Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Eugene: I do not recognize the church I was baptized into and adhered to for my life anymore, I am so sick of all these sick happenings . Truly there is an agenda, and its not so hidden anymore. I...
- Fr Martin Fox: If you will forgive me, Father: it occurs to me that some may read this and be unclear on a precise point. Is a confession not valid if the penitent omits these aggravatin g circum...
- Fr Martin Fox: Regarding parish registrati on… My reading of Canon Law leads me to believe that no one is, strictly speaking, required to complete a parish registrati on. But it is a courte...
- Fr Martin Fox: Suburbanba nshee said: My hometown parish used to have a big map of the parish boundaries , in black and white, right up on the wall in the vestibule. So if people had any quest...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Europe is lost. I have written it off. Don’ t think things like what we’r e seeing today DIDN’ ;T happen in the centuries leading up to the Fall of Constan...
- Suburbanbanshee: Re: reading Aquinas, “it would seem to be” means “thi s is an objection which I am about to demolish, or which is only partially true/appli cable.R 21;
- fishonthehill: So true… ;. “the y will mock” ;! As one who often wears the cassock (which I do not view as traditiona l garb… ; just my everyday wear), I show up at a neighbo...
- jschicago: Father, How much do you think the shoes would cost? €195? I couldnR 17;t find any shoes on the site, but found that price in an article from doing a search, but the article was from...
- David L Alexander: I think the whole idea of papal honors or any bestowal of orders of knighthood has become corrupted. I’ve seen too many instances of people getting awards for little other...
- LarryW2LJ: ” The press office statement says that this award was part of a routine exchange of honors for diplomatic purposes during a state visit. Therefore, it has nothing to do with...
- Michael: St. Catherine of Genoa, ora pro nobis!
- Gregg the Obscure: Archdioces e of Denver is revising and publishing parish boundaries (main revision is using road names and county boundaries instead of surveyor 8217;s descriptio ns so average...
- JonPatrick: This made me think of how over the weekend we watched “Dar kest Hour” ; where newly minted Prime Minister Churchill is almost alone in being determined to stand up to the...
- rtjl: It is getting very difficult to prevent my thoughts from turning in the following direction& #8230;. The abominatio n of desolation stands revealed in the heart of the sanctuary as (adulte...
- ServusChristi: In addition to that, I hear Italian faithful are not allowed to pray the Rosary aloud lest it offend the follower of the Religion of Peace. Or maybe even Earth hour may not be...
- Riddley: Father, you’ ve recommende d a book about Islam and the “War on TerrorR 21; several times. Could you remind us what it was please, as it seems rather germane. [I’l l...
- chantgirl: While I find it easy to believe that some higher up sympathize s with Lilianne Ploumen 217;s abortion and contracept ion “wor k”, I also have to wonder if the award was...
- Philmont237: I spent six months in a Muslim country having to listen to the call to prayer from the loudspeake rs of a mosque right next door to my apartment building. Returning to Germany and...
- thomas tucker: So, I take it the same thing would apply to confessing the enjoyment of something like impure thoughts- would one have to specify that they were impure thoughts about adultery? What...
- Traductora: The left has been shutting down bells everywhere it gets control (I remember when they forced the local Orthodox church in San Francisco to stop ringing their wonderful bells —...
- alnleash: There is no TLM in our diocese . FSSP is less than an hour’ ;s drive away in another city. But I dont want to give up on my parish. We are fortunate to be parishione rs of the most...
- ChiaraDiAssisi: I have had to move, plug my ears discreetly and hum to myself. In order to avoids this, I will just reccomened doing what our local holy fool does… ;cuts in front of everyo...
- Semper Gumby: These two posts and comments on the Feast of the Ass were great. Speaking of asses and feasting, today I saw Tracer Bullet, Ace Private Eye, at lunchtime in the cafeteria. ____ I was...
- Grant M: What would be the reaction if I told my local mosque to turn off its loudspeake rs? If I can tolerate the fajr azan, (especiall y if its well-chant ed- usually I just sleep through it...
- Sword40: I no longer attend my territoria l parish because of poorly presented liturgy and resentment from locals. I now drive 80 miles each way to my FSSP parish. My old parish continues to print...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
- More bad art… but this time well-deserved!
- ACTON INSTITUTE is accepting applications for the $15K 2018 Novak Award
- VIDEO about legendary Latinist Fr. Reginald Foster, OCD
- 2 Feb – Rosary To The Interior: For the Purification of the Church
- Travel Vestments Update
- More altar rails! We need many many more altar rails!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: September 2008
We all know that Congress is busy these days, but let us not forget that the Archbp. of San Francisco wants to have a private discussion with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi about her understanding of the Church’s teachings … Continue reading
Today at Castel Gandolfo, Pope Benedict addressed a group and appropriately spoke about the Holy Angels, saying:
The invisible presence of these blessed spirits is of great help and comfort to us: they journey by our side and protect us in … Continue reading
I have received dozens of e-mail from people alerting me to the news that my friend Fr. Uwe Michael Lang of the Brompton Oratory and the CDW has been appointed as a consultant for the Office of Pontifical Ceremonies headed … Continue reading
I received a note from my friend Fr. Robert Johansen about a Gregorian chant workshop he has organized for beginners.
No previous knowledge of Chant required – This is truly for beginners!
Saturday, October 18, 20089:00 AM – 3:00 PM
St. Therese Catholic … Continue reading
Prefect of the CDF, William Card. Levada – from recent remarks in Los Angeles where he gave a talk at a prayer breakfast on 16 September 2008:
"Of course, what is essential is a correct understanding of the just autonomy ofthe … Continue reading
Those of you who know and share some of my reading habits will recognize the significance of the following.
I was in one of the general displays in the British Museum and recognized a friend… twice!
We hit the 4,000,000 mark for visits today!
That’s 4 mil since I started using Sitemeter.
Who was it?
It’s done!Flensburg, Schleswig-Holstein
Visitor’s Time Sep 28 2008 10:49:04 pmVisit Number 4,000,000
Say a prayer for His Holiness Pope John Paul I, who unexpectedly died on this day in 1978.
From a priest reader:
I hope priests continue to write in. I would like their contributions to be a regular feature here.
I am a pastor who recently began offering Mass in the Extraordinary Form.
In fact, today marked my third Sunday! … Continue reading
I am always fascinated to see how many different places around the world whence people are when they visit WDTPRS.
Here is a snapshot of the last few minutes.
(These places are sometimes approximations.)
Bloomington, Illinois Salt Lake City, Utah Tup, Sao Paulo … Continue reading
A new edition of The Ceremonies of the Roman Rite Described edited by Alcuin Reid is being produced.
A kind soul sent me the text of the introduction to the edition by the President of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, His … Continue reading
A reader asks:
I have a friend who is undergoing foot surgery soon. Although it is minor surgery, she will be under general anesthesia for over two hours. Her sister ended up in a coma for two weeks following a surgery … Continue reading