass attendance in our parish has dropped by at le...
- robtbrown said Imrahil, In his Memoirs he refers to his experie...
- Anita Moore OPL said Archbishop Sample is our metropolitan. He can com...
- steve jones said It seems a reasonable appointment to send a 67 yo...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: I can’t imagine the provincial...
- benedetta said Hijacking a post though would be just one obvious...
- benedetta said Still wrong. Now you’re just making it up.
- marcelus said Churches packed in Argentina and all over Latam....
- frjim4321 said No a troll is not a troll because you don’t...
- adjensen said Donated, Fr. Z, thank you for the “heads up.
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 26 August 2008
This is in the Archdiocese of San Francisco’s newspaper:
Pelosi’s nationally aired abortion comments "disgraceful’, "incompetent", "incredible" USCCB corrects House Speaker’s views as "misleading" and outdated
By Rick DelVecchio
Catholic and conservative commentators reacted with outrage and disbelief to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s … Continue reading
Consider that the
Cardinal Archbishop of New YorkCardinal Archbishop of PhiladelphiaArchbishop of Washington DCArchbishop of Denver
all issued statements to correct and redress the falsehoods about Catholic doctrine on the beginning of human life stated on network television pro-abortion Catholic Speaker of … Continue reading
Speaker Pelosi is deep in it now.
I am still looking for a link, but Amy reports that Brendan Daly, Nancy Pelosi’s spokesman issued a statement about her remarks on Meet The Press:
“The Speaker is the mother of five children … Continue reading
Here is something just perfect to relieve the pressure of this day’s controversies.
For the chant jock in your life
This series and more available at The CantemusDomino Store.
And when wearing this, be sure to have a coffee mug on your … Continue reading
Here is something from Politico:
August 26, 2008Categories: LeadershipPelosi a ‘religious heretic,’ says former GOP Rep.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is a “religious heretic” for suggesting that there is disagreement within the Catholic Church over the definition of conception, former Rep. … Continue reading
The ancient Greeks depicted Kairos, son of Zeus and the god of Opportunity, as as a young man with long hair streaming from his forehead but with shaved head behind.
The idea is that Opportunity can only be seized when … Continue reading
This is in from FoxNews:
Archbishop of Washington Chides Pelosi; Denver Archbishop Warns Biden to Skip Communion by FOXNews.com Tuesday, August 26, 2008
By Bill Sammon
Irked by pro-choice Democrats who tout their Catholicism, the archbishop of Washington is chiding House … Continue reading
Republicans in the US House of Representatives have reacted to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and her remarks to Tom Brokaw on Meet The Press. I got this from Ed Morrissey at Hot Air:
Catholic House Republicans respond to Pelosi’s abortion lies
On … Continue reading
What do the American bishops have to say as a body about Speak Pelosi’s remarks?
Bishops respond to House Speaker Pelosi’s misrepresentation of Church teaching against abortion
WASHINGTON–Cardinal Justin F. Rigali, chairman of the U.S. Bishops’ Committee on Pro-Life Activities, … Continue reading
His Excellency Donald W. Wuerl responds to Speaker Pelosi:
Archbishop Wuerl on the Church’s Constant Teaching on Abortion
August 25, 2008
The following statement is from Washington Archbishop Donald W. Wuerl:
On Meet the Press this past Sunday, August 23, 2008, Speaker of … Continue reading